Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL FOUR - Your Thoughts ?
Well,   from  68   to   4  , here we are !!!   What are your thoughts on the   F4  field ?   It is essentially  a "Western Four,"  with  Gonzaga,  UCLA, Baylor, and Houston participating in this weekend's  extravaganza.   

Do you think  UCLA  or the Baylor/Houston winner  will be able to challenge the juggernaut  Zags ?   Who do you see advancing to the title game?

It wouldn't surprise me if both of this weekend's semi-final games were double digit wins for Gonzaga and Baylor. However, if Houston is on target from long distance, they can keep it close with Baylor.

What are your thoughts?
I’m pretty much with you on your assessment. Johnny Juzang (man that name sounds familiar) would probably have to go off for 40+ to even keep UCLA in striking distance in that semi. Don’t think it’s happening. Houston-Baylor might be a little more competitive, but so far Houston has beaten teams seeded 15, 10, 11 and 12. Baylor is a different animal.

I do give the Bears a chance in the finals, but Gonzaga was the best team I saw early in the season, in the middle of the season, and so far in the tournament. I think they are gonna do what UK couldn’t and finish off an unbeaten national championship season.
(04-02-2021, 07:17 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I’m pretty much with you on your assessment. Johnny Juzang (man that name sounds familiar) would probably have to go off for 40+ to even keep UCLA in striking distance in that semi. Don’t think it’s happening. Houston-Baylor might be a little more competitive, but so far Houston has beaten teams seeded 15, 10, 11 and 12. Baylor is a different animal.

I do give the Bears a chance in the finals, but Gonzaga was the best team I saw early in the season, in the middle of the season, and so far in the tournament. I think they are gonna do what UK couldn’t and finish off an unbeaten national championship season.

Agree.

Btw,    national titles of  accumulated by the four schools remaining.

Gonzaga -    0

Baylor    -     0

Houston -     0

UCLA     -     11
Gonzaga(-14)   vs.   UCLA

Baylor(-5)      vs.   Houston
WOW!!!!   Very , very high level game. UCLA really brought it tonight.   Super impressed with the Bruins' determination and never give up attitude.

GO ZAGS !!!!
I thought this was one of the most entertaining games I’ve ever watched. Just great play after great play and what will become an iconic ending. Gonzaga is gonna have their hands full with Baylor Monday night, the Bears are legit.
I am so ashamed. I fell asleep!! Just watched the final 4 minutes. What a game!!
One of the best games I have seen in a long time. It was actually fun to watch with all the movement without the balland passing from both teams. This game set basketball back 20 years in a good way. When Juzang (sp?) hit that shot I thought for certain it was going to double OT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't say enough how impressed I was with UCLA.  From First Four to Final Four, they had to come from 14 behind just to beat Michigan St, in OT. I thought those guys showed so much poise , heart, and determination. I loved their demeanor.  Even in defeat,  they showed themselves to be a very classy group,  showing great sportsmanship. I loved how they huddled together after the crushing last shot had ended their dream. You didn't have to be in that huddle to know they were both congratulating and consoling each, saying we gave it everything we had and have nothing to hang our heads about. 

Major props to Coach Cronin and UCLA for giving us one of the greatest Final Four games ever. "The Wizard of Westwood" would be proud of the kind of basketball that was on display last night.  Great job, Bruins!!!
Gonzaga locker room celebration after last night's epic win. Love it!!!