Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #11 Kentucky 86 - Penn 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK trails 95% of the first half, mostly due to great 3-point shooting by Penn and lazy perimeter defense by the Cats. Cal woke the guys up late in the first half and Kentucky never looked back as Knight, Lamb, and Harrellson had great games once again.

[Image: ukpennstats.jpg]
Brandon Knight is a stud. How about Harrellson putting up solid stats again? I also like what Miller did tonight. Cal needs to light a fire under Terrence Jones soon and I believe he will.

I still can't believe UK is having the success that they are with only playing a six-man rotation. You can't help but think that this will hurt them come March.
Great game by the Cats. Showed that they can come from behind. I agree that Jones isn't playing at the leve that he should. I don't see the same killer instinct that he had the first two weeks of the season. If we can get him back to normal with Harrelson playing this well, and get Miller to score more, this team can make a run at the Final Four.
That seventh player better hurry up and get going, lol. UNC proved that if the Cats get in foul trouble, it is hard for them to win.
LWC Wrote:That seventh player better hurry up and get going, lol. UNC proved that if the Cats get in foul trouble, it is hard for them to win.

We had 3 players foul out. We needed 8 Smile
UK was extremely impressive in the 2nd half. Their help defense was phenomenal. What I have seen from Liggins over the past month on the defenisive side has been nothing short of spectacular.

Harrelson is a dark-horse MVP. MVP, not the best player on the team, but IMO the Most Valuable Player! Without Kanter and no back-up, Josh has been playing simply marvelous. The Cats have done an incredible job in finding him for easy buckets when the defense goes to help. He has rebounded extremely well, but more important to me, he is making an excellent kick-out pass to start the Cats running offense.
Miller was very impressive.
Stardust Wrote:UK was extremely impressive in the 2nd half. Their help defense was phenomenal. What I have seen from Liggins over the past month on the defenisive side has been nothing short of spectacular.

Harrelson is a dark-horse MVP. MVP, not the best player on the team, but IMO the Most Valuable Player! Without Kanter and no back-up, Josh has been playing simply marvelous. The Cats have done an incredible job in finding him for easy buckets when the defense goes to help. He has rebounded extremely well, but more important to me, he is making an excellent kick-out pass to start the Cats running offense.

I agree with all of this.

Harrellson is not even close to being the most talented player on this team....
but he plays within his game and doesn't make mental mistakes.
His rebounding and ability to get the ball over the defense is IMO why Cal keeps him on the floor.
The offense that comes his way is simply a plus.

Also...
the better he does on offense the more respect he gets in opposing coaches defensive schemes.
If he keeps scoring in double-figures it will eventually lead to TJ getting a lot more 1-on-1 opportunities.
I'll say this ...
Harrellson has been playing very well.
He does make some minor mistakes/dumb moves but he makes up for them by crashing the boards and putting in the easy 2.
I'm really surprised noone has mentioned Miller besides me..

11 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assist, 2 steals, 2 blocks.
Honestly, I can't remember the last time Harrellson has made a mental/dumb mistake. I know it was before the Loserville game because his past two games have been nearly flawless. And I say good for him. He has worked very hard to get where he is today.
I think the reason nobody is talking about Miller is because they EXPECT those type of games from him. Every game he plays he always has a mismatch to exploit. They expected him to be really good, if not great.

When you walk outside turn the key, you expect the car to start and drive. When it doesn't you get mad, when it does, it has done it's job and nothing is said about it.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Honestly, I can't remember the last time Harrellson has made a mental/dumb mistake. I know it was before the Loserville game because his past two games have been nearly flawless. And I say good for him. He has worked very hard to get where he is today.

I know in a lot of games it seems like he will get a board, or someone will give him a good pass on the block and the ball just seems to roll right out of his hands and out of bounds. I've seen it happen quite a few times in the games they've played this year. Not saying Harrellson is bad or anything at all cause I am very happy to see him play the way he has been, but he does make baby mistakes like that.

LWC Wrote:I think the reason nobody is talking about Miller is because they EXPECT those type of games from him. Every game he plays he always has a mismatch to exploit. They expected him to be really good, if not great.

When you walk outside turn the key, you expect the car to start and drive. When it doesn't you get mad, when it does, it has done it's job and nothing is said about it.

Eh, good comparison.. Makes sense.