Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (13) Kentucky 89 - Winthrop 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Final
Get off Doron Lamb
I thought we might come out flat today, but they came out hot and really put it on Winthrop with the hot 3-point shooting from Lamb.

Lamb also broke the UK freshman scoring record with 32 points.
What a game for Lamb.
Some how Knight still finished the game as "Player of the game"..
Replay is coming on at 4:00
Stardust Wrote:Replay is coming on at 4:00

What channel?
Knight and Lamb scored a combined 53. Those two together outscored Winthrope.
UK played very well today. Defense was awesome.
Lamb was the man this evening!
Most complete game UK has played all year. They moved the ball around like a NBA team, and always made the extra pass. I love how unselfish this team is. Lamb was getting to the open spots and Knight was finding him. Vargas played well today too. Played hard and got some boards and finishes. A game like this is great for his confidence, he has ability. Hopefully he'll take that vacant starting spot we have at center.
Aslan Wrote:Most complete game UK has played all year. They moved the ball around like a NBA team, and always made the extra pass. I love how unselfish this team is. Lamb was getting to the open spots and Knight was finding him. Vargas played well today too. Played hard and got some boards and finishes. A game like this is great for his confidence, he has ability. Hopefully he'll take that vacant starting spot we have at center.
Man get off Harrellson's back a little. It was never intended for him to be a starter for us. It just turned out that way. I think he has done a good job so far. I mean no one really expects him to come out and play like Cousins do they? If they do then they are idiots. Yes at times he does stupid things but at least he is putting in the effort. As far as Vargas goes, he only has up to go. He can't get any worse.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Man get off Harrellson's back a little. It was never intended for him to be a starter for us. It just turned out that way. I think he has done a good job so far. I mean no one really expects him to come out and play like Cousins do they? If they do then they are idiots. Yes at times he does stupid things but at least he is putting in the effort. As far as Vargas goes, he only has up to go. He can't get any worse.

I just get tired of people praising him when he has a decent game against a bad team yet ignore all the things he does that hurt this team against quality competition.
I'm a hater, can't help it lol.
Jarons Wrote:Final

Winthrop is 5-7:please:

At least Cleveland State was 12-0 when we beat them last Saturday.:flame:
Aslan Wrote:I just get tired of people praising him when he has a decent game against a bad team yet ignore all the things he does that hurt this team against quality competition.
Hater or not he earned respect when he beat Indiana because we lose if it wasn't for Harrellson.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Winthrop is 5-7:please:

You beat
Robert Morris 4-6
Notre Dame, who is better that Clev. St. was 9-0 when we beat them.
Pretty good game from just about every cat today. Obviously Lamb's game stands out but mostly because he only missed one shot all day. I was really impressed with the unselfishness today, especially Liggins who finished with 9 assists. Go CATS! Keep it rolling!
harrellson is doing exactly what everyone expected he was going to do so far imo....if he comes in and gets 8-10 pts and 8-10 boards he is doing exactly what Cal wants him to.
Great game from Lamb, Congrats Cats!
An amazing performance from Lamb!! Complete game from the Cats!! Congrats UK!
Aslan Wrote:I just get tired of people praising him when he has a decent game against a bad team yet ignore all the things he does that hurt this team against quality competition.

Who in the world is praising him? All I see is people hating on him.
beasy_bo Wrote:harrellson is doing exactly what everyone expected he was going to do so far imo....if he comes in and gets 8-10 pts and 8-10 boards he is doing exactly what Cal wants him to.

:Thumbs:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Winthrop is 5-7:please:

So, West Virginia hasn't played any teams under .500 this year?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:So, West Virginia hasn't played any teams under .500 this year?

Good point.
Jacksonville beat Florida, Winthrop beat Jacksonville, we beat the holy **** out of Winthrop.

Ya dig?
I didn't get to see the game but from the looks of it, CATS played well. Lamb needs to play consistently similar to that game. I don't mean putting up pts like that, but just play well every game and don't disappear.
Great game to gain confidence and work on your shot!
Great game cats
outdoorsman43 Wrote:So, West Virginia hasn't played any teams under .500 this year?

2....Robert Morris and VMI. :1:
What can I say. Doron Lamb is the man!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:2....Robert Morris and VMI. :1:

Oakland is 7-8 :1: