Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Heisman Winner - Cam Newton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No surprise here.

Should he deserve it cause the investigation or not? In my opinion. He absolutley deserves it with no questions asked.

What do you all think?
Best player in college football no doubt.
He absolutely deserves this accomplishment.
Whether he got money or he didnt, his play on the field is what matters at this point since they found nothing on him and he has racked up amazing stats all year.
I think they said he was left off of like 105 ballots and still finished 6th all time in votes! Is he the next NFL bust though?
OffTheHook Wrote:I think they said he was left off of like 105 ballots and still finished 6th all time in votes! Is he the next NFL bust though?

I'm not so sure.
I actually really do think he has an NFL type persona that could go far in the league.
He's a great runner, but his arm is very good as well. Id say it will take him some time, but i would just about say hed have a better nfl career than stafford and maybe even bradford.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm not so sure.
I actually really do think he has an NFL type persona that could go far in the league.
He's a great runner, but his arm is very good as well. Id say it will take him some time, but i would just about say hed have a better nfl career than stafford and maybe even bradford.

That's saying a lot. Bradford is have a great season and is a very smart QB. I think he maybe alright also though.
OffTheHook Wrote:That's saying a lot. Bradford is have a great season and is a very smart QB. I think he maybe alright also though.

I agree bradford is having a good season, but its all about where you end up and more than likely will be in St. Louis his entire career. If Newton could go somewhere with great resources he could definitely have a great nfl career.
I'd say this is going to be like the Reggie Bush situation and Cam gets the Heisman taken from him in a few years.
BTW, worst Heisman speech ever!
Aslan Wrote:I'd say this is going to be like the Reggie Bush situation and Cam gets the Heisman taken from him in a few years.

I agree. But I do think it was right to give it to him.
Aslan Wrote:I'd say this is going to be like the Reggie Bush situation and Cam gets the Heisman taken from him in a few years.

I agree Aslan !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well at least he didn't thank his teachers like Ingram last year. lol
But I don't put much emphasis on the speech. Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue what to say either after winning the most prestigious award in all of college athletics, even if I did have a statement prepared.
As long as they thank God, it doesn't matter to me after that.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Well at least he didn't thank his teachers like Ingram last year. lol
But I don't put much emphasis on the speech. Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue what to say either after winning the most prestigious award in all of college athletics, even if I did have a statement prepared.

Very much agreed :Thumbs:
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Well at least he didn't thank his teachers like Ingram last year. lol

Yeah, I liked where he thanked God a few times and our troops in combat but after that it was hard to listen to.
Congrats to Cam.
He's played well.
I hope he gets to keep it....
Scary news afterwards as well..rumor is Auburn cleared enough salary space to resign him for next season :yikes:
This wont be like the reggie bush issue, CAM said he WILL NOT give the trophy back.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Scary news afterwards as well..rumor is Auburn cleared enough salary space to resign him for next season :yikes:

:lmao: I thought that the Tide were making the bigger offer
Stardust Wrote::lmao: I thought that the Tide were making the bigger offer
lol..I just want the guy to go away..Ive talked so much smack about him, that it would take me the entire year to retract everything Ive said about him if put on a Bama jersey, lol..but as it is, he's a thief, a thug, a cheater on the field and in the classroom, and a high paid one at that Big Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..I just want the guy to go away..Ive talked so much smack about him, that it would take me the entire year to retract everything Ive said about him if put on a Bama jersey, lol..but as it is, he's a thief, a thug, a cheater on the field and in the classroom, and a high paid one at that Big Grin

Winning is Winning Hoss. And You can't prove any of this stuff. Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Winning is Winning Hoss. And You can't prove any of this stuff. Smile

Most of its already been proven Wink
Im suprised he won seeing how they stripped reggie bush.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Most of its already been proven Wink

Like?

Amen!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Like?
While at Florida, he bought a laptop that he knew was stolen. When the police came to talk to him, he threw it out the window. He was temporarily kicked off the team because of it. He was also facing expulsion from Florida after he got caught cheating academically (putting his name on another students paper without the student knowing, then buying a paper off of the internet when he got caught doing that, etc) three times. The latter is the reason he dropped out of Florida and went to Blinn JC. Yeah, he's a real top notch guy..
IS That All? Lol, The only way u cant play now is if your from over seas.
At least Ingram knew his teachers..
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IS That All? Lol, The only way u cant play now is if your from over seas.
Thats why this whole deal with the NCAA ****es me off..Cam Newton can hold up banks and stab babies and get to play. The NCAA wont allow Kanter to pay back money he got when he was 16 and play college basketball. Double standard? I believe so.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Thats why this whole deal with the NCAA ****es me off..Cam Newton can hold up banks and stab babies and get to play. The NCAA wont allow Kanter to pay back money he got when he was 16 and play college basketball. Double standard? I believe so.

They have always and always will set double standard. I know UK probably deserved the Death penalty over what happened.I wasn't born and am not sure what happened. But if your going to declare some people ineligible be Consistent.

Corey Magette Took Money- No Punishment TO Duke
Marcus Camby took Money- Vacated UMASS Wins

Cam Newton Eligible after being shopped
Kanters parents took money for something. They offered to pay it back,

If kanter cant play then newton shouldnt either
tideshoss32 Wrote:at least ingram knew his teachers..

burn! Lol
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They have always and always will set double standard. I know UK probably deserved the Death penalty over what happened.I wasn't born and am not sure what happened. But if your going to declare some people ineligible be Consistent.

Corey Magette Took Money- No Punishment TO Duke
Marcus Camby took Money- Vacated UMASS Wins

Cam Newton Eligible after being shopped
Kanters parents took money for something. They offered to pay it back,

If kanter cant play then newton shouldnt either
I absolutely 110% agree with that.
OffTheHook Wrote:Is he the next NFL bust though?

Yes, he'll be similar to JaMarcus Russell in the pros.
Pages: 1 2