Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Randy Shannon Fired (Miami FL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shannons fired after 4 seasons @ Miami FL, the Canes finished the reg. season with a 7-5 record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5858214
Seen this one coming. He just hasn't been able to get Miami back in the national picture since hes been there.
I'm sure Miami already has someone in mind, wonder who it might be?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Seen this one coming. He just hasn't been able to get Miami back in the national picture since hes been there.
I'm sure Miami already has someone in mind, wonder who it might be?

I bet its a BIG name! That would be my guess.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I bet its a BIG name! That would be my guess.

Bobby Bowden?? lol jk
I like Randy Shannon, but he was never the kind of fit for the tradition of the U. I am hopeful that can get back to the glory days!
Stardust Wrote:I like Randy Shannon, but he was never the kind of fit for the tradition of the U. I am hopeful that can get back to the glory days!

I agree. Randy Shannon is a good role model for young men but he is more suited for a school that is a non - BCS contender for which national championships is not the utmost importance.
Miami wants a big name? But can they afford one? That is the big question.

Also, You cannot hire a new stadium. Killer attendance of around 30,000 against USF. That means 40,000 empty seats.

This does suck for FSU though. Shannon could not recruit well at all. He had burned a lot of bridges in the Miami area. Hopefully they mess this hire up.