Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (14) Kentucky @ (25) Louisville 12/31 UPDATES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
UK 8-2, will travel into the KFC Yum Center after there warm-up with Coppin State to take on former Cats legendary coach, and the man who brought UK Basketball back from the depths of the abyss, Rick Pitino.

The surprising Cards 9-1, will host Morgan State as a tune-up prior to the biggest game in the State.

I look forward to another rematch between 10th Region High School rivals, Mason County's Darius Miller and Clark County's Preston Knowles.

There will be more flair to the game for those fans from Shelby Valley, as their hero from last season state championship, Elisha Justice is hopefully healthy enough to log minutes on this nationally televised game.

It's a rivalry game, where anything can, and usually does happen.
It will be close because it's a rivalry game. Cats will win by 6.
I think this game will be similar to Indiana, single digits until UK pulls away for a 12 point win.
Kentucky by 5.
I've been waiting for this game since the last one. I can't wait. I just wish I was down in Loserville to keep those silly fans in check. This game usually defines my year, if we win I have a horrible year like this one, if we lose I have a great year. Let's go Cats.

UK 71
UofL 66
Cards by 8.
I do expect the Cards to be physical with UK, much like they were last year. They know we aren't a very deep team and getting our guys in foul trouble could be very costly like it was in the UNC game. I hope we can come out and just beat them by 100+, but I'll go with my head and say we win by 5.

GO CATS!!!
Well, this game will be close because it is a rivalry game... I say the cards win 71-66...
Bad as I hate to say it but I think the Cats get upset. I am going to predict Louisville by 2.(68-66)
Should be a great game! I'll take the Cats by 4
GO BIG BLUE. Cats by 8.
This game will come down to the point guard play... The cards has got the better guards.. Cards by 12. Go Elisha.
Let's go CATS!
UK by 13
Cats by 5....
Any lingering affects on Knights knee?
vundy33 Wrote:I've been waiting for this game since the last one. I can't wait. I just wish I was down in Loserville to keep those silly fans in check. This game usually defines my year, if we win I have a horrible year like this one, if we lose I have a great year. Let's go Cats.

UK 71
UofL 66

LOL!!! So you would rather the Cats win and you have a horrible year as the Cats lose and you have a great year????? That's what I call a fan.
I think the Cards will take it by 10+.
Westside Wrote:I think the Cards will take it by 10+.

Westie is just a UK Hater! :biggrin:

(JK, I know better)
Go Cards ,Louisville by 12.
Kentucky - 69

Louisville - 62
UK - 75
UofL - 63

Cats put a spanking on the Cards and they get the Justice they deserve.
Stardust Wrote:There will be more flair to the game for those fans from Shelby Valley, as their hero from last season state championship, Elisha Justice is hopefully healthy enough to log minutes on this nationally televised game.

Pitino has said that Elisha will be available for the game but that he doesn't expect to play him. Elisha hasn't practiced in a week...
^ Glad that he is healthy. He still has a few more days to get healthy enough to find himself on the floor Friday.
I have an awful feeling about this game, but I will still take the CATS by 4.

UL is SOOOOO deep and Rick's teams like to run. UK is not deep and T.Jones is sick. Hopefully he gets to feeling better by gameday.
LWC Wrote:I have an awful feeling about this game, but I will still take the CATS by 4.

UL is SOOOOO deep and Rick's teams like to run. UK is not deep and T.Jones is sick. Hopefully he gets to feeling better by gameday.

great observation and I think this is the key to the game. Jones is our only athletic big man and I fear that even if he does not get in foul trouble, the Cards will still have enough bodies to throw at him all game to wear him down.
Louisville plays a lot of players, but they haven't seen a team with this much talent & athleticism. I think this game could go like the Indiana game went, but the down fall for UL is that they play a zone defense and we love to shoot 3s and we're cash from outside the arc this season, so that could really hurt the Cards. Plus we can run also, so if UL wants to run, I'm sure Calipari will like his chances.

If UK gets into foul trouble and is forced to play some guys that aren't in the rotation then this could be a close game like I said in my first post, but if we can come out hot early and we can pin the Cards into a corner, we blow them out by 15+.

I'll still stick with my first prediction and take us by 5 though.
UL is playing very good basketball and with the emotions that go into this rivalry it will be a close one IMO
I'd say UK edges this one out by a bucket or two.
zaga_fan Wrote:UL is playing very good basketball and with the emotions that go into this rivalry it will be a close one IMO
I'd say UK edges this one out by a bucket or two.

This game can go either way. If loserville wins I may get sick.
Benchwarmer Wrote:This game can go either way. If loserville wins I may get sick.

What is your address, I'd like to get the Pepto in the mail to make sure it reaches you in time...:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3