Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Connecticut 84 - Kentucky 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Poor effort defensively for the Cats
UConn

FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
30-51 7-12 17-19 5 29 16 5 5 12 16 84
58.8% 58.3% 89.5%

UK

FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
22-61 8-22 15-20 12 28 10 6 6 10 19 67
36.1% 36.4% 75.0%
We shot bad. We passed the ball bad. We played defense bad. We played BAD! We got some growing up to do.

Glad this game is over. UK needs to take a long look at this game film and grow some balls for the rest of the season. We had one man out there and a bunch of kids.

Also, UConn will not play that good for the rest of the ear. Promise you that
The Game: Embarrassing!

Terrence Jones: another GREAT night! He scored the 1st 10 points of the game for UK and had 24 for the night! Jones went 4-4 from 3 and 8-9 from the free throw line!
Somewhere in Minnesota there's a black man smiling. Smile
Amun-Ra Wrote:We shot bad. We passed the ball bad. We played defense bad. We played BAD! We got some growing up to do.

Glad this game is over. UK needs to take a long look at this game film and grow some balls for the rest of the season. We had one man out there and a bunch of kids.

Also, UConn will not play that good for the rest of the ear. Promise you that

Did we pass the ball? We have to learn to share the ball. Knight was out of control and never got into the game. Terrence jones played big. Miller will never make it anywhere if he doesnt learn to play hard and take control.
He is soft and just doesnt have a thrill to score.

Defense was awful. once they beat one man noone was rotating over to help.
That was bad... real bad!

Got outplayed in every aspect of the game and Calhoun took Calipari to the woodshed.

Officiating was terrible both ways, as it has been the entire tournament.

All-in-all, I'll take 2nd place with this undermanned team.
Quote:BlackcatAlumThat was bad... real bad!

Got outplayed in every aspect of the game and Calhoun took Calipari to the woodshed.
How?
Gave up way to many layups and open shots. Cal's got a lot of work to do with these guys on the defensive end.
Forced way to many things, dumb passes, dumb shots. TJ was the only bright spot.
JH is awful...that is all.
if it wasnt for Jones it would have been worse, and there a very selfish team right now, Cal even said it the night b4 last.i thought they was supposed to have better shooters on this team than last year?right now this team is not even close to last years team..
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Did we pass the ball? We have to learn to share the ball. Knight was out of control and never got into the game. Terrence jones played big. Miller will never make it anywhere if he doesnt learn to play hard and take control.
He is soft and just doesnt have a thrill to score.

Defense was awful. once they beat one man noone was rotating over to help.

I was disappointed in him settling for the outside shot. He never took control and showed no skill at the Dribble Drive. That said, I'd say this is the toughest game this young man has ever encountered. I think he is intelligent enough to learn from it and will know what to do the next time.

As for Miller, well he showed spurts of what everyone has thought he could be, then he disappeared. I was calling for an APB the first half, because he was nowhere to be found.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That was bad... real bad!

Officiating was terrible both ways, as it has been the entire tournament.

All-in-all, I'll take 2nd place with this undermanned team.

Yes we did

Not sure coaching had anything to do with this (and you know I don't like Cal). But this game was won and lost on the court by playmakers of lack of playmakers. There was no special Offense. We didn't see trick Defenses. This game had nothing to do with coaching IMO

Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome. I heard it last night too, but honestly, we got just as many touch fouls as they did. I saw STUPID fouls by both teams. You usually see a couple of fouls where defenders make the dumb mistake of jumping into a Jump Shooter. Last night, both teams did it over and over. Just flat out dumb fouls on both sides.

How, you mean Kanter. I'd sure be disappointed if this team was 100% reliant on Kanter. The same recruiting that brought Kanter to UK, brought Vargas. "Perry" Vargas was the best player in JUCO???????
^ i dont think they would had been up by 20 if jones didnt pick up that second foul.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ i dont think they would had been up by 20 if jones didnt pick up that second foul.

Even with that 2nd Foul, Calipari should have left him in the game!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ i dont think they would had been up by 20 if jones didnt pick up that second foul.

Fouls are part of the game. Jones foul was legit. We are also forgetting that UConn's Giffey (sic) went of of the game in the first half before Jones did. This after Giffey was drilling the three. When he came back in the 2nd half, he was lighting it up, just as Jones did in the 2nd half. So, UConns hot hand went out of the game due to fouls as well.
leecoukfan Wrote:Even with that 2nd Foul, Calipari should have left him in the game!

He should have.:Thumbs:

You are not going to get back into a 20 point game when the ONLY player not intimidated was sitting on the bench. Sitting him did not change the outcome by sitting him. So what if he picked up a 3rd foul, what would have happened, we would have lost by 20? Opps, we did that....
Stardust Wrote:Fouls are part of the game. Jones foul was legit. We are also forgetting that UConn's Giffey (sic) went of of the game in the first half before Jones did. This after Giffey was drilling the three. When he came back in the 2nd half, he was lighting it up, just as Jones did in the 2nd half. So, UConns hot hand went out of the game due to fouls as well.

Jones foul was not legit. I pill post a video of the foul after im done with my holiday eating and complaining with my girlfriends family.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jones foul was not legit. I pill post a video of the foul after im done with my holiday eating and complaining with my girlfriends family.

Were seriously going there again...
First off, I'm a UK fan, but it is so tiring how every game, you hear nothing but how the UK team was screwed by the refs. It's a cheat and senseless argument. All you hear is how the refs changed the game. Sorry, refs did nothing to affect the Cats losing that game yesterday. UConn dominated the inside of last nights game, LONG before anyone got into foul trouble! Whine if you want, botto-line, Defense was lazy; Knight shot terribly; Miller was nowhere to be found; Kemba Walker played like the best player in the nation; and the refs called fouls on every single player on the floor!

Excuses are plenty, Accountability is few!
Uhh I seen two good players on the court for UK.. IDK what you guys are talking about..

Darius Miller and Terrence Jones.
I guess everyone forget about his spurt in the 2nd half..

Okianai or whatever the heck his name is, just man handled us down low in the first...
This is going to keep getting more and more ugly if Cal doesn't get us some help on this inside.
Ballers Wrote:Uhh I seen two good players on the court for UK.. IDK what you guys are talking about..

I saw Darius the first four minutes of the 2nd half! I sure was glad that the bus got him to the game, even though it didn't show up until the 2nd half.
The coaching I was talking about was Calhoun screened, screened, and screened some more and our guys acted like they've never seen a screen before. (That Rhymed) Our guys weren't ready for what was waiting on them and that was apparent. No matter what we adjusted too, UCONN torched it.

We are undermanned. Knight & Liggins are the closest things we have to a point guard. Liggins rarely gets to bring it up, because Cal wants Lamb too when Knight is out of the game and we all seen how much Lamb struggled with someone guarding him in the full court. Knight still thinks he's in high school with taking just about every opportune shot. He has yet to show us that he can create for others. Also, we have zero depth. Only one player that comes off our bench can come in and score 10+ points, being Lamb. Adding Kanter would really help, because that would give us a nice 8 or 9 man rotation.

Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but it was terrible throughout the tourney and even a blind man could see that. But it didn't effect the outcome in this game.
God, please allow Enes to get eligible to give us an inside presence at both ends.
I'm tired of JH just taking up space out there and being useless.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The coaching I was talking about was Calhoun screened, screened, and screened some more and our guys acted like they've never seen a screen before. (That Rhymed) Our guys weren't ready for what was waiting on them and that was apparent. No matter what we adjusted too, UCONN torched it.

We are undermanned. Knight & Liggins are the closest things we have to a point guard. Liggins rarely gets to bring it up, because Cal wants Lamb too when Knight is out of the game and we all seen how much Lamb struggled with someone guarding him in the full court. Knight still thinks he's in high school with taking just about every opportune shot. He has yet to show us that he can create for others. Also, we have zero depth. Only one player that comes off our bench can come in and score 10+ points, being Lamb. Adding Kanter would really help, because that would give us a nice 8 or 9 man rotation.

Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but it was terrible throughout the tourney and even a blind man could see that. But it didn't effect the outcome in this game.

I get that. Yes, they did run off the screen very well. I saw Liggins sveral times try to run around the screen instead of through it. As for depth, I think the team has the depth, just not D1 ready depth. We are still so young and inexperienced. It was nice seeing Jon Hood in the game, and he really played hard. He just had no rhythm, which tells me he does not get to practice with the One's. Besides big men, this team has quality players at all four positions. We have no back-up for Jones, and that will hurt us in the SEC where he will get into foul trouble.
Ballers Wrote:Uhh I seen two good players on the court for UK.. IDK what you guys are talking about..

Okianai or whatever the heck his name is, just man handled us down low in the first...
This is going to keep getting more and more ugly if Cal doesn't get us some help on this inside.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it seems like every game there will be a play or two where Vargas gets really aggressive and show some great post moves, but for the rest of the game he plays with a lack of enthusiasm! I wish there was a way that Calipari could light a fire under his ***! Because, IMO Vargas has the potential to be pretty good in the paint!
leecoukfan Wrote:I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it seems like every game there will be a play or two where Vargas gets really aggressive and show some great post moves, but for the rest of the game he plays with a lack of enthusiasm! I wish there was a way that Calipari could light a fire under his ***! Because, IMO Vargas has the potential to be pretty good in the paint!

So did Perry Stevenson! I will keep my optimism open, but thus far, I have seen nothing from Vargas that makes me believe he will provide the Cats anything more than the old #21 gave us.
Stardust Wrote:First off, I'm a UK fan, but it is so tiring how every game, you hear nothing but how the UK team was screwed by the refs. It's a cheat and senseless argument. All you hear is how the refs changed the game. Sorry, refs did nothing to affect the Cats losing that game yesterday. UConn dominated the inside of last nights game, LONG before anyone got into foul trouble! Whine if you want, botto-line, Defense was lazy; Knight shot terribly; Miller was nowhere to be found; Kemba Walker played like the best player in the nation; and the refs called fouls on every single player on the floor!

Excuses are plenty, Accountability is few!

:Thumbs: I agree 100%. Except I not a huge UK fan. I can take them or leave them. :biggrin:
Aslan Wrote:God, please allow Enes to get eligible to give us an inside presence at both ends.
I'm tired of JH just taking up space out there and being useless.

Josh Harrellson is a beast. Now where's the sarcasm button???
Westside Wrote:Josh Harrellson is a beast. Now where's the sarcasm button???

Every time someone came down the lane, JH would step back and allow a free ride to the rim. I would love to see him try to take a charge or attempt a block.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The coaching I was talking about was Calhoun screened, screened, and screened some more and our guys acted like they've never seen a screen before. (That Rhymed) Our guys weren't ready for what was waiting on them and that was apparent. No matter what we adjusted too, UCONN torched it.

I agree, it had nothing to do with the games outcomes, but boy the refs sure look in preseason form. That was some real bad refing going on and not just the UK games.
Pages: 1 2