Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vitale and Bilas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These two have always been accused of being anti UK but Bilas was on Mike and Mike this morning pleading Enes Kanters case and a few minutes ago Vitale went off on Sportscenter comparing Cam Newton's situation with Kanters. He was going nuts on the NCAA saying they now must let Kanter play. He said you have one father out trying to make money off their son and one who turned down millions trying to keep his son elgible. It couldnt hurt having these two pleading UK's case to millions on ESPN.
Bilas is the most unbiased individual on ESPN. Why some UK fans think he hates there team is beyond me.
And yes, those two pleading for UK's case won't hurt.
^I think he covered a game last year and claimed that John Wall charged when the ref called a block.
Since then, all UK fans have said that he hates UK.

He also said something good about Duke once.
zaga_fan Wrote:^I think he covered a game last year and claimed that John Wall charged when the ref called a block.

Thats all it takes!
zaga_fan Wrote:^I think he covered a game last year and claimed that John Wall charged when the ref called a block.

Your kidding, right? lol.
Duke Vitale And Jay Bias are the worst commentators on the planet for UK Fans!!!
MVP2 Wrote:Your kidding, right? lol.

lol
the world may never know
"Richard" Vitale tends to favor whoever is hot at the time. He was a big time lover of the Jay Williams/Mike Dunleavy/Carlos Boozer Duke teams. I can see where some may not favor him that much. Personally, I think he is great for college basketball.

Jay Bilas is the most fair analyst that ESPN has. It is not eve close. I would rather hear him for 24 hours than hear Doug Gottlieb or Pat Forde for 10 minutes.
Dickie V makes me mad sometimes..
I'm trying to watch the game, can you please shut up now..

Jay Bilas is ok, I am most certainly glad and greatful they are taking up for the big man Enes. It definitely cannot hurt anything with them having our back.
LWC Wrote:"Richard" Vitale tends to favor whoever is hot at the time. He was a big time lover of the Jay Williams/Mike Dunleavy/Carlos Boozer Duke teams. I can see where some may not favor him that much. Personally, I think he is great for college basketball.

Jay Bilas is the most fair analyst that ESPN has. It is not eve close. I would rather hear him for 24 hours than hear Doug Gottlieb or Pat Forde for 10 minutes.

I agree, I could listen to Bilas for as long as he talks about a team or game..
The others, not so much.. I guess he just has a commentator voice.
Vitale is a fan of college basketball. He is good for the game. But he is an open Duke fan. He has said they are his favorite team. That's why it is hard to listen to him for long periods because he will always mention them no matter who is playing.

Bilas calls it like he sees it. If you're good he will say it but if you are bad he will def let you know it.
Anybody that says Vitale isnt a UK fan obviously wasnt around the entire time Rick Pitino was in Lexington. Vitale loves Kentucky. He did then, and he does now. I like Bilas too. Bilas played at Duke 25 years ago, and thats why UK fans hate him. Which is stupid.
So there we have it....

Bilas played for Duke.
And Dicky V is a Duke dan.

Thus UK fans automatically think that they are mortal enemies.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Vitale is a fan of college basketball. He is good for the game. But he is an open Duke fan. He has said they are his favorite team. That's why it is hard to listen to him for long periods because he will always mention them no matter who is playing.

Bilas calls it like he sees it. If you're good he will say it but if you are bad he will def let you know it.

I think his love of Duke is more of his love of Coach K. They seem to be really good friends and talk a lot. I think he plays a major role in the great atmosphere of college basketball every year.
Bilas is probably the best anchor ESPN has. He seems to worry more about being a good anchor and broadcaster than being partial to any team. but the guy played at Duke, you cant expect him to not like Duke thatd be unfair, do you think if Richie Farmer was an analyst he wouldnt side with UK the majority of the time?
^Nonetheless, like stated above, Bilas calls it like he sees it.
zaga_fan Wrote:So there we have it....

Bilas played for Duke.
And Dicky V is a Duke dan.

Thus UK fans automatically think that they are mortal enemies.

I know and I will never understand the hate for Duke. I get it that they beat UK in the Final Four, but later Tubby returned the favor. Also UK beat Duke in the finals when Hall was the coach.

I saw a survey once that Duke fans did not even acknowledge UK as a rival. They even mentioned Virginia before the mentioned UK. If they don't call us rivals and they have one or two signature NCAA tournament wins over the CATS then why are they such big rivals? The Farmer team that lost had no business in the Final Four anyway, they REALLY overachieved. I am glad they made it but beating Duke would have been a major upset. It is not like they stole the thunder, we were supposed to lose that game.

I digress, I just can't understand why UK fans hate Duke so bad or why they are such big rivals. I mean to have a rivalry, doesn't the other team have to agree that it is a rivalry? I understand UNC as a rivalry. Dean Smith broke Rupp's record, UK beat them to the 2000 win mark, etc... but Duke I don't understand.
^Ask the Harlan County fans about their "rivalry" with Bell County.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Ask the Harlan County fans about their "rivalry" with Bell County.

Im confused..
This is about Dickie V and Bilas.
Please inform me of what you mean?
LWC Wrote:I know and I will never understand the hate for Duke. I get it that they beat UK in the Final Four, but later Tubby returned the favor. Also UK beat Duke in the finals when Hall was the coach.

I saw a survey once that Duke fans did not even acknowledge UK as a rival. They even mentioned Virginia before the mentioned UK. If they don't call us rivals and they have one or two signature NCAA tournament wins over the CATS then why are they such big rivals? The Farmer team that lost had no business in the Final Four anyway, they REALLY overachieved. I am glad they made it but beating Duke would have been a major upset. It is not like they stole the thunder, we were supposed to lose that game.

I digress, I just can't understand why UK fans hate Duke so bad or why they are such big rivals. I mean to have a rivalry, doesn't the other team have to agree that it is a rivalry? I understand UNC as a rivalry. Dean Smith broke Rupp's record, UK beat them to the 2000 win mark, etc... but Duke I don't understand.

Ballers Wrote:Im confused..
This is about Dickie V and Bilas.
Please inform me of what you mean?

Just figured they could give some insight on rivalries in which the other team doesn't consider a rivalry.

but BTTT

Why does everyone gotta hate on Dicky V and Bilas
I haven't seen too much hate on Bilas
but he was openly blasted for being a "UK hater"
zaga_fan Wrote:Just figured they could give some insight on rivalries in which the other team doesn't consider a rivalry.

but BTTT

Why does everyone gotta hate on Dicky V and Bilas
I haven't seen too much hate on Bilas
but he was openly blasted for being a "UK hater"

I don't think he(Bilas) is a UK hater..
Dickie V has said some things back in the Billy era and Tubby era about UK that I was not to fond about..

But since we have had Cal, he has had nothing but good to say.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Anybody that says Vitale isnt a UK fan obviously wasnt around the entire time Rick Pitino was in Lexington. Vitale loves Kentucky. He did then, and he does now. I like Bilas too. Bilas played at Duke 25 years ago, and thats why UK fans hate him. Which is stupid.

^^^THIS!!!! :Thumbs:

Vitale and Bilas are GREAT commentators. Vitale loves Kentucky and he loves Kentucky fans. Keep in mind, he picked Kentucky (being the ONLY person from the College Gameday group) to win the national championship over Kansas last season! And I'm pretty sure he had Kentucky winning against Duke in the final four!

About Bilas, if there was ever a commentator that had played for a powerhouse college basketball team in the past and who is fair to all teams, it's him.

Saying all of this, I would like to point out that both Vitale and Bilas think greatly of Kentucky fans. I know as fact that Vitale said Kentucky fans are the greatest college basketball fans in the nation, and I think Bilas said this too. I do know as fact that Bilas - when College Gameday went to Kentucky last season - said it was the greatest atmosphere he had ever been to while being with the College Gameday group.
LWC Wrote:I know and I will never understand the hate for Duke. I
I will tell you why I hate Duke... One reason is because the refs didn't throw that pansy *** Christian Laittener(sp?) out of the game when he stomped on Aminu Timberlake. It happened right in front of the ref but because Duke was the favorite he was allowed to stay in . That is my opinion and I will never sway from it and no one can disprove it.
Second reason is because of the year in year out gay media love for Duke. And I dont think I really have to explain that.
Aslan Wrote:Bilas is the most unbiased individual on ESPN. Why some UK fans think he hates there team is beyond me.
And yes, those two pleading for UK's case won't hurt.

:Thumbs:

Hahahahahaha...I lol'd.