Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trevathan Named First-Team All-America
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Kentucky linebacker Danny Trevathan has been named first-team All-America as honors continue to roll in for Wildcats such as wide receiver/quarterback Randall Cobb, offensive guard Larry Warford, tight end Jordan Aumiller and linebacker Qua Huzzie.

• Trevathan, a junior from Leesburg, Fla., was chosen first-team All-America by CollegeFootballNews.com/Scout.com. He leads the Southeastern Conference in tackles with 130 and is third in the SEC in tackles for loss with 16.

• Cobb, a junior from Alcoa, Tenn., was picked second-team All-America by CollegeFootballNews.com/Scout.com. Cobb caught 79 passes for 955 yards and seven touchdowns, rushed for 401 yards and five TDs, threw three touchdown passes and returned punts and kickoffs, including a punt return for a touchdown. Earlier this week, he was named first-team All-America by The Associated Press and SportsIllustrated.com.

• Warford (Richmond, Ky.) was named second-team sophomore All-America by CollegeFootballNews.com/Scout.com. He led the team in knockdown blocks with 43 and allowed just one quarterback sack this season. He helped the Wildcats rank in the nation's top 30 in total offense, scoring offense and fewest sacks allowed.
Love it, Congrats. Trevathan is one of my all time favorites @ UK. I hope he comes back.
MVP2 Wrote:Love it, Congrats. Trevathan is one of my all time favorites @ UK. I hope he comes back.

Me too!
They all deserve it, especially Danny and Cobb. Cobb is the best all around player in the country, and IMO, Danny is the best linebacker in the country, period.

To be able to have the stats and attitude he has against the kind of competition we play is just amazing. Congrats to him, Cobb, and Warford.
Yet again provides evidence that this program has been headed in the right direction. Just need to learn to play 4 quarters and we are an 8 or 9 win regular season team. Congrats to Trevathan, Cobb and all the others.
Is Trevathon rumored to be leaving?
Congrats to the rest, but I have to give a shout out to the big man Warford. He will be a beast in the trenches in the upcoming years.
Stardust Wrote:Is Trevathon rumored to be leaving?

Man I have no idea. He won't tell a sole anything about it. I think it all depends on his situation back home, and if anything happens to where he needs the money. He might go because he's afraid of an injury if he comes back..but, he won't say a word about it.

Personally, I think he's staying.
Good news!