Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Duke deserve to be #1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's see if anyone seriously votes no......
why wouldnt they be number 1? I dont think anyone in the nation can beat them right now, and the number 2 team would get killed by duke.
Without question! They are the best team in the country right now.
Very hard to go against them now. They are undefeated, they have beaten teams when they haven't played their best game . . . . . .

Etc, etc, etc.
yea they probably would be Florida but i dont think that they would kill them
Yes, they do
I underestimated Dukes talent at the beginning of the year. They have great talent, great coach, and a great fan support. Other than the terrible showing vs VT I don't think any team has even come within 20 points of them.

Hands down the number 1 team right now!
They had their hands full with NC State last night at Cameron.....North Carolina, NC State, or Virginia will knock them off...possibly even Florida State
"BelfryPride" Wrote:They had their hands full with NC State last night at Cameron.....North Carolina, NC State, or Virginia will knock them off...possibly even Florida State

But they still won, and NC State is ranked 14th and they won and that's all that matters..So thats still a great win...They are undefeated, and have the #1 RPI in the country and no team is better than Duke right now...

No other team deserves to be #1 and I'd love to hear who you think 'deserves' the number 1 spot...
UCONN would run Duke out of the gym.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:UCONN would run Duke out of the gym.

You didn't answer my question, and the question to the thread was "Does Duke deserve to be #1?"

So you think Duke doesn't deserve to be #1 becuase YOU think that UCONN would beat them...despite the fact that Duke hasnt lost and has the #1 RPI you still don't think they DESERVE to be #1?

Who do you think should be the #1 team in the country right now?
There is no reason why Duke shouldn't be #1... I have been watching Duke play for a long time and this years team is really different... its like they should blow everyone out but they don't, they let them stay in the game then shut the door late in the game... as a fan it's not fun but hey, if they are winning take them any way you can
Dukes rpi is number 1? i figured Gonzaga was.
Easily until they lose they are number one.
I knew there would be at least one or a couple hardcore Anti Duke people be Wildcat-blinded into saying no.

Right now, there is no logical argument to say no.
"alfus21" Wrote:You didn't answer my question, and the question to the thread was "Does Duke deserve to be #1?"

So you think Duke doesn't deserve to be #1 becuase YOU think that UCONN would beat them...despite the fact that Duke hasnt lost and has the #1 RPI you still don't think they DESERVE to be #1?

Who do you think should be the #1 team in the country right now?

UCONN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THERE'S YOUR ANSWER !:big grin:
"98NCCalum" Wrote:I knew there would be at least one or a couple hardcore Anti Duke people be Wildcat-blinded into saying no.

Right now, there is no logical argument to say no.

WELL, I'LL BE "WILDCAT BLINDED" IF I WANT TO BE....

LAST TIME I CHECKED I WAS AN AMERICAN, AND I HAD THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE AS I PLEASE .....Rolleyes

I WILL NEVER JUMP ON THE DUKE BANDWAGON JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE THINKS I HAVE TO
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Let's see if anyone seriously votes no......

AND I WOULD VOTE NO 100 MORE TIMES IF I COULD....
Nobody is asking you to jump on the Duke bandwagon...It was just a simple question that is very easy to answer...An undefeated team with the #1 RPI and wins over Memphis, Indiana, Texas, Wake Forest, Maryland, and NC State (all ranked) is a no brainer...

UCONN has a lot of talent, but they've lost a game which may I remind you was a blowout loss to Marquette....

Nobody wants you to jump on the Duke bandwagon but saying "no" to this question just shows clean hatred and bias towards Duke which is pretty silly when answering a question that is so easy to answer...

But you have your opinion and everybody else has theirs...I guess all those Coaches that vote on the polls and all the Press that votes on the polls just disagree 100% with you as well seeing as how UCONN doesn't receive any 1st place votes...

Really makes a lot of sense, and you've backed up your argrument very well....
Yea. There isn't a better team in the country
"Super_de" Wrote:why wouldnt they be number 1? I dont think anyone in the nation can beat them right now, and the number 2 team would get killed by duke.

:no:

DUKE should be # 1. They are a very good team and will cause a lot of problems for many teams. This isn’t by far the best DUKE team ever. I think that a few teams in the top ten would give them a run for their money. A weak VT team just about took them out, but lost on a 40 foot shot.
[QUOTE="alfus21"] saying "no" to this question just shows clean hatred and bias towards Duke QUOTE]

Yes, I do hate Duke and I have a bias against them....

Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has them :moon:
Duke is ranked #1 as they should be
I think so, they are one of the only undeafetd teams.
As of right now they are 17-1 considering their loss today to Georgetown with the final score being 87-84. But, because they have one loss still doesn't mean that they aren't number 1. Today 4 top 25 teams were upset by unranked opponents three of which were unbeaten and the other being Wisconsin who was 14-2. Had Florida won today then they would have been #1 because they would have been the only remaining unbeaten team. Untill a top 5 or 10 team beats Duke then they are still #1 because no one else deserves that honor. Duke has too many quality wins to let one fault overshadow all of those wins.
"supa_carrot" Wrote:As of right now they are 17-1 considering their loss today to Georgetown with the final score being 87-84. But, because they have one loss still doesn't mean that they aren't number 1. Today 4 top 25 teams were upset by unranked opponents three of which were unbeaten and the other being Wisconsin who was 14-2. Had Florida won today then they would have been #1 because they would have been the only remaining unbeaten team. Untill a top 5 or 10 team beats Duke then they are still #1 because no one else deserves that honor. Duke has too many quality wins to let one fault overshadow all of those wins.

I hate to tell you but I feel as if U CONN will have something to say about that as they get the #1 spot!

:fight: