Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (16) Kentucky 81 - Indiana 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=303450096

On On U of K!!!

I love Josh Harrellson! Josh with his double double, The Blue Knight with his points, Doron Lamb came through in this game with their pure skill. In the second half UK proved their abilities and will to win.

What are your thoughts on this game?
[url=http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=303450096][/url]
Another good win for the young Cats!

Yeah, Ol Harrellson played pretty good tonight,14 points and 12 rebounds. Some people will still hate though.
Jesus all these foul shots killed me. Way to many touch fouls called.
Great game by harrellson tonight.......I have also heard rumors that kentucky could be adding deandre daniels to their roster in january. anyone know anything about this
TJ was off his game 2night, way to pull it out,Liggins played gr8..
JH was set up perfectly for layups by his teammates, nothing special he was doing, just taking up space on the block.
UK looked awful for 35 minutes and great for the other 5 minutes.
Aslan, you're going to look dumb if you don't admit Josh had and played a good game tonight. Did his teammates set him up for all the rebounds? No. What about the tough put backs? No. Josh played great tonight, I'll be the first to admit he shouldn't be starting if it weren't for Kanter out and that he isn't skilled enough to be on this team, but I give credit where credit's due, and he deserves it.
Good win for the Cats....
and JH played VERY well
vundy33 Wrote:Aslan, you're going to look dumb if you don't admit Josh had and played a good game tonight. Did his teammates set him up for all the rebounds? No. What about the tough put backs? No. Josh played great tonight, I'll be the first to admit he shouldn't be starting if it weren't for Kanter out and that he isn't skilled enough to be on this team, but I give credit where credit's due, and he deserves it.

I'll never give him credit Big Grin
Harrelson reminds me a lot of Jared Prickett. He may get a lot of silly fouls and may not have much talent, he plays harder than anyone else on the floor. If everyone played as hard as Harelson, UK would be undefeated.
vundy33 Wrote:Aslan, you're going to look dumb if you don't admit Josh had and played a good game tonight. Did his teammates set him up for all the rebounds? No. What about the tough put backs? No. Josh played great tonight, I'll be the first to admit he shouldn't be starting if it weren't for Kanter out and that he isn't skilled enough to be on this team, but I give credit where credit's due, and he deserves it.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Josh Harrellson and DeAndre Liggins had great nights!!! TJ wasn't on his game, but these two including Knight really stepped up to carry the team.

Good win Cats and lets keep rolling!!!
I watched the game. BUT, to me....it just doesn't have that same flare it had back when I was younger and Bobby Knight was on the other bench for IU.
I didn't see the game because of HS game's, but I was quite surprised of the 1/2 time score and then the final. I DVR'd it, looking forward to watching
It was painfull to watch for much of the game,but UK played pretty good the final 10 minutes.very physical ball game there were a few time i thought the refs were gonna call 1ST and goal.:biggrin:
I found it painful to watch and I just got to watch the first half. Harrelson reminded me of someone who in a pickup game just stands under the goal and uses his size to score but won't do anything else. But if it works then ok.

But on d, well surely to god someone can tell them that when playing a zone the center or whoever is under the goal doesn't need to man up at the top of the key. Thus allowing backdoor cuts everytime. That about killed me to see. IU had that opp just about every trip
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I found it painful to watch and I just got to watch the first half. Harrelson reminded me of someone who in a pickup game just stands under the goal and uses his size to score but won't do anything else. But if it works then ok.

But on d, well surely to god someone can tell them that when playing a zone the center or whoever is under the goal doesn't need to man up at the top of the key. Thus allowing backdoor cuts everytime. That about killed me to see. IU had that opp just about every trip

I just finished watching the first half, and you are dead-on. :Thumbs:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I found it painful to watch and I just got to watch the first half. Harrelson reminded me of someone who in a pickup game just stands under the goal and uses his size to score but won't do anything else. But if it works then ok.

Agreed,Very well stated.:Thumbs:
It would have been nice if Cousins,or Orton had stayed another year.
Cousins was not going to, nor should we have expected him to. But Orton made a big mistake. He'd be the answer right now in light of the Kanter situation.
How many foul shots did we shoot?I fell asleep once while we was on the line!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How many foul shots did we shoot?I fell asleep once while we was on the line!

We did shoot alot of FTs, but I'm glad to see us start hitting them. UK shot 70% from the line yesterday. (31-44)
Stardust Wrote:Cousins was not going to, nor should we have expected him to. But Orton made a big mistake. He'd be the answer right now in light of the Kanter situation.

I don't know if he messed up or not. He got drafted in the first round and is making first round money. Could he have improved his game, maybe. But he is a 1st round draft pick. :Thumbs:
LWC Wrote:I don't know if he messed up or not. He got drafted in the first round and is making first round money. Could he have improved his game, maybe. But he is a 1st round draft pick. :Thumbs:

Fair. He is getting paid
^ he may have knew that knee wasnt going to last much longer and decided to cash in while he could.
^ And he at least has medical coverage for it now that can take care of it and potentially still give him a future. If he would have stayed, I guess there was teh cahnce he never would have gotten into the NBA.
Stardust Wrote:^ And he at least has medical coverage for it now that can take care of it and potentially still give him a future. If he would have stayed, I guess there was teh cahnce he never would have gotten into the NBA.

He probably had medical coverage at UK, Under Cals NAme Smile
Harrelson is not deserving to wear a UK uni IMO, but our old drunk coach recruited him. Calipari had to play the cards he was dealt. This year will defiently be a down year for us compared to last yrs. team, but everyone wait for next year. We are going to be unbelievable.
This was a very interesting game for UK. Even when the best player (Jones) has a rough go, the team FOUND other means of consistent scoring. Liggins and Knight brought the punch and gave the team the scoring needed to outlast a scrappy Indiana team. I think that shows up really well for the Cats that a player like Liggins can be that much of an offensive threat. Now for the player of the game in Harrellson! He was everything that we would need him to be! Got big rebounds, banged down low without getting fouls, and was able to get some points. With every game that he proves to be that much of an asset down low, we become a harder team to contain.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Harrelson is not deserving to wear a UK uni IMO, but our old drunk coach recruited him. Calipari had to play the cards he was dealt. This year will defiently be a down year for us compared to last yrs. team, but everyone wait for next year. We are going to be unbelievable.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2