Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: TCU 21 Wisconsin 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TCU proves all the naysayers wrong! They can play with anybody and they proved it by beating the hottest team in the nation. I believe I was one of the few people on here that foresaw this Big Grin
What did they prove? They beat an overrated Big Ten team. TCU has had the luxury of being able to go all season and not play any real tough teams. No real physical teams. That helps them when they get to a bowl. I will say they were the better team. TCU will only get my respect when they start playing tougher competition and not saving their best for when they get in a bowl game. Once they get to the Big East, as crappy as it is, they will have to start playing better comp. If they go through that and beat a good non conf. and are still undefeated they will have my respect.
Amun-Ra Wrote:What did they prove? They beat an overrated Big Ten team. TCU has had the luxury of being able to go all season and not play any real tough teams. No real physical teams. That helps them when they get to a bowl. I will say they were the better team. TCU will only get my respect when they start playing tougher competition and not saving their best for when they get in a bowl game. Once they get to the Big East, as crappy as it is, they will have to start playing better comp. If they go through that and beat a good non conf. and are still undefeated they will have my respect.

Aw cmon, give TCU some credit. Everybody said they didn't have a chance in this one, yet they led the entire game and won. Wisconsin had a month or so off, I'm sure they were fresh for this game! I'm not a TCU fan by any means but they can play with anybody. Them holding Wisconsin to only 19 points is quite an accomplishment.
Wisc. laid an egg. I never thought they was that good this year anyways. The Big 10 is not that great this year. Neither is the SEC as compared to the past several years. But look. The B10 is 0-5 as of today. TCU played a great game, yes. Could they repeat that every week against the type of competition that Wisc or Florida or Texas has to play? I doubt it.

But way to go TCU I am glad they won. But I dont want to hear about how they could play against anybody.
Agree to disagree :Thumbs:
The Big Ten is a joke, but to say that Wisconsin wasn't a physical team is, well, laughable. I don't care what conference you play in, if you put up the rushing numbers they did without a finesse back, you have to be pretty physical.
I will give it up to TCU, they were certainly better than I expected. Wisconsin is a very good football team, and TCU was much more athletic.
LClion4life Wrote:The Big Ten is a joke, but to say that Wisconsin wasn't a physical team is, well, laughable. I don't care what conference you play in, if you put up the rushing numbers they did without a finesse back, you have to be pretty physical.
That's not what I said at all. I was sayin that TCU plays nobody during the year that is physical. None that are on par with teams form major confs.
Amun-Ra Wrote:That's not what I said at all. I was sayin that TCU plays nobody during the year that is physical. None that are on par with teams form major confs.

So you would think Wisconsin would be better prepared for this game playing a tougher schedule.
TCU is the eighth team in the BCS Era that a team to finish the season undefeated and not win a national championship.

With TCU's victory Non-AQ schools are now 4-1 all-time in BCS Bowl games when facing AQ schools.

ESPN Stats & Information

NCAA, can we get a playoff system please!
To be honest, i think its a joke that either one of these teams are playing in a bcs game. Bama obviously would have killed either one of these teams and im pretty sure Miss St. could as well and neither got to play in a bcs game.
What is the big 10 bowl game record now? After the way the SEC dominated them today and Wisconsin's and NW's loss i dont know that theyve won one besides the Iowa game.
Aslan Wrote:So you would think Wisconsin would be better prepared for this game playing a tougher schedule.
NO. Wisconsin looked sluggish all game. They looked tired. TCU came out and was more ready and better executed their game plan. They looked fresher and more athletic. TCU was the better team today. But there are too many question marks for me to say that they are legit.

You guys can keep coming up with things for me to argue with but I will not change my opinion on TCU or Boise or Utah. Fact is they can look good year in and year out when they go undefeated in that awful conf they were in and maybe beat one AQ team.

TCU has played NO ONE all year. Thats the reason they are even in this game. I dont think they could have went all year with one loss in the B10 like Wisconsin did. I dont think they can go week in and week out playing against teams that are that physical in the B10/B12/SEC/P10 and come out with one loss. But on one Saturday out of the year, yes anything can happen. But that is more flukish than legit.
Usually in flukes or when a team gets lucky, they use trick plays, like Boise St did a few years ago. TCU just played there game and got the W. Just because there in a bad conference don't mean there a bad team.
When Cal was at Memphis they played in a bad conference, but they had several great teams while he was there.
Aslan Wrote:With TCU's victory Non-AQ schools are now 4-1 all-time in BCS Bowl games when facing AQ schools.

ESPN Stats & Information

NCAA, can we get a playoff system please!
Let's take a look at that.

Utah beat Pitt in 2005 Fiesta Bowl. Destroyed them actually, but how good was that Pitt team? Should they even had been in the Fiesta Bowl with an 8-3 record after losing to UConn and Syracuse? Same Pitt team that barley beat Temple? Big win for non-AQ there.

Utah makes another appearance two years ago beating Bama. Bama was a good team. Runner up in the SEC. I watched that game and I can tell you Bama should have forfeited because once Florida beat them in the SEC championship their season was over. They had quit. They didnt want to play Utah. They had been playing for a Natioanl Tiitle not for a Sugar Bowl win. Fact is Bama didnt even come to play in that game. Great win for Utah, blemish for SEC.

Boise St beats Oklahoma and the love fest for Boise begins. But really though both teams played to every bit of their ability and Boise won it on trick plays that Sooner players hadn't seen since Pop Warner. One of the best games I have ever saw. Legit win for Boise. Way to go non-AQ.

TCU beats Wisconsin in Rose Bowl. Good win for TCU. From the start they looked better than Wisconsin. I guess it is a good win.

Non-AQ only loss to AQ is Hawii who was undefeated at time of bowl to Georgia. Wait, I mean they got demolished by Georgia in that game.

There is those 4 wins and 1 loss. Two legit wins, one against a team that didn't even show up(Bama) and one against a team that shouldnt have been there(Pitt).

I hate the whole BCS crap. I would like to see a playoff. But these 4 wins aren't enough to convince anyone to change anything. I know it sucks but thats how the people in charge look at it.
Three legit wins, the Pitt win I'll agree with ya on, it meant nothing. But the Bama win is legit. IMO Nick Saban is the best coach in the game and basically that same team went on to win the title the next year. Any win ya get against Bama is a great win. The thing is though, Utah dominated that game, it wasn't even close.
Aslan Wrote:Usually in flukes or when a team gets lucky, they use trick plays, like Boise St did a few years ago. TCU just played there game and got the W. Just because there in a bad conference don't mean there a bad team.
When Cal was at Memphis they played in a bad conference, but they had several great teams while he was there.
We are talking football. Basketball is different. Also there is a tourney at the end of the year.
Aslan Wrote:Three legit wins, the Pitt win I'll agree with ya on, it meant nothing. But the Bama win is legit. IMO Nick Saban is the best coach in the game and basically that same team went on to win the title the next year. Any win ya get against Bama is a great win. The thing is though, Utah dominated that game, it wasn't even close.
I watched the game and it was NOT the same team that played Florida in the SEC Champ. They did not care at all. Saban might be a great coach but even he looked mad to even be playing Utah. It was only "legit" because it was Bama and they had one loss at that point. That Bama team did not play. They didnt care. They didnt want to be there. Therefor they got beat and it made Utah look like they had a legitimate right to the National Title. Which they didnt. If Bama would have played that way throughout the year they would have barely been bowl eligible.
I agree with ya, Bama played uninspired football, but any win over them is a great win. If UK could beat them I'd take it anyway we could get it lol
Aslan Wrote:I agree with ya, Bama played uninspired football, but any win over them is a great win. If UK could beat them I'd take it anyway we could get it lol
As a UK fan, any win is a great win.
Amun-Ra Wrote:We are talking football. Basketball is different. Also there is a tourney at the end of the year.

You are right and the intelligence quotient of the people running March Madness far exceeds their football counterparts. If they are not going to have a playoff system, lets just have the SEC championship as the national championship game. I will admit that Oregon is the real deal but I get sick and tired of hearing people talk about the Big Least and the Terrible Ten conference. I know they are in the northern area and their fans feel like they are superior and look down on their southern counterparts but when compared to the SEC, they basically SUCK.
Amun-Ra Wrote:What did they prove? They beat an overrated Big Ten team. TCU has had the luxury of being able to go all season and not play any real tough teams. No real physical teams. That helps them when they get to a bowl. I will say they were the better team. TCU will only get my respect when they start playing tougher competition and not saving their best for when they get in a bowl game. Once they get to the Big East, as crappy as it is, they will have to start playing better comp. If they go through that and beat a good non conf. and are still undefeated they will have my respect.

Man you just sound uneducated. TCU is a great team. That's fact, not opinion. They've proved time and time again that they have a great program and tradition, with the latter being unlike the other big 2 non-AQ schools.

And I'm glad you know so much about TCU's now former conference and the physicality of it's teams. You don't have to be a good team to be physical. You might be able to use that as an argument with Boise, but not this team.

Wisconsin laid an egg huh? If you think that their 20 first downs compared to TCU's 18, their 226 rushing yards compared to the rushing spread offense of TCU's 82, their 2 backs having 132 and 76 rushing yards with 1 TD each, their play-action QB's solid 152 passing yards with 0 TD and 0 INT's, and their time of possession being 10 minutes more with 36:35 compared to TCU's 23:25 is laying an egg, which in reality isn't even close, then yes, they laid an egg.

Wisconsin overrated? Give me a break. They proved this year that they are the best team in the 2nd best conference in America. With all of the good teams that the Big-10's teams have beaten this year, you can't say that it's a bad conference just because they go 0-5 in the postseason.

That's more of a fluke than TCU beating Wisconsin. There's no doubt about it.

You can go and bash Boise and Utah all you want and call them soft and talk about their being overrated and having a soft schedule all you want. They have proven that they are those things. TCU has not. TCU has severely beaten every opponent they've played and have had to do that with the massive amount of pressure on them knowing that if they mess up in one game, their BCS chances will go straight out the window and they'll end up at 11-1 and playing in the Bob Even's bowl in Wyoming. That's more pressure than going through a season in the Big-10 and knowing that it's likely that you will make a BCS bowl even if you go 11-1 or 10-2.
I'm a huge Andy Dalton fan just from his post-game interview. Seems like a great guy.
^^^ I said the exact same thing bro..
I was really impressed with TCU. I love their style. They were a lot more physical than I thought they would be.
The Tank was a beast on the field.
Go Horned Froggs, TCU is proving why there should be a playoff.

You mean to tell me that a no. 16 Alabama from the SEC is equal to a no.9 Michigan State from the BIG Ten.....lmfao nope.

TCU and Boise would almost beat every team not from the SEC in a playoff system.

I would take TCU and Boise State over...

Wisconsin
Ohio State
UCONN
Michigan State
OK state
Oklahoma
WVU
Va Tech
Stanford
Nebraska
Washington
Etc.
Aslan Wrote:TCU proves all the naysayers wrong! They can play with anybody and they proved it by beating the hottest team in the nation. I believe I was one of the few people on here that foresaw this Big Grin

ME TOO! TongueirateSho

I got to say that Tank Carder was a man among boys on defense.
TCU proved they belong in a BCS bowl game by beating one of the best teams in the nation. I mean, look at Wisconsin's schedule. They beat some good teams. (Ohio State, @ Iowa State, and @ Michigan). And they beat alot of em by big margins.
i was one of those naysayers but i admit they did prove me wrong.
congratulations TCU on a great year of football.