Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morehead St Women's Coach Negative Publicity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN's First Take just featured Morehead State's Women's Basketball Coach Tom Hodges on its show. One of the things they focused on was his wardrobe. IMO he is bring negative attention to the university. He's nothing but a drag queen. Here's a link to MSU's site with an example of his attire.

http://www.msueagles.com/news/2010/11/30...01606.aspx
I dont know if it matter either way Wink I just think that the coach has his own awkward style of fashion.
I don't think the publicity it negative.
When you get as little publicity as they do, something like this isn't bad at all.

Don't you think "Drag Queen" is taking it pretty far?
lol
Agree, as they say in the business world which college basketball is
"Any publicity is good, especially when its free"
Agree, especially in Women's basketball.
IDK if you all have ever seen one of his interviews, but I think he needs to be fixing hair in a boutique somewhere instead of coaching basketball. He makes Liberachi look manly. I'm embarrassed to say I have my masters degree from there.
^ I think you're looking to far into this.
I went to Morehead as well....
and a lot worse things go on than this guy dressing the way he does lol
Can you give me another way he couldve got his program featured on the front page of the Lexington herald Leader?
zaga_fan Wrote:^ I think you're looking to far into this.
I went to Morehead as well....
and a lot worse things go on than this guy dressing the way he does lol

I've never actually stepped foot on Morehead's main campus. IDK what goes on there, but IMO this isn't good.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Can you give me another way he couldve got his program featured on the front page of the Lexington herald Leader?

They should start having drag queen parades before all the games. That would get them a lot of publicity.
Westside Wrote:I've never actually stepped foot on Morehead's main campus. IDK what goes on there, but IMO this isn't good.

Have you ever set foot on any college campus? Do you remember a coach by the name of Wimp Sanderson?
I agree. Westside, I think you're looking to far into this. I also think you should unpucker your butt and relax brochacho. Here, have a Miller Light(insert little copyright "c" sign).
vundy33 Wrote:I agree. Westside, I think you're looking to far into this. I also think you should unpucker your butt and relax brochacho. Here, have a Miller Light(insert little copyright "c" sign).

What does this mean?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Have you ever set foot on any college campus? Do you remember a coach by the name of Wimp Sanderson?

Yea I have. I went to and got my bachelors degree from Eastern Kentucky University.
First bolded word means relax, or chill out.

Second bolded word means bro or brother. Pretty much an awesome word. Pronounced (bro-chah cho). It's from a Miller Light commercial. Hence the reference to "Miller Light".
vundy33 Wrote:First bolded word means relax, or chill out.

Second bolded word means bro or brother. Pretty much an awesome word. Pronounced (bro-chah cho). It's from a Miller Light commercial. Hence the reference to "Miller Light".

Well Vundy, I still disagree with you, but you did at least teach me a new word if I can remember it.
Funny that you accuse another man of being gay when you have a picture of a guy taking his shirt off in your sig.

You seem to have an agenda here against MSU. I'm not sure why, unless if it is because of the Eagles recent dominance over the Colonels in almost every sport. I'm an Eagle fan and while I don't care for the way coach Hodges has gone about getting this attention, I admire his effort and passion. Time to stop taking juvenile shots like this. You're a better poster than that. Set your sour grapes aside.
I belive that if you will look into it you will find that he is doing it for a charity. The suits are auctioned off. I know that the folks there that after ESPN they bib on a few.
redsfan01;1126783[B Wrote:]Funny that you accuse another man of being gay when you have a picture of a guy taking his shirt off in your sig.
[/B]
You seem to have an agenda here against MSU. I'm not sure why, unless if it is because of the Eagles recent dominance over the Colonels in almost every sport. I'm an Eagle fan and while I don't care for the way coach Hodges has gone about getting this attention, I admire his effort and passion. Time to stop taking juvenile shots like this. You're a better poster than that. Set your sour grapes aside.

You are showing your ignorance in this statement. The guy in my sig is not taking off his shirt. He is holding up his bench shirt after bench pressing over 800 pounds. Your ignorance amazes me.

By the way I could care less about basketball for the most part.
Ignorance? Is ignorance calling a man a drag queen when he's wearing mens clothes and not womens clothes? Does that make John Daly a drag queen too, since he wears clothing from the same company? I'll admit, I could care less about and have never cared about competitive weight lifting, so no, I didn't know what he was holding up or taking off...whatever. You're not gay. I get that. But if you're suggesting a man is gay because he wears a plaid or checkered suit to coach ballgames in, then what does that say about a guy with a picture of a shirtless man as his sig? That would seem to be gayer in my book. If you're going to paint with such a large brush, you have to be included as well.

Embarrassed to have your master's degree from MSU? Fine, give it back. There are homosexual students, faculty members and staff at EKU too. Perhaps you should give that degree up too while you're at it. No? Then stop acting as if you've achieved no higher than a 7th grade education and stop slandering a man, (who is married) publicly when all he's doing is trying to get press for his program.

This thread should be closed.
redsfan01 Wrote:Ignorance? Is ignorance calling a man a drag queen when he's wearing mens clothes and not womens clothes? Does that make John Daly a drag queen too, since he wears clothing from the same company? I'll admit, I could care less about and have never cared about competitive weight lifting, so no, I didn't know what he was holding up or taking off...whatever. You're not gay. I get that. But if you're suggesting a man is gay because he wears a plaid or checkered suit to coach ballgames in, then what does that say about a guy with a picture of a shirtless man as his sig? That would seem to be gayer in my book. If you're going to paint with such a large brush, you have to be included as well.

Embarrassed to have your master's degree from MSU? Fine, give it back. There are homosexual students, faculty members and staff at EKU too. Perhaps you should give that degree up too while you're at it. No? Then stop acting as if you've achieved no higher than a 7th grade education and stop slandering a man, (who is married) publicly when all he's doing is trying to get press for his program.

This thread should be closed.

Ignorance once again. It's powerlifting not weightlifting. I could careless about you or your book or what you think. :lmao:
This has become personal shots!!! Thread Closed!!!
In the future, keep personal attacks out of public forums!!!!!