Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bruce Pearl Suspended for 8 SEC League Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was just released by the SEC Commish, Mike Slive, Coach Bruce Pearl will be suspended for the first 8 SEC League games due to his lying to NCAA Investigators. :lmao:
I am going to check and see if they play UK in that stretch or not.
@ARK, FLA, VAN, @UGA, LSU, @MISS, @AUB, ALA,

UK would be Bruce Pearl's first game back (CRAP!) That will probably give them extra motivation against the Cats!
I hear there may be some more punishment to come.
Axel Foley Wrote:I hear there may be some more punishment to come.

That's probably correct.. UT punished him with the pay cut and no off campus recruiting. The SEC has now dealt him this punishment. Now, it's a matter of waiting on what the NCAA will do.
If this was Calipari, he'd have been give the "death sentence".

too bad.
:1:
I was listening to a couple of the ESPN guys in the studio and they were wanting Pearl suspended for the entire season, not just SEC games and then one of them suggested that he be suspended for the NCAA Tournament for two years, they were wanting Pearl to be made an example out of....
^ I hope they do. It's about time that the penalties on coaches become stronger. This will set the stage for the next coach's penalties....
They should have thrown in a few more games for a grown man crying in public.
jetpilot Wrote:They should have thrown in a few more games for a grown man crying in public.

I don't think the crying is close to being over
jetpilot Wrote:They should have thrown in a few more games for a grown man crying in public.

Thats just pitiful!!
I really don't think the suspension will be too much of an obstacle. The way I understand it, the suspension won't prevent Pearl from coaching at practice or traveling with the team. He just can't be with the team two hours before tip off, during the actual game and one hour after the game. During the eight game suspension, he will be allowed to coach in a non-conference game against UConn on January 22nd.
Stardust Wrote:^ I hope they do. It's about time that the penalties on coaches become stronger. This will set the stage for the next coach's penalties....

:Thumbs:
tisk tisk. Thats what happens when you lie. The truth will ALWAYS set you free.
CandyKane Wrote:tisk tisk. Thats what happens when you lie. The truth will ALWAYS set you free.

IDK about all of that..
So your saying if he would have came out and said, "Yes, I knocked the rule
book out of the way and cheated to get recruits"...

Then he'd be ok? And he wouldn't had been suspended?
Highly unlikely.
Stardust Wrote:I don't think the crying is close to being over

Me either, there is more to come from Pearl from what I hear this is just SEC's
punishment and not NCAA. When the NCAA gets a hold of him, I'd say you can expect double of what SEC gave him.

Stardust Wrote:^ I hope they do. It's about time that the penalties on coaches become stronger. This will set the stage for the next coach's penalties....

I don't think it will change much with coaches, but I do look for the punishment to keep getting stiffer.
Ballers Wrote:IDK about all of that..
So your saying if he would have came out and said, "Yes, I knocked the rule
book out of the way and cheated to get recruits"...

Then he'd be ok? And he wouldn't had been suspended?
Highly unlikely.

No....
but if he didn't do this in the first place he wouldn't have got in trouble.
And the SEC admitted since he fessed up they cut his suspension in half....
they were gonna cut him for the season.
zaga_fan Wrote:No....
but if he didn't do this in the first place he wouldn't have got in trouble.
And the SEC admitted since he fessed up they cut his suspension in half....
they were gonna cut him for the season.

But telling the truth has nothing to do with "setting him free"..
Technically he wasn't set free.. He's still suspended.

Telling the truth and not doing it are two totally different things.