Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can UK Beat Washington?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I simply don't know. Washington looked really good last night. They looked really fast and they shot the ball extremely well. Our inside defense is horrible.Last night against Oklahoma one of their guards drove down the lane and I swear I saw Josh H. look at him and then turn away as he scored an easy two. Their Inside lack of defense might catch up with them tonight. I hope I'm wrong! Go Cats!!!!
They can definitely win.
Washington is a really strong team though.
Defense better show up tonight!
Washington is averaging over 100 points a game.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Defense better show up tonight!
Washington is averaging over 100 points a game.

I agree. They score like an NBA team.
This will be Washington's first game that they have to play Defense. Is this a dangerous game for the Cats, yes! Can they win -Absolutely! Great offensive teams generate their points from their defense. they only forced 17 turnovers and had 8 steals. That hardly tells me they are a defensive team. Thus, you have to look at the offensive side. They shot 65% from the three point line. If a team shoot that well from the arc, no one can beat them. Thus, can they shoot that well against UK - odds are against a team to shoot that good on consecutive nights.

I have always hated Calipari three point defense, going back to the days that UK lit up UMass in the 90's, how poor his teams played defense period at Memphis, and last year we did not defend the three well. If the Cats defend the three in this same manner, and Washington can get off the uncontested shot, UK will be playing from behind. However, I just don't think the Huskies can shoot at the clip they did last night.
yeah UK has the talent to beat a very good Washington team.. but I don't think it's going to happen. Washington has a Offense that UK has no chance to keep up with. Kentucky will show how young they are in this game.
Will be one of the best teams that UK plays in the regular season. Will be hard fought and a really good test for this team.
Washington wins this game i think. If UK beats Mich st and Washington they are a top 3 team i think. But i have to take washington tonight by a score of 86-72
Going to be tough but it's very possible.
Very possible to win tonight but we much do it on the defensive side. I was really impressed with Washington last night. Think this will be our first loss though but a great test for us to see what we need to work on. Hope I am wrong though.
Kentucky will lose their first game tonight but sometimes a loss can help a team. I look for Kentucky to fall behind early and then i look for them to play the best defense of the year but it will be too little too late. I sure hope Im wrong. This KY team has to play hard every single minute. If they do they can beat anybody.If harrleson doesnt pick it up we need to go with lamb. Size means nothing if you dont play hard. I believe Josh probably believes he is playing as hard as he can. He seems like such a good man.
If kentucky gets back on defense after a bucket is scored, i say we win by 8+
I think we have a helluva game in store for us today.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If kentucky gets back on defense after a bucket is scored, i say we win by 8+

OK, UK has zero chance of winning then :biggrin:
Its gonna be a good/tough game today.
I think we can pull out a win though.
Goodluck Cats! Play smart.
What time is tipoff
Yes kentucky can. But they can also lose. This is where the upperclassmen need to show the freshman how its done. If Terrence Jones can have another 29 point night. And we can hit the 3, then yes we will win. TongueirateSho

Are problem is going to be in the paint. Josh H. cant keep up with top 10 centers. I hope he proves me wroung tonight!:bball:
Experience versus inexperience will be the key to this game with the CATS losing to the Huskies, then they beat UCONN tomorrow for 3rd place....
^How much experience does Washington have?
If the Cats play just 10% tougher, they might win, but if they don’t eat enough Pop Tart they will get whoop :thatsfunn
UK by 3.
Should be a good game, I will be upset if they lose.
Huskies are favored.
zaga_fan Wrote:^How much experience does Washington have?

They start 2 Seniors, 2 Juniors, and a Sophomore. There 6th man is a RedShirt Freshman.
stardust Wrote:what time is tipoff

9:30
POINTS PER GAME
1st

OVERALL
REBOUNDS PER GAME
3rd
OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME
1st
OVERALL

FIELD GOAL PCT
23rd
OVERALL

this washington has got skills.
UK can and will beat Washington. Terrence won't let them have the satisfaction of beating us. He'll score 50 if he has to.
Yes Kentucky can beat Washington... Only if they come out with heart to play..

UK- 94
UW-87
Go Cats! This will be a huge test for the young Cats.
Stardust Wrote:This will be Washington's first game that they have to play Defense. Is this a dangerous game for the Cats, yes! Can they win -Absolutely! Great offensive teams generate their points from their defense. they only forced 17 turnovers and had 8 steals. That hardly tells me they are a defensive team. Thus, you have to look at the offensive side. They shot 65% from the three point line. If a team shoot that well from the arc, no one can beat them. Thus, can they shoot that well against UK - odds are against a team to shoot that good on consecutive nights.

I have always hated Calipari three point defense, going back to the days that UK lit up UMass in the 90's, how poor his teams played defense period at Memphis, and last year we did not defend the three well. If the Cats defend the three in this same manner, and Washington can get off the uncontested shot, UK will be playing from behind. However, I just don't think the Huskies can shoot at the clip they did last night.

This season, the University of Kentucky has DeAndre Liggins to help defend against their best 3-point shooter. It's tough to shoot 3-pointers against a 6'6" fast, aggressive guard.

catwoman Wrote:Kentucky will lose their first game tonight but sometimes a loss can help a team. I look for Kentucky to fall behind early and then i look for them to play the best defense of the year but it will be too little too late. I sure hope Im wrong. This KY team has to play hard every single minute. If they do they can beat anybody.If harrleson doesnt pick it up we need to go with lamb. Size means nothing if you dont play hard. I believe Josh probably believes he is playing as hard as he can. He seems like such a good man.

Josh Harrellson is a fan favorite! Smile He will be a key factor by the end of the season as he learns his role on the team. He will definitely be a factor if the University of Kentucky doesn't get Enes Kanter by the end of the season.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:This season, the University of Kentucky has DeAndre Liggins to help defend against their best 3-point shooter. It's tough to shoot 3-pointers against a 6'6" fast, aggressive guard.

Josh Harrellson is a fan favorite! Smile He will be a key factor by the end of the season as he learns his role on the team. He will definitely be a factor if the University of Kentucky doesn't get Enes Kanter by the end of the season.

Agreed.
Pages: 1 2