Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Donald Russell to Transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw earlier today on WKYT that Donald Russell will transfer at the end of the year. Thought?
I hope he decides to stay I really looked forward to seeing him play more.
Not really surprise with this, I remember the thing about his mom earlier year mad about his playing time and with Sanders only being a freshman this season and getting a lot of PT, I'd say he'll be our starter next season.
Cya bub.
Uh Bye.
Got better players coming up. Florida Atlantic and Florida International looks good for him now.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Saw earlier today on WKYT that Donald Russell will transfer at the end of the year. Thought?

If Russell is going to transfer at end of year, I would give him a head start and tell him to hit the road at the end of the semester and not take him to the Bowl game with the team in January.
White Feather Wrote:If Russell is going to transfer at end of year, I would give him a head start and tell him to hit the road at the end of the semester and not take him to the Bowl game with the team in January.

That may be the case not sure on the time frame they just said transferring so idk...
I dont blame him. With a coaching staff that will start Mike Hartline over some guys that could really help us its hard to telling how much potential this kid could have. I remember the blue and white game they was talking about how good he was. Also the coaching staff should have used CObb like Auburn uses Newton;
Oh my God! Cobb is not like Cam Newton.
FBALL Wrote:Oh my God! Cobb is not like Cam Newton.

umm where do u see this?
Russell was a tough back, but I wasn't impressed with his speed.

Raymond Sanders is more of a SEC running back, with a ton of speed and he's only a freshman.
nikolas2010 Wrote:I dont blame him. With a coaching staff that will start Mike Hartline over some guys that could really help us its hard to telling how much potential this kid could have. I remember the blue and white game they was talking about how good he was. Also the coaching staff should have used CObb like Auburn uses Newton;

First of all Locke without his injury would have and is still a premier back in the SEC. He received All SEC honors and didn't even play in 4 of this years game and STILL almost rushed for 1,000 yards. Willams and Sanders are both better backs than Russell IMO. In addition your comparison to Cobb and Newton bare no weight. Yes, Cobb runs nice out of the wildcat however, to compare his passing ability is crazy. Cobb turned into one of the best SEC receivers this year and one of Kentucky's all time greats. As a QB he would have been at most average, while Hartline (even though I have criticized him in previous years) was our best option this year. With a better defensive scheme this team would have been much better, the big O kept us in games I.E Auburn.
Not a big deal...