Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (12) Kentucky @ Portland 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts or predictions?
Portland just beat a UC Davis team by 20, that has been in the NCAA tourney recently
UK
If this is the team i watched play the other night, they have a good team... And can and will give UK a good game, but i think UK overcomes the surge and wins by about 5-8... Riley and Stohl forthis team is great players though
UK-79
Portland-72
UK-78
Portland-62
Kentucky 82-68.
The Portland Pilots who lost 4 of their starters from last year are still in a trial and error stage with figuring out which starting lineup will work the best. The Pilots do have several good players with the most notable being Luke Sikma, the son of NBA great Jack Sikma, who is a double-double kind of player who is currently averaging 9.5 ppg and 10 rpg. You also have their best guard in Tanner Riley(only a freshman and also the 6th Man) who averages 14.5 ppg, Jared Stohl with 13 ppg, and Nemanja Mitrovic with 10.5 ppg. Should be interesting how the Cats handle this one! I think they win this one without too much trouble!

Kentucky - 83

Portland - 65
uk by 15
I think the Cats pick another win heading to Maui! Cats by 19
WCC REPRESENT!

UK wins this one even though Portland is from the powerhouse West Coast Conference.
Can someone change UK's ranking in the thread title?
UK is no longer top 10 in either poll.
zaga_fan Wrote:WCC REPRESENT!

UK wins this one even though Portland is from the powerhouse West Coast Conference.

Is this the same conference that Gonzaga is in?
zaga_fan Wrote:WCC REPRESENT!

Well they will be after the new polls come out since Gonzaga got beat and Florida got beat. Plus how is Purdue ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll? Also UNC being as high as they are still bugs the living **** right outta me. They lost 17 games last year and this year they are in the top 10. ACC love at it's best.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well they will be after the new polls come out since Gonzaga got beat and Florida got beat. Plus how is Purdue ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll? Also UNC being as high as they are still bugs the living **** right outta me. They lost 17 games last year and this year they are in the top 10. ACC love at it's best.

:Thumbs:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Is this the same conference that Gonzaga is in?

Yea, its a joke conference to say the least.
UK - 84
Portland - 71

Darius Miller with bout 20.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well they will be after the new polls come out since Gonzaga got beat and Florida got beat. Plus how is Purdue ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll? Also UNC being as high as they are still bugs the living **** right outta me. They lost 17 games last year and this year they are in the top 10. ACC love at it's best.

But that won't happen til Monday Wink
I think traveling to the west coach could be a bit of a challenge for UK but I think they will prevail by 12 points and get back in the top 10.

I'm guessing the voters had UK in the preseason top 10 assuming Kanter would be eligible. Now with him ruled ineligible UK dropped a few spots.
Aslan Wrote:I'm guessing the voters had UK in the preseason top 10 assuming Kanter would be eligible. Now with him ruled ineligible UK dropped a few spots.

Possibly.
Aslan Wrote:I'm guessing the voters had UK in the preseason top 10 assuming Kanter would be eligible. Now with him ruled ineligible UK dropped a few spots.

That's the only reason I can see for them dropping.

Why would last year have anything to do with it? Wasn't this the case with UK last year?
^I still say someone needs to change the rank next to Kentucky in this thread Wink
Stardust Wrote:Why would last year have anything to do with it? Wasn't this the case with UK last year?

True but I agree with Amun-Ra.. they are nowhere near top 10 material..

zaga_fan Wrote:^I still say someone needs to change the rank next to Kentucky in this thread Wink

Oh give it a rest.
Uk
This will be closer than the last game for sure.
Why all the hate on UNC guys? Sure the lost 17 games and went to the NIT, but same for UK the season before. THey were horrible and went to the NIT and come back ranked really high.. I for one like the hells this season they ahve a lot of potential and harrison barnes is a BEAST
I watched North Carolina last night, yes I know it was against Hofstra, but they looked pretty good. Nice depth, nice front court with size and length and the back court could be suspect. However, Harrison Barnes is the man of that team.
If nobody else will man up and change the ranking, I will.
Kentucky 82-66.
Pages: 1 2