Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Newton cheated while enrolled at Florida
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NEW YORK (AP)—Foxsports.com is reporting that Auburn quarterback Cameron Newton had three instances of academic cheating while attending Florida and faced potential expulsion from the university.

Newton was arrested for the theft of a laptop from a Florida student’s dorm room in November 2008. The website reported late Monday night that Newton again violated the university’s honor code by putting his name on another student’s paper and turning it in.

Related Video Cam Newton's troubles Cam Newton's troubles

Auburn's SEC title hunt

TCU-Boise title game?
More NCAAF Videos Newton then turned in a second paper to the instructor, but it was later found to have been purchased off the Internet.

His father, Cecil Newton Sr., declined comment to Foxsports.com.

“I wasn’t there,” the elder Newton said. “I cannot confirm or deny. At a time like this, I’m taking a defensive posture.”

The NCAA is reviewing the recruitment of Newton
Kick him out of college football NOW. The world doesnt need to see Auburn mentioned as a possible title contender (although Bama's gonna put the smackdown on them and end that nonsense). The world NEVER needs to see Auburn mentioned as a possible title contender, so I would support the NCAA's ruling if they forever banned him from college football.
^lol
but if Bama beats em the SEC doesn't get another title though
This is prob just a bunch of bs.
... Hmmm I wonder if the ball will get rolling on these issues? I would hate for the year to come down to the championship game with a default champion.
Everyone wants to bring down a winner.

If Auburn wasn't undefeated this would've never been brought up.
Is it a coincidence that Cam Newton has had private school records leaked out to the media, mostly to Pete Thamel, New York Times and Pat Forde, ESPN???? These are the same two people that led the story against Eric Bledsoe and his transcripts from high school... And there is one thing in common between Eric Bledsoe and Cam Newton, FLORIDA..... Florida has again released private and confidential school records to the media, this cannot and is not a coincidence.... The gentleman that was involved in the so called $200,000 for Newton's services, has denied any wrong doing in this matter, this is a matter of he said , she said mess and the media has taken pure gossip and ran several stories about Newton with NO FACTS.... But, of course, since they work for the media, they get to invoke the first constitutional amendment, freedom of speech.... Freedom of Speech to publish what they want to sell papers, with NO FACTS and nobody to back up their story.... This is a disgrace to Cam Newton and his accomplishments this year, Cam Newton is the BEST College Football Player in America, hands down..... It's just funny, how this story is just now coming out when they are getting ready to play Georgia, Alabama and possibly Florida for the SEC Championship, you did not hear about this the week they were set to play Kentucky, LSU or Mississippi State... Again, the common factor here is FLORIDA....
http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1150363

just some interesting read on Cam Newton from a Florida Source about academics in question...
zaga_fan Wrote:^lol
but if Bama beats em the SEC doesn't get another title though
I would root against the SEC if Auburn or Tennessee makes the title game..I am not above that, and havent been in the past, lol..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Everyone wants to bring down a winner.

Exactly, if the QB from well some small non-winning D-1 College was found with a stolen laptop, the only news it would make would be the local if that.

It's a load of BS. Just let Auburn play football.
Pride and Football Wrote:Exactly, if the QB from well some small non-winning D-1 College was found with a stolen laptop, the only news it would make would be the local if that.

It's a load of BS. Just let Auburn play football.

It didn't much convince anyone when Cam's comment was "I won't say if I did or I didn't, because it really doesn't bother me...". Until I heard him utter those words, I was on his side. After that, well it just made me think he is a nicer Reggie Bush!
wow, I am shocked; A college athlete cheating on class work!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Everyone wants to bring down a winner.

Ain't this the truth.
Aslan Wrote:This is prob just a bunch of bs.

Im with you.
Who cares what he did at UF? He is at Auburn.

I am about sick of this stuff. The media just needs to stay out of sports, because nothing is ever reported about the actual game. You don't see 5 highlights on SC. It's all about Brett Farve, Cam Newton, Mike Vick, LeBron James, blah blah blah. REPORT ON THE GAMES, I don't care about the rest.