Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Muschamp to accept Head Coaching Job At UF.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida will name Will Muschamp Texas defensive coordinator Head Coach.

I like the hire, but I'm surprised by it, the guy has turn down so many other jobs in the years past because it is the coach to be named at Texas as soon as Mac Brown retires.
the defense wasnt very good this year..
Great hire!
I think this is a good hire. Coach in waiting at Texas but hard to turn down an offer to coach at Florida.
Decent hire....
but I think they could've gotten better if they had waited.

However, the longer the job was open the more recruiting suffers.....
and the bigger chance that Meyer tries to come back lol
I don't really understand the hire. Florida could have got anyone they want to, and they hire a guy that has no real experience being the main guy coaching a university. Now I'm not saying he's a bad coach. I'm just saying he does not have much experience being the main guy.

And also, Florida didn't even take their time with it. They only interviewed Muschamp for the job.
I'm not so sure this was a good hire.
Dont get me wrong, it may very well end up being a good one.
But i think it was a little too fast, and maybe an idea that they already had before Meyer stepped down.
Its seriously got me wondering if they didnt force meyer to resign but let him go out on his terms.
I can live with it. He hasn't really proven himself as a recruiter either. In Texas, if you want a kid, Texas has first pick.

Glad it is not Strong.

At least Miami is completely fumbling their hire. BAHAHA. :devilflam
Not sure I understand why they went this direction. It was very quick, too quick, to make this decision.
I like this hire,because i think it hurts Florida in the long run,and thats good for the rest of the teams in the SEC thats on thier schedule every year.
Stardust;1115538[B Wrote:]Not sure I understand why they went this direction[/B]. It was very quick, too quick, to make this decision.

Any time you can get a former EKU coach you better get him. Just ask the New York Jets. They hired former EKU coach Rex Ryan and look how that's turned out. :biggrin:
Great Hire for UF!
great pickup IMO