Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.
Forum Statistics
 Members: 29,009
 Latest member: FoxMcCoy
 Forum threads: 293,113
 Forum posts: 2,435,093

Full Statistics
Online Users
There are currently 1998 online users.
 20 Member(s) | 1974 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, BoondockSaint, Bull got out!, EKUAlum05, GeraldDaLoved, GotYouInMyScope, Holy Bull, Jack365, KYHoopFan, RTruth, shottaker23, Smokescreen, Stunt up Front 77, The Weatherman, WildCountry

Just a couple things the powers to be at Belfry may want to look at after I checked the records listing on the KHSAA website.

Last season Belfry finished with the second most rushing yards in a season of all time, second only to Bryan Station.

Belfry's backfield on Jones, Howard, and Chidress alone combined for 63 rushing touchdowns...if you add in the TD's by the second stringers last year the Pirates may very well have the third highest single season rushing touchdown mark.

Matt Maynard's kick returns this year is definately record notable.... the state record for most punt returns in a season is 6 so Maynard definately has one of the highest regular season marks for that.

With a win Friday Phillip Haywood will have passed two other coaches this season on the all-time winningest coach chart. Haywood currently has 280 career victories... passing the legendary Garnis Martin of Bardstown and tying him with Wlater Brugh of Paintsville. At the moment he is the fifth winningest coach in state history. Mojo Hollowell of Owensboro Catholic has 285 wins, a mark Haywood will surpass next season.

Some other interesting things I discovered for arguement sake:

The AA Eastern semi-final winner has won 6 of the past 7 state championships, and 9 of the last 11 (exceptions= Bardstown 2001, Caldwell County 1998)

THE B FACTOR

9 of the last 10 2A state champions have started with the letter "B" (Belfry, Breathitt, Bardstown, Boyle County, Bourbon County)

32 State Championship Team started with the letter "B" in total
21 with "H"
18 with "M"

Since the finals have been moved to Papa John's half of the state champions have started with the letter "B" (4 of 8), and every single year in A, AA, and AAA a team that started with "B" has played in the state title game there.

For note: teams with the letter "B" remaining:
A- Bardstown (12-0)
AA- Belfry (10-2)
AAA- Bowling Green (12-0), Bullitt East (12-0), Boyle County (11-1), Bell County (10-2)
AAAA- Boone County (8-4)

Anthony Hampton was the interum head coach this season...who will be the head man next season?

I personally think they should try to go away from this area, and bring in someone from down, or out of state...someone that politics mean nothing to...because from what I can understans SV is one of the most political places in KY...not that there aren't some great coaches here, and in there community, but IMO it would be in SV's best interses to pick someone who can turn SV into a football power aswell as a basketball one! :rock:

Hazard is losing a very good qb this year Durell Olinger. Who do you fell will be ready to take his spot. Right now the people are Tyler Olinger(little brother- does the skill at qb run in the family), Josh Kidd, or Tj Searcy(yes the one from pcc he transferred and has been a big help already to the bulldogs and he will be ready to kick pcc's @$$ next year).
Of course there may be a transfer we never know. But what do you think.

I go to Hazard High School and i think it will be Tyler Olinger.:wieghts: He just need to hit those weights this off sesaon, him and the other 2 candidates and we'll see next season who will be qb.

For those that may be curious:

UPDATED BELFRY RUNNING BACK STATS PER NEWS-EXPRESS

12 games played

Season
FB May (Soph)- 135 carries, 998 yds, 7.4 yds per carry, 14 TD
HB Chapman (Jr)- 79 carries, 1105 yards, 14 yds. per carry, 12 TD
HB Maynard (Sr)- 96 carries, 959 yards, 10 yards per carry, 31 TD (19 Rush TD, 2 Rec. TD, 8 KR TD, 2 Def TD), 8 INT.

May is 2 yards away from 1,000 and Maynard is 41 yards away....

Who deserves all state in the ashland football program??????

Here it is....

Oc And Fort Campbell Predictions

Oc 21 Fort Campbell 14

who is going to this game
maybe we can meet up before the game or somethin

I just wanted to say for all the ashland fans to the tomcats and other teams. Thank you for a good season and to the tomcats I loved watching you more then last year. sad to see it end so soon but the best have to end sooner or later good 05 season. :rock:

Last night....

This is huge, any thoughts?:omg:

•  Previous
  • 3559(current)
  • Next