Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Thoughts and prediction
Corbin 20-14
Belfry 42-12
The game everyone has been waiting on

In the words of Wyatt Earp in Tombstone
"All right, Corbin... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! "
Belfry 42
Corbin 7
Gonna be a great game I hope! Go Hounds! Think the Hounds need to score 28 to win... That being said, 28-21 Hounds!
Im coming to this one. I just don't know how ill avoid sitting on either side. Confusednicker:

Corbin should be packed next Friday.

Im gonna say running clock. Im not gonna say for who.
Lots of rumors floating around where this one gonna be played! Corbin definitely is not the ideal place for a semifinal game with a crowd this big. I don't see Corbin moving it to a college site, but I could be wrong.
Lol....This one will be played at Campbell Field...
^
It will be at Corbin. No doubt about that.
Belfry 42

Corbin 21
campbellfield Wrote:Lol....This one will be played at Campbell Field...

Judging by your user name you are either too biased or the best fountain of knowledge on the subject LOL
Hey Douugggie, if you want to see what a big crowd at Cambell Field looks like, come on down next week. They may even get the short buses out for this one.
You all can LOL all you want, just addressing info that has been going around for over 2 weeks. Options were Union and Cumberlands. Are you all saying you have not heard at least talk of that?
Why would Corbin take away any home field advantage they might have?
Corbin faithful better get there early because they may not have a place to sit in their own stands if they aren't careful. I know the PCN will be there in full force!
campbellfield Wrote:Why would Corbin take away any home field advantage they might have?

Not saying they would if you read my original post. I'm sure they wouldn't, but this idea has been going around for awhile. Seems like no Corbin people have heard this.
campbellfield Wrote:Why would Corbin take away any home field advantage they might have?
Because bcpc might snap and go PTSD if if it rains this week and Belfry still wins and Haddix won't want that on his conscious
bucslover68 Wrote:You all can LOL all you want, just addressing info that has been going around for over 2 weeks. Options were Union and Cumberlands. Are you all saying you have not heard at least talk of that?

I honestly haven't and I work with several players dads.
Not a peep of it. You could be right, but I don't think it would be a good move for Corbin. Maybe if there was a college in Corbin, but no way does Corbin go to Wburg or Barbourville to play a home game.

Ive seen bigger crowds at Corbin than the one that will be there Friday and its always seemed fine. Its the parking that's the headache.
Union College capacity is 1,600
Cumberland 3,000.....

Not too long ago Union and Cumberland would play in Corbin for the "extra" seating capacity.
With the way Belfry travels, Corbin won't have home field advantage
Back to the game. Pirates 35-14.
A little update for you Belfry fans on your only loss this year....

Knox Cath lost in the 2nd round to Fulton
campbellfield Wrote:Union College capacity is 1,600
Cumberland 3,000.....

Not too long ago Union and Cumberland would play in Corbin for the "extra" seating capacity.

I don't think they realize Cumberland and Union use to play there yearly game at Campbell Field.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A little update for you Belfry fans on your only loss this year....

Knox Cath has now advanced to the semis of the TN 4A playoffs.
They killed Grainger in the first round, then in the second round they were match up with Greeneville. That's crazy. They may be the best two teams in 4A meeting in the 2nd round, but Knox Cath won 16 to 14. Greeneville is really good.

And tonight they defeated Fulton 20 to 6.

They play Marshall Co. next week for a chance to go to state. Don't much about Marshall but they've only lost one game and are killing people.

Actually look again....

You are looking at Knoxville Central

Catholic suffered a monster upset to Fulton last round after killing Fulton in the regular season.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually look again....

You are looking at Knoxville Central

Catholic suffered a monster upset to Fulton last round after killing Fulton in the regular season.

I just came back to correct that.

I cant believe Catholic lost to Fulton

Which also shows how good and deep that 4A class is in TN
Should be a dandy next Friday. My prediction will come later but let's just say the Hounds have had this date circled for 365 days.
:howdy::howdy::howdy: Belfry Fans welcome to Corbin good luck on parking :lmao:

Corbin 42
Belfry 41

Man am I dreaming or what. :Cheerlead
This game will be at Campbell field, no chance of it not being.
A lot of parking around the stadium will probably be reserved like it was for Whitley game and Pigskin.
  • 1(current)
  • Next