Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who should be in the top 10?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and several of my buddies have had this argument for weeks, thought id ask you guys.

Here is mine
Duke- have to say duke is the most dominant team
Mich. St.- In my eyes could hang a banner this season
Ohio St.-The guard they got along with some returning players is great!
Kansas St.- Frank martin and co. will be great this season i think
Pittsburgh-Alot to work with, and expierence, dixon has his team ready
Villanova-I really like Nova this season, really got alot during the off season
North Carolina-Yes they lost 17 games, so what! they have talent and barnes
Kansas- Goo solid team! Alot to work with and Self has proved he can do it
Florida- They got beat but Ohio st is tough team.
Kentucky- They havent proved anything to me. KNight is going to be good. But they are weak inside. I put them in there to keep down arguments on here lol...
Illinois- is right there with the bunch i think- Mckanney or what ever his name is, he is tough!! i like the illini alot this season
Washington is also a team that i like alot- they have alot of talent
In my opinion, Pitt, Florida, UK, and Kansas should all be dropped from the top 10.

Pittsburgh showed they are not that good when they played Rhode Island at home and nearly lost.

Florida has no business being in the top 25, let alone top 10. Ooooo they bring all of their starters back from last year. Big deal. When your 5 starters from last year barely got you to the NCAA Tournament, I'm not sure why you have so much hype for the next year. Plus, they got pounded by an Ohio State team who relied heavily on a departed Evan Turner. While Ohio State looked good against Florida, I will hold my judgment on them until they play someone I know is worthy of a top 25 ranking.

Kentucky shouldn't be in the top 10 simply because they lose everyone from last year. The only starter they have returning is Darius Miller and let's be honest, he may disappear for several games at a time. Just because you have the #1 recruiting class in the nation and went to the elite 8 last year, shouldn't automatically get you a top 10 ranking. Plus, UK has no size unless they can somehow win their appeal with Kanter.

Kansas is basically the same as UK. They lost the heart and soul of their team from last year. No Collins, no Aldrich, and are still waiting on a ruling about Josh Selby. While the Morris twins are good players, you can't convince me that Morningstar and Taylor can fill the shoes of the players who left. And unless Selby gets cleared, Kansas will struggle imo.

Having said that, college basketball is down as a whole. The players aren't nearly as good and the teams definitely aren't. Duke is hands down the team to beat this year and I'm not sure Michigan State could give them a game to this point. Guess we will see as the year goes on.
^Good post.

Also...
Gonzaga should be about 20 lol