Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville-88 vs #18 Butler-73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Cards looked pretty good at times, Ricky P opens up the Yum Center with a win.

Ky boys-

Mack-25pts ,7 rebs

Justice-12pts, 6 rebs, and 2 ast.

Knowles-12pts
wow, cant believe cards won, but congrats
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! What a showing from the mountain boy!
I'll be the first to admit that I was surprised to see Justice coming off the bench that early and gettin' so many minutes, and I'll also be the first to say CONGRATS YOUNG MAN!!!!
Your makin' all the mountains proud!
Keep up the HARD WORK SON!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to see Justice do good. Siva just couldnt quit hacking and fouling. Justice looked tired there at the 3 minute strech and id say it contributed to his free throw shooting. But a good game for the kid/ young man to grow.
Well Well..
Great game Ej.
Well, first off I must say I hate that Louisville won. But...

GREAT first game for Shelby Valley's own Elisha Justice! Kid played 21 minutes and did not look overmatched in the least. In my opinion, he ran the point much more effectively than Peyton Siva, and probably earned himself more playing time in the process. He didn't force any bad shots, made some nice passes, and played pretty good defense. I agree that he seemed to be a little gassed at the end when he short-armed that free throw, but that's just nitpicking. All in all, a great start to what I hope will be a stellar basketball career!

By the way, has anyone looked at the Cards' schedule? Yeesh. Aside from this game, the game with Kentucky, and one at Western KY, the rest of the non-conference schedule is PATHETIC. I would not be surprised if Louisville was 12-0 when they meet up with UK. Oh well, I guess it will be that much sweeter to hand them their first loss of the year... :biggrin:
Butler looked BAD!
Not sure yet how good UL will be.
Nice win

EJ!!!!!
Elisha did look better running the show than Siva.

Being undersized does hurt Elisha somewhat on defense, but he holds his own as he always has against other good guard.

Still would've like to have seen Butler win, but with Elisha playing well, I'll take it.
Mack is Butler this seaon it appears.
I'm happy for Elisha.
Justice, an eastern Kentucky high school player who signed as a walk-on and only received a scholarship after a handful of departures in the offseason, filled in capably when Peyton Siva went to the bench in early foul trouble.

"For a freshman from the hills of Kentucky to come to this environment, he didn't want anybody else to handle the basketball but him," Pitino said. "It speaks volumes of his guts and his heart."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=303200097
Congrats to the Cards on a top 25 win.

Butler just looked really bad, besides Mack(bryan station), they just looked terrible, and Matt Howard might be the most overrated player in the country, he dont look like he wouldnt start for Morhead State....litterally.

Elisha did a very impressive job in his first game, I was actually excited to watch this game.

-Second on his team in -12 points
-played over half the game
-only one turnover
-6 rebounds at PG ( very stud stat)
-never forced and bad shots.

I really think with Silva/Knowles/Justice that Louisville will have solid Guard play the whole season.
Always glad when Ky boys do well. Enjoyed watching Mack, Justice and Knowles. All I can say is that other schools missed the boat on these 3 players.
Butler is terrible, how are they ranked?
On the other hand UL looked good. I like their point guard, he seems to have a pretty good IQ.. When it comes to basketball of course hahaa.
Ballers Wrote:Butler is terrible, how are they ranked?
On the other hand UL looked good. I like their point guard, he seems to have a pretty good IQ.. When it comes to basketball of course hahaa.
Because they were 2 points from being national champions, lol..
Great start to Elisha's college career. He's going to be a solid contributor for Louisville. As a die hard UK fan my entire life I must admit it has been a long time since I was into a ballgame that much. It seemed Justice picked up right where he left his high school career...dribbling around and protecting a lead. Sure there will be bumps in the road that is just part of it but he looked great last night and Louisville is going to be a little better than expected. Some of you may be to young to remember but that team reminds a whole lot of some of Pitino's early UK teams.
Cards are better than many want to admit. This Butler team was atletic, but they flat out could not compete
The Iceboxx Wrote:Congrats to the Cards on a top 25 win.

Butler just looked really bad, besides Mack(bryan station), they just looked terrible, and Matt Howard might be the most overrated player in the country, he dont look like he wouldnt start for Morhead State....litterally.
Elisha did a very impressive job in his first game, I was actually excited to watch this game.

-Second on his team in -12 points
-played over half the game
-only one turnover
-6 rebounds at PG ( very stud stat)
-never forced and bad shots.

I really think with Silva/Knowles/Justice that Louisville will have solid Guard play the whole season.

Morehead has the top mid major post player in the country, so no, he wouldn't start at MSU. He's still a good player though and had a nice second half.

Perhaps Butler isn't all that bad. Maybe Louisville's effort, fueled from the excitement of opening their new arena had something to do with how bad they looked. I thought the Cardinals would lose this game by about 10. After watching the game, I was impressed. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
5timechamp Wrote:Great start to Elisha's college career. He's going to be a solid contributor for Louisville. As a die hard UK fan my entire life I must admit it has been a long time since I was into a ballgame that much. It seemed Justice picked up right where he left his high school career...dribbling around and protecting a lead. Sure there will be bumps in the road that is just part of it but he looked great last night and Louisville is going to be a little better than expected. Some of you may be to young to remember but that team reminds a whole lot of some of Pitino's early UK teams.

I'm not too young...lol. And I agree 100%. I was thinking the same thing last night. They are going to be TUFF the next couple years. Scrappy bunch, with heart! I always hope they loose to UK though...LOL!
Like I said....
Butler is over rated.
Their bigtime guard from last year is playing with my Jazz right now and Mack is about all they have left.
I watched the entire game and Elisha looked great! He even made it on the ESPN highlights with the dish to Jennings and **** Vitale was commenting on how much he liked Justice throughout the game!! Glad to see that he is doing really well!
^EJ just needs to shape up a little on D and he could be a force in a few years for UL.
zaga_fan Wrote:^EJ just needs to shape up a little on D and he could be a force in a few years for UL.

Yeah, with as much playing time Pitino is giving him I think he has a very bright future at UofL!
Butler didn't look to good and Loseville looked better than I thought they would.
WOHOO! Great to open the YUM CENTER in fashion! with a win over a ranked opponent! Now lets keep it up. I cant wait til Dec 31
leecoukfan Wrote:I watched the entire game and Elisha looked great! He even made it on the ESPN highlights with the dish to Jennings and **** Vitale was commenting on how much he liked Justice throughout the game!! Glad to see that he is doing really well!

I heard that! Dickie V giving props to the mountain boy!
Aslan Wrote:Butler looked BAD!
Not sure yet how good UL will be.

Yeah I gotta say that Hayward leaving Butler for the NBA hurt them. They are still a good team IMO, but just an overated good team.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Yeah I gotta say that Hayward leaving Butler for the NBA hurt them. They are still a good team IMO, but just an overated good team.
That's just what Bomani Jones said todat on Around the Horn and it is absolutely the truth. Losing lottery talent killed them plus having Mack out that long with cramps didn't help.
Pages: 1 2