Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Doron Lamb's postgame interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you got a chance to watch Doron Lamb's postgame interview on Nation of Blue, he talked about 2 things he felt that is plaguing this team. Stupid fouls and free throws. He singled out Josh Harrellson for a stupid foul at the end of the game and he really didn't single out anyone for the missed free throws. I'm looking at you Brandon Knight. Knight has consistently missed the front end of the bonus in the UCONN and UNC games, which happen to be the Cats only 2 losses.
Lamb is making a case to supplant Darius Miller as a starter and put Miller where he needs to be, until he can figure out how to use his talent to help this team. I am not much on Darius sitting outside and throwing up threes. He should be taking over ballgames with his athleticism and length and drive to the basket. Doron Lamb is a really laid back kid, I have interviewed him several times. Yesterday he had a lot to say because you can tell he is frustrated. He needs help. Time to get smarter, tougher, and playing bigger in the clutch. Notre Dame is not going to be easy, and if the Cats play like they did in Chapel Hill, the outcome will be the same vs. the Irish.

http://www.nationofblue.com/view-section...rows-3968/
Just read this. Lamb is my favorite UK player and he is right about foul shots.
I would love to see Lamb start, but we have no one to come off the bench if we do so. Unfortunately this is a case of the better playing riding the bench, but for the betterment of the team it needs to stay this way
My question is, why in the **** does Cal only have 9 actual scholarship players? I'm not counting Polson as he's a walkon that was given a scholarship because of the lack of scholarship players.
This team is not as deep as I thought they would be at the begining of the year.
^Kanter being eligible would change the depth of this team dramatically
zaga_fan Wrote:^Kanter being eligible would change the depth of this team dramatically

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I would love to see Lamb start, but we have no one to come off the bench if we do so. Unfortunately this is a case of the better playing riding the bench, but for the betterment of the team it needs to stay this way

If Lamb replaced Miller in the lineup, then Miller would come of the bench.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this starting line-up.

PG The Blue Knight
SG DeAndre Liggins
SF Darius Miller
PF Terrence Jones
PF Josh Harrellson

So, if Lamb were put into the starting lineup, he would probably be put at the 2 with Liggins going to the 3, right?

PG The Blue Knight
SG Doron Lamb
SF
DeAndre Liggins
PF Terrence Jones
PF Josh Harrellson

I think that would be better for our bench and better overall for the team. Lamb is a playmaker. If we had the starting lineup that I suggested above, Miller and Poole would come in at the 2 or 3, while Lamb could rest Knight at the 1.

What do you guys think of that? Correct or tweak to what you think please.
^ I agree with what you have and it could work. The only issue that we have seen with Miller is his inconsistency. What I love about Lamb is his no-fear attitude to come in and light it up. Miller does not have that. Liggins has that, but Liggins is not someone I would count on for instant scoring. Lamb deserves to be a starter, but if you leave yourself with no offense off the bench, then you really limit yourself at that first Substitution.
vundy33 Wrote:If Lamb replaced Miller in the lineup, then Miller would come of the bench.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this starting line-up.

PG The Blue Knight
SG DeAndre Liggins
SF Darius Miller
PF Terrence Jones
PF Josh Harrellson

So, if Lamb were put into the starting lineup, he would probably be put at the 2 with Liggins going to the 3, right?

PG The Blue Knight
SG Doron Lamb
SF
DeAndre Liggins
PF Terrence Jones
PF Josh Harrellson

I think that would be better for our bench and better overall for the team. Lamb is a playmaker. If we had the starting lineup that I suggested above, Miller and Poole would come in at the 2 or 3, while Lamb could rest Knight at the 1.

What do you guys think of that? Correct or tweak to what you think please.

It looks good on paper but let's be real.. Darius is what 6'7?
As I previously stated in another thread, by taking out Darius you will get a lot less boards, and that makes us have an even smaller back court..
You guys hating on the UK bigs will be even madder if that was to happen.
Darius is able to block shots and create turn overs on the other team, if this happens UK's defense would be tremendously affected.
I'd like to see

PG Knight
SG Lamb
SF Miller
PF Jones
C Harrellson

Yes, that takes our best defender in Liggins out, but I think he costs us more points on offense than he saves on defense. He is terrible on offense. Just drives out of control into the lane, with no plan, and then gets blocked or charges. He may score 1 out of 10 times he drives.
Ballers Wrote:It looks good on paper but let's be real.. Darius is what 6'7?
As I previously stated in another thread, by taking out Darius you will get a lot less boards, and that makes us have an even smaller back court..
You guys hating on the UK bigs will be even madder if that was to happen.
Darius is able to block shots and create turn overs on the other team, if this happens UK's defense would be tremendously affected.

I agree Miller not being in there would hurt us defensively but not on the boards. He's only averaging 5rbs a game. He should be averaging more than that, but he's just not aggressive enough.
MSU Eagle Wrote:I'd like to see

PG Knight
SG Lamb
SF Miller
PF Jones
C Harrellson

Yes, that takes our best defender in Liggins out, but I think he costs us more points on offense than he saves on defense. He is terrible on offense. Just drives out of control into the lane, with no plan, and then gets blocked or charges. He may score 1 out of 10 times he drives.

Sounds good to me. :1:
Aslan Wrote:I agree Miller not being in there would hurt us defensively but not on the boards. He's only averaging 5rbs a game. He should be averaging more than that, but he's just not aggressive enough.

Look at it like this then..
If you had Liggins or Lamb down there banging with the big boys, not blocking out, whose to say the offense doesn't get an offensive board over the smaller defender? Even if Darius doesn't get the board he is still a bigger and longer body down low.
Even if it's just a slap-the-ball kinda thing to another UK defender.. Defense is defense, we need the bigger guy.

I do agree he should be averaging more, but it is just the begining of a long season.
Knight
Lamb
Liggins
Miller/Jones
Jones/Vargas