Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RUMOR Joe Johnson Out At Pikeville College
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe Johnson Head football Coach at Pikeville College is no longer there. The Reason is unknown and is yet to be announced.

Good luck to the School And Johnson if this is true.
I've been hearing this for quite sometime.

Also heard the reigns will be handed over to Al Holland Jr.
Heard this has been coming for a while now.
Despite Johnson's 2 sub-par seasons at PC he is a quality coach who is a proven winner. He is a great family man and has a great set of moral values. I wish him and the Johnson family well on their future endeavors.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've been hearing this for quite sometime.

This would be a big step for the young man. One im sure hes ready for and I would love to see him get.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've been hearing this for quite sometime.

That's a big jump for Al.
but I'm sure his dad has taught him a thing or two about coaching lol
I hate to see anyone lose their job, but if he did, I love the fact that a Colonel got the job.
Congrats to Al if true.
I liked Johnson, but in most of the games they lost they scored enough points to win anywhere else. I mean you can throw up 50 or even 60 points and still get beat, that is unacceptable. Pikeville hasn't sniffed having a good defense since the early years of the program and the years when Crager was the defensive coordinator. Get some good players that will last more than a semester, build a program instead of trying to find players (JUCO or NCAA drop outs) to field a team each season. It would go a long way...
You will not find a better man then Joe Johnson. HOWEVER, the man is not the greatest coach. A poster said he is a proven winner. Not as a headcoach. He has less then 10 career wins as a headcoach. And that problem at PC the last few years has not been the players. Schematically PC never stands a chance on D. Happy to see a change at PC. I think the absolute world of JJ, and wish him nothing but the best. But PC deserves a better product then what he put on the field.
This is confirmed by PC AD Robert Staggs at a press conference earlier today.

Head Coaching job will be filled by Christmas Break.

Front runner is Bell County HC Dudley Hilton.
^

Kinda would a surprise to me, if Dudley made the jump but I would love to see it.
That would be crazy. IMO Hilton wont leave. I dont think he should anyway. I cant justify leaving the program he has to coach in the NAIA.
Real Badman Wrote:This is confirmed by PC AD Robert Staggs at a press conference earlier today.

Head Coaching job will be filled by Christmas Break.

Front runner is Bell County HC Dudley Hilton.

That would be wild.
I would love to see Dudley Hilton get the job and build the program up like he has Bell Co.