Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Duke player sued by a Kentucky Bank !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size=3]:lol: "Cat Killer" Laettner Sued By Lexington-Based Company

The man who broke the hearts of UK basketball fans with perhaps the most famous last-second shot in college basketball history is being sued by a Lexington-based business.
Last November, Christian Laettner borrowed $375,000 from The Branch Banking and Trust Company, or BB&T. Laettner signed a promissory note agreeing to make nine monthly payments, but he has failed to make the first, a January payment in the amount of about $41,000, causing the currently un-signed NBA player to default.

LEX 18 contacted Laettner's agent, who referred the matter to an outside public relations firm. We also called Laettner's home in Florida but no one answered the phone.

BB&T would not comment on the suit, saying in part that they will not comment on their private financial issues with clients. The complaint, filed in the civil division of Fayette Circuit court alleges Laettner's now responsible for the entire amount, plus late fees and interest, bringing his total owed to $378,359.

Laettner will have 20 days after receiving the civil complaint to file an answer.

Laettner, of course, hit the winning shot at the buzzer in what's considered one of the best games in college hoops history, the 1992 Duke-UK NCAA tournament game that sent Duke to the Final Four. It's a game that still makes some UK fans cringe when they see highlights from it - especially Laettner's turn-around jumper to win it after a court-length pass from teammate Grant Hill.

HEY Laettner........STOMP ON THAT !!!!! :BigLaugh:

[/size]
That is absolutly hilarious.
Yeah it is.....I thought the blessed saint Coach K, taught his duke players morals and values.....

ha !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lmao Omg I Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha
bobby hurley threw the pass i thought
I Love it
This is hilarious. I hate that for you Laettnar break our heart again lol
It was Grant Hill
How does a man who spent how many years in the NBA, 10-12, not have any money. Why was he even taking a loan out, that's pathetic. I hope they bust his floater, take everything he's got.
It just goes to show you that stomping on someones chest 12 years ago is coming back to bit him in the butt....

What goes around, comes around !
Couldn't happen to a bigger JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol he deserves it
all i gotta say is, "what goes around comes around" lol
This is really funny.
lol thats funny
well i guess this is what happens if u beat KY in a game like that well now i know if i ever play college basketball which is never happening and i play UK i am not taking the last shot
halarious!
"ACE" Wrote:This is hilarious. I hate that for you Laettnar break our heart again lol
LOL..........Don;t mess with the big bad wildcat LOL...........
"bballjunky" Wrote:all i gotta say is, "what goes around comes around" lol
lol great point