Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Dirt Track Racing
Anyone going or watching online?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I raced in the Bristol Dirt Nationals on 2021. Was a really cool experience. But not going back this year. Show was a complete let down. Had so much potential. But got charged for every little thing you did there. I made both prelim features during the week was in good position before breaking in the main show and got $200. Spend way to much money for that. And was dangerous with only the flagman watching a track that big. Nearly got a guy killed because two were hung together on the back straight away and flag man never saw them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-15-2022, 03:01 AM)ROCKSOLID69 Wrote: I raced in the Bristol Dirt Nationals on 2021. Was a really cool experience. But not going back this year. Show was a complete let down. Had so much potential. But got charged for every little thing you did there. I made both prelim features during the week was in good position before breaking in the main show and got $200. Spend way to much money for that. And was dangerous with only  the flagman watching a track that big. Nearly got a guy killed because two were hung together on the back straight away and flag man never saw them

My uncle ran it last year and it was unbelievable experience but it was a crap show. Way too many cars and classes that it took way too long and they rushed a lot of crap.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I went this year and had a great time. Paid $60 a day for pit pass+parking which isn't much more than you would pay at a national touring event (Lucas Oil/WOO). I talked to several of the late model drivers and teams who said that it would likely be their last visit to Bristol. Their biggest complaint was the lack of racing that could be done, track prep over watered the track everyday to try and set track record times (which they did). It is fun to see those guys running 15 second hotlap and qualifying times but it does not lead to good racing. Guys were basically getting in line and playing follow the leader until someone would cut down a RF and take down the wall in turn 1 or 3. Which leads me to the next compliant.. Teams could only use 6 times per night so their hands were tied when it came to a lot of set up stuff. It isn't safe to have cars entering a turn at 140+ mph on a used RF tire, Jenson Ford would agree with this along with about 10 other guys who got introduced a concrete wall.

You know there are issues when you have a car count under 30 for a 50K to win race..

With all of this being said XR isn't going to stop the event in the future because they absolutely made bank from all of the streams purchased over the 2 weeks.
(04-11-2022, 03:26 PM)The Scoop Wrote: I went this year and had a great time.  Paid $60 a day for pit pass+parking which isn't much more than you would pay at a national touring event (Lucas Oil/WOO).  I talked to several of the late model drivers and teams who said that it would likely be their last visit to Bristol.  Their biggest complaint was the lack of racing that could be done, track prep over watered the track everyday to try and set track record times (which they did).  It is fun to see those guys running 15 second hotlap and qualifying times but it does not lead to good racing.  Guys were basically getting in line and playing follow the leader until someone would cut down a RF and take down the wall in turn 1 or 3.  Which leads me to the next compliant..  Teams could only use 6 times per night so their hands were tied when it came to a lot of set up stuff.  It isn't safe to have cars entering a turn at 140+ mph on a used RF tire, Jenson Ford would agree with this along with about 10 other guys who got introduced a concrete wall.

You know there are issues when you have a car count under 30 for a 50K to win race..

With all of this being said XR isn't going to stop the event in the future because they absolutely made bank from all of the streams purchased over the 2 weeks.

We went last year and it was way too crowded so I figure that hurt car counts quite a bit because it was a mad house and folks spend all this money just to get on the track in their cars and then the officials and race control running the thing just treated them as if they were no bodies who didn't matter.  It was terribly ran with way too much crap going on.
#BBFL