Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cal on Joe B. Hall and a pro team in Louisville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.nationofblue.com/pregame-inte...tate-4224/
Three diff video's in the link. There's even a video with JH in it but I didn't feel like it was worth mentioning in the thread title.
Cal said Joe B is very supportive of what UK is doing today and there is no jealously.
Cal supports having a pro team in Louisville, says it will help the entire state, and won't take attention away from UK. He went through the same thing while at Memphis with the Grizzles.
Louisville is stepping up efforts to get an NBA team again. They have cleared the calendar for Freedom Hall between Oct. and Apr. if I can find the link, I will post it.
Jarons Wrote:Louisville is stepping up efforts to get an NBA team again. They have cleared the calendar for Freedom Hall between Oct. and Apr. if I can find the link, I will post it.
A pro team won't want to play there when the Cards have that big nice arena in downtown on the river. I would say if the city of Louisville is banking on FH then they should think again.
Amun-Ra Wrote:A pro team won't want to play there when the Cards have that big nice arena in downtown on the river. I would say if the city of Louisville is banking on FH then they should think again.

http://www.fox41.com/story/13689234/coun...e-nba-team
Amun-Ra Wrote:A pro team won't want to play there when the Cards have that big nice arena in downtown on the river. I would say if the city of Louisville is banking on FH then they should think again.

Why not? Not every team has a nice new area. I'm not sure about this but don't the Grizzles share a gym with the Memphis Tigers. If they can make that work then I don't see why a pro team wouldn't want to play in Freedom Hall.

I wouldn't want to bring my NBA franchise to Freedom Hall with a brand new downtown arena either. UofL will not give up scheduling priority for the YUM center which makes things less likely.
Aslan Wrote:Why not? Not every team has a nice new area. I'm not sure about this but don't the Grizzles share a gym with the Memphis Tigers. If they can make that work then I don't see why a pro team wouldn't want to play in Freedom Hall.
The FedEx Forum is almost brand new. Opened in 2004 and is a nice pro style facility that sets over 18 thousand. Freedom Hall was opened over 50 years ago. While sets just as many as the FedEx Forum it is not nearly as nice.

Before that Memphis Tiger/Grizzlies played in the Pyramid which was opened in 1991. It set 20,000 +.

In the NBA yes they have nice arenas.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The FedEx Forum is almost brand new. Opened in 2004 and is a nice pro style facility that sets over 18 thousand. Freedom Hall was opened over 50 years ago. While sets just as many as the FedEx Forum it is not nearly as nice.

Before that Memphis Tiger/Grizzlies played in the Pyramid which was opened in 1991. It set 20,000 +.

In the NBA yes they have nice arenas.

K. I didn't know the FedEx Forum was new. But they do share it with the Memphis Tigers. I don't see why UL and a pro team couldn't share the Yum Center.
Aslan Wrote:K. I didn't know the FedEx Forum was new. But they do share it with the Memphis Tigers. I don't see why UL and a pro team couldn't share the Yum Center.
It has already been said. UofL wont give up the prime dates for and NBA team to play at home. If they could find a way to coexist a NBA team could do well in Louisville. But it is still in the Indiana Pacers area so there is that little problem.
Gotcha
I don't think the arena would be a huge deal. That's a small task. They have 2 options, share with UofL or have Freedom Hall to themselves. Don't you think an NBA franchise coming to a new city would completely pimp out the new arena?

Freedom Hall would be just fine for an NBA team and I think the team would be near the top in the league in attendance every year. I know I'd watch.
I don't think Freedom Hall will be a sell to the NBA. If FH had suites and wasn't aged, then it wouldn't be a bad place to house an NBA team.

The new downtown arena would and should share the arena with an NBA team, as the university of Louisville didn't pay for the arena, our tax dollars did. So if the public wants a NBA team (I'm in favor), then the city of Louisville should be in the running to get one and have them play home games at the Yum center.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think Freedom Hall will be a sell to the NBA. If FH had suites and wasn't aged, then it wouldn't be a bad place to house an NBA team.

The new downtown arena would and should share the arena with an NBA team, as the university of Louisville didn't pay for the arena, our tax dollars did. So if the public wants a NBA team (I'm in favor), then the city of Louisville should be in the running to get one and have them play home games at the Yum center.
I agree.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think Freedom Hall will be a sell to the NBA. If FH had suites and wasn't aged, then it wouldn't be a bad place to house an NBA team.

The new downtown arena would and should share the arena with an NBA team, as the university of Louisville didn't pay for the arena, [SIZE=3]our tax dollars did[/SIZE]. So if the public wants a NBA team (I'm in favor), then the city of Louisville should be in the running to get one and have them play home games at the Yum center.

:Thumbs: