Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congrats UK!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Must be nice to schedule 4 creampuffs and then all you have to do is win two Conference games to go to a bowl game. Oh well, Auburn and Arkansas are going to BCS bowls and you get a big fat Conference check. Sorry to vent guys, but I am really irked tonight. :flame::devilflam:HitWall:
You can say what you want about UK football. WVU plays in the Big East. Half your teams dont even have football so to make your conference relavent they have to go all they way to Texas to get better teams in it. Prolly should have got more than TCU cause the next chance Pitt gets to get out to a better conf. they're gone.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Must be nice to schedule 4 creampuffs and then all you have to do is win two Conference games to go to a bowl game. Oh well, Auburn and Arkansas are going to BCS bowls and you get a big fat Conference check. Sorry to vent guys, but I am really irked tonight. :flame::devilflam:HitWall:

This from a Big East fan. Laughable at the least !!!
If we had WVU's schedule we would have one maybe 2 losses.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If we had WVU's schedule we would have one maybe 2 losses.

I think its safe to say that we would have only had one loss if we played their schedule and that would have been against LSU!
I am just glad that UK does not play in the Big East. Being the SEC allows UK fans to watch some good football teams at home even in a down year for the 'Cats.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Must be nice to schedule 4 creampuffs and then all you have to do is win two Conference games to go to a bowl game. Oh well, Auburn and Arkansas are going to BCS bowls and you get a big fat Conference check. Sorry to vent guys, but I am really irked tonight. :flame::devilflam:HitWall:

Wow, What are u on? YOu play in a awful conference and come in here talking smack about UK? We play more quality teams in once season then you play in a decade.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wow, What are u on? YOu play in a awful conference and come in here talking smack about UK? We play more quality teams in once season then you play in a decade.

This is true lol.
this coming from a guy who's team plays in the Big Least Conference whose champion is going to a BCS game after getting blown out by Louisville 26-0. UCONN really going to a BCS game??? Really, come on now... If Kentucky plays West Virginia's schedule they would be going to a BCS game.
Regardless what conference his team is in, or who his team is. He has a point. UK beat 2 teams really. Akron, WKU, CS, and Vandy are terrible! UK fan but I do agree with him on this one.

Don't talk trash about this football team. A few plays here and their, UK would have had 4 or 5 conference wins. Remember, it took a field goal for Auburn to defeat us.
You know what, everyone keeps saying how easy it is for UK to go to these "worthless" bowl games. Yes there are too many bowl games and yes a lot of teams maybe do not deserve to get the bids but if it were as easy as some people like to think it is then more teams would have made it to a bowl in each of the last five years. Do you know how many teams can say that they have made a bowl game each of the last 5 years? 29. If it were as easy as some of you think that number would be a lot higher folks.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:You know what, everyone keeps saying how easy it is for UK to go to these "worthless" bowl games. Yes there are too many bowl games and yes a lot of teams maybe do not deserve to get the bids but if it were as easy as some people like to think it is then more teams would have made it to a bowl in each of the last five years. Do you know how many teams can say that they have made a bowl game each of the last 5 years? 29. If it were as easy as some of you think that number would be a lot higher folks.

:Thumbs: Amen.
Murderer's row? NOT!!!

DateOpponentLiveStatsTVTime/ResultSep 04COASTAL CAROLINA[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=886834&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]Big EastW, 31-0Sep 10at Marshall[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=886752&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]ESPNW, 24-21 (OT)Sep 18MARYLAND[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=879161&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]ESPNUW, 31-17Sep 25at LSU ESPN2L, 14-20Oct 09UNLV[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=888800&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]Big EastW, 49-10Oct 14USF[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=926095&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]ESPNW, 20-6Oct 23SYRACUSE[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=926097&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]ESPN2L, 14-19Oct 29at Connecticut[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=879971&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]ESPN2L, 13-16, OTNov 13CINCINNATI[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=880202&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]Big EastW, 37-10Nov 20at Louisville[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=880228&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]Big EastW, 17-10Nov 26at Pitt[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=880156&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]ABCW, 35-10Dec 04RUTGERS[url=javascript: window.open('http://mountaineerathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=926099&school=wvir&sport=mfootbl&', 'mfootblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=976,height=700'); void('');][Image: iconCalendarGT.gif][/url]
This daneer guy kills me....
this doesn't even need to be a thread....
WALL2WALL Wrote:Don't talk trash about this football team. A few plays here and their, UK would have had 4 or 5 conference wins. Remember, it took a field goal for Auburn to defeat us.

Yeah, if UK had a defense at all we would defiently had no less then 4 wins in the conference, I just wish we could find a season where UK had a good defense and offense in the same season. They are to far between one another to suit me.
Didn't WVU start the season with Costal Carolina and then what should have been a loss to Marshall before taking on that formidable Big Least Schedule?
LOL.

Dangerousdan always starts these threads and says nothing in return after the argument is thrown back in his lap.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:LOL.

Dangerousdan always starts these threads and says nothing in return after the argument is thrown back in his lap.

Yes he does.
It's a good thing UK plays Western, Akron, and Charleston Southern instead of Louisville Trinity, Louisville St. Xavier, and Highlands. A 3-9 record wouldn't get that dubious bid to Birmingham.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:LOL.

He's just trolling, I would do the same thing if my team couldn't win the Big Least.
Poor poor daneer.
I dont get why you hate on UK athletics when WVU has never done anything!?

EDITED:

Call him Eerie to get his attention guys.
Hey, I do not like being Big East "Co Champs." This is like being the world's tallest midget. Our reward is the Chump's Bowl in Orlando. Oh well, maybe it is fitting for a final game for a chump like Gomer Stewart. The only good thing about Gomer is that he is helping to make WVU into a basketball school.

My post was NEVER about Big East/SEC. Just pointing out a fact. It was about Kentucky beating 4 creampuffs OOC and two of 8 Conference games to get a bowl bid. Of course, you guys could care less about football. If you did care about football, you would have ran Grandpa Brooksie off long before he "retired."
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Hey, I do not like being Big East "Co Champs." This is like being the world's tallest midget. Our reward is the Chump's Bowl in Orlando. Oh well, maybe it is fitting for a final game for a chump like Gomer Stewart. The only good thing about Gomer is that he is helping to make WVU into a basketball school.

My post was NEVER about Big East/SEC. Just pointing out a fact. It was about Kentucky beating 4 creampuffs OOC and two of 8 Conference games to get a bowl bid. Of course, you guys could care less about football. If you did care about football, you would have ran Grandpa Brooksie off long before he "retired."

And what are those premier wins WVU Has>?
Told you.. Refer to him as Eerie, he will reply.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And what are those premier wins WVU Has>?

Maybe it was Power house Syracuse? Wait a minute they lost to them. Cant be the Coastal Carolina game. Well mabe coastal Carolina did beat Delaware State. They are a house hold name. I know it was Marshall. No. it took everything in WV to win that game against the great 5-7 power of We Are Marshall. Marshall did beat Top 10 Ranked Ohio by 1 point. Shut I must be stupid that is Ohio State ranked in the top 10. Darn it. maybe it was the UNLV that pushes WV into that top level team. UNLV did win 2 games this year. Maybe the South Florida win was a key victory. The same South Florida team that beat the Power of Western Kentucky by 12 points. Im still dont know the answer.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe it was Power house Syracuse? Wait a minute they lost to them. Cant be the Coastal Carolina game. Well mabe coastal Carolina did beat Delaware State. They are a house hold name. I know it was Marshall. No. it took everything in WV to win that game against the great 5-7 power of We Are Marshall. Marshall did beat Top 10 Ranked Ohio by 1 point. Shut I must be stupid that is Ohio State ranked in the top 10. Darn it. maybe it was the UNLV that pushes WV into that top level team. UNLV did win 2 games this year. Maybe the South Florida win was a key victory. The same South Florida team that beat the Power of Western Kentucky by 12 points. Im still dont know the answer.

But you searched!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe it was Power house Syracuse? Wait a minute they lost to them. Cant be the Coastal Carolina game. Well mabe coastal Carolina did beat Delaware State. They are a house hold name. I know it was Marshall. No. it took everything in WV to win that game against the great 5-7 power of We Are Marshall. Marshall did beat Top 10 Ranked Ohio by 1 point. Shut I must be stupid that is Ohio State ranked in the top 10. Darn it. maybe it was the UNLV that pushes WV into that top level team. UNLV did win 2 games this year. Maybe the South Florida win was a key victory. The same South Florida team that beat the Power of Western Kentucky by 12 points. Im still dont know the answer.

cough-Tennessee-cough
^You guys couldn't beat UT either
Pages: 1 2