Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville-77 vs (19)UNLV-69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Louisville out to an 8-0 start for the first time since 1996.
Gooed to see UL winning again!
Cards will break into the top 25. Should be ranked still when they play the Cats, which will be better for strength of schedule for the Cats down the road.
congrats to the Cards, the stadium has got to be the best in the country, but some place look like it may be hard to see..
I can't believe they're not in the top 25 already...
How did Justice do?
Good win for UL.
There not as good as there record is but I hope they keep proving me wrong.
cougarpride08 Wrote:How did Justice do?

13 mins....
4pts....
3 fouls lol
zaga_fan Wrote:13 mins....
4pts....
3 fouls lol

I have to admit that is 13 more minutes than I thought he would play all year. I will admit I was someone who thought he would not have a very significant role at all on this team. Glad to see I was wrong.
Cards keep rolling. Im going to say the Cards will be 11-0 when the Cats travel to Louisville. I say the Cards win by 5 or more in hopes that they don't let me down with the bet I have...and with that I say

UL-73
UK-68
vundy33 Wrote:I can't believe they're not in the top 25 already...

I'm wondering the same thing.
vundy33 Wrote:I can't believe they're not in the top 25 already...

NO Love for the Redbirds. Should be after this week though.
This was Pitino's comments on Justice after the game.

Coach Pitino
Louisville Coach Rick Pitino
UNLV___Coach Rick Pitino
Opening Statement
"For MVP, Preston, Chris or Kyle (deserved it), but I can't choose, I have a tough enough job. I am not picking that one. Obviously, Chris did so many things and Preston and Kyle were tremendous. Mike had an off night and what I told him was you need to be more like Preston and not think. Do you think it bothers Preston when he misses seven shots? Not in the least. Until you develop that attitude because they are all good shots, what bothered me was he was open and he was open and tried to drive to mid-range. You just got to keep on shooting. He will have a night where he goes 6-for-7 and then comes back. He needs to learn to move without the basketball and create other kinds of shots because he is such a good shooter. Everybody knows what they are getting to him.

We beat a tremendous basketball team tonight. We have been preparing for them for a long time. They pressure, and they force turnovers better than anyone else in the country. They can play five guards and kill you. We took advantage of pick and roll situations. We practiced hard for the last week and a half. Kyle made the shots, which is very, very important. We had to do it tonight with lineups we don't normally play. We knew we had to play Kyle at four because we had to last year as well. It is so important against them that the four man be able to pass and shoot the ball. But Bullet (Elisha Justice) gave us a great lift. I was just about ready to yell when he came out one-on-two---bring it out, bring it out --- and the words didn't come out of my mouth because I never thought he would go one-on-one and try to get it in one. And he did. That kid surprises me every single time I watch him in these games. It was a great win for us. We beat a tremendous basketball team."

I also read on U of L site where Justice has a string of 40 straight minutes without a turnover.
I dread the day UK has to play them.
I think we can beat Lville, but if we have one of our off nights i dont think we will.
Congrats Crads! Keep up the good work!!
IM LOVING IT!!! keep it rolling cards
Good win for the cards!! We will see if they are for real when the Cats come to town and later on in the Big East.
A team that is going to get better.
The UK UofL game is getting more and more intriguing as the season goes on!!!