Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (12) Kentucky 78 - (20) Louisville 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I stand corrected, the Cats are definitely 15+ points better than the Cards
Josh Harrellson was a beast pure and simple.
The cats really impressed me today for the most part.
For the first time in his career i was actually impressed by Harrellson.
He was actually a difference maker in this one.
I thought for sure Lville would take it to us with the way there playing but i was wrong and im glad i was.
Yum Yum. Love extra crispy cardinals.
Will we see ole Ville in here?
Harrelson was a beast!!! 23 points 14 rebounds. Cats looked really good today. I have never watched a rivalry game with such a quiet crowd, even when it was still close.
The Cards are in for a long conference schedule. If they finish the conference portion of the schedule .500, Pitino should get COY in the Big East. They did not look good at all.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The cats really impressed me today for the most part.
For the first time in his career i was actually impressed by Harrellson.
He was actually a difference maker in this one.
I thought for sure Lville would take it to us with the way there playing but i was wrong and im glad i was.

UofL got fat playing a bunch of cupcakes. UK was their first significant opponent this year.
Stardust Wrote:I stand corrected, the Cats are definitely 15+ points better than the Cards
I have thought UK was at least a 10-12 point better team than UL. I think that with even more conviction now.
Great game by the Cats. Jones was double teamed almost every time he touched it, and thus Harrelson stepped up in a huge way. That's a sign of a good team. Very good defense by the Cats all day as well.
The Cardinal defense showed absolutely no respect to JH.....
and boy did he make them pay.
When he hit that 3 you could just feel their hearts sink lol
Harrelson had great numbers. I really like him but those numbers were a byproduct of Jones being double and sometimes triple teamed.

Knight was awsome. Liggins defense and floor game was great. The UK gaurds really outplayed the Louisville gaurds.

Two things that concerned me. 1) I thought Louisville outhustled UK for most of the game. 2) Lamb can be a great scorer but tends to disappear in phyisical and frenetic games.
Jarons Wrote:Harrelson was a beast!!! 23 points 14 rebounds. Cats looked really good today. I have never watched a rivalry game with such a quiet crowd, even when it was still close.
The Cards are in for a long conference schedule. If they finish the conference portion of the schedule .500, Pitino should get COY in the Big East. They did not look good at all.

:Thumbs:
On an earlier thread another moderator told me that me saying that was getting old. I was also called a UK hater for saying that by another member.
FBALL Wrote:Harrelson had great numbers. I really like him but those numbers were a byproduct of Jones being double and sometimes triple teamed.

Knight was awsome. Liggins defense and floor game was great. The UK gaurds really outplayed the Louisville gaurds.

Two things that concerned me. 1) I thought Louisville outhustled UK for most of the game. 2) Lamb can be a great scorer but tends to disappear in phyisical and frenetic games.

:Thumbs:
Westside Wrote::Thumbs:
On an earlier thread another moderator told me that me saying that was getting old. I was also called a UK hater for saying that by another member.

I have thought all season that Harrelson has been helping the Cats more than hurting the Cats. Coming into the game he was averaging 8.9 rebounds a game, today was his third double-double. He doesn't score a lot because I believe that he is not asked to score a lot. He is a role player and he plays his role very well and he seems to be one of the leaders on the team.
Stardust Wrote:I stand corrected, the Cats are definitely 15+ points better than the Cards

I think this is were I say I told you so?:biggrin:
C-a-t-s cats cats cats!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Josh Harrellson was a beast pure and simple.

This.
FBALL Wrote:Harrelson had great numbers. I really like him but those numbers were a byproduct of Jones being double and sometimes triple teamed.

I can agree with that halfway.
His rebounding numbers had very little to do with Jones being shadowed.
He may have picked up an offensive rebound or two because of it, but he had to fight for all of them.
Make sure to check out the recap if you haven't already Wink

http://www.examiner.com/eastern-kentucky...ille-recap

shameless plug
anyone know where i can watch the game online on a recording? my peice of crap alabama cable accidentally put food network on cbs during this game.....so im pretty ticked off. you know for dang sure if it was a auburn or alabama game all H3LL would've broke lose. I hate not being in big blue country
Outplayed outcoached and Uk just the better team.
zaga_fan Wrote:I can agree with that halfway.
His rebounding numbers had very little to do with Jones being shadowed.
He may have picked up an offensive rebound or two because of it, but he had to fight for all of them.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Harellson. As I said, I like him. I think he does alot of good things. Not just in this game either.
Bahahahahahhahahahaha! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!! WOOHOO!

Eat it theVILLE...how's it taste? Good, no?
king360 Wrote:Will we see ole Ville in here?

lol man, I freakin' love your sig.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think this is were I say I told you so?:biggrin:

Stardust = "Open Mouth, Insert Foot" :igiveup:

:worthy:

Gawd BCA, I hate it when you are right!:biggrin:
Good game by the Cats. Jones struggles to get his points but still contributes like a veteran. Harrellson does WORK! If he can play like that when he is needed then UK will do great things this year. Knight despite a few turnovers had a great game. Liggins might not have scored like usual but he was a game changer with his defense.

BYW Your Boy Eloy is flat out the worst UK player to ever see time on the court. Used to be Sharey Thomas but now Vargas owns that distinction.
^ Eloy and Stevenson are the same person!
Stardust Wrote:^ Eloy and Stevenson are the same person!
Perry Stevenson would eat Vargas alive. He is the weakest player that I have ever saw. To be that big you would like to think he would be a physical type but he is anything but. He does absolutely nothing right.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Perry Stevenson would eat Vargas alive. He is the weakest player that I have ever saw. To be that big you would like to think he would be a physical type but he is anything but. He does absolutely nothing right.

Stevenson could not eat three fire ants without it being 2-times his body weight. We certainly missed on evaluating Vargas's talent. I think we ready "JUCO POY, let's sign him!".
I will agree with Stevenson being about a 110 pounds but he could at least block a shot and dunk ball. **** he even went off the dribble once or twice.
Pages: 1 2