Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky's favorable schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK, in another reloading year, along with the unceartainty of Kanter has a very manageable schedule.

Based on Preseason Rankings, the Cats only have 5 games against Ranked teams:

12/4 #9 UNC
2/5 #11 Florida
2/8 #20 UT
2/26 #11 Florida
3/6 #20 UT
Stardust Wrote:UK, in another reloading year, along with the unceartainty of Kanter has a very manageable schedule.

Based on Preseason Rankings, the Cats only have 5 games against Ranked teams:

2/5 #11 Florida
2/8 #20 UT
2/26 #11 Florida
3/6 #20 UT

Us and Florida will be good games, I say will split the series, and WE BETTER BEAT UT.
LOL, no matter what UK sport, SD is going to complain about the schedule.
MVP2 Wrote:LOL, no matter what UK sport, SD is going to complain about the schedule.

Lol, not in Basketball. This cats team needs the favorable schedule. This certainly allows them to grow as a team, which will be tougher than last year no matter what anyone thinks. I like this schedule in that the Cats should be able to stay in the top 10-15 no matter how they do record wise.
Yes a favorable schedule would help with development.
Well probably play a ranked team in the Maui.
Cal has tried to schedule tougher opponents but they won't have it.
Maui has two ranked teams in it besides UK, in #2 Michigan State & #18 Washington.

Certainly doesn't mean that we will play either, but you never know.
Aslan Wrote:Well probably play a ranked team in the Maui.
Cal has tried to schedule tougher opponents but they won't have it.

Like who? or do you know?
SweetLemonade Wrote:Like who? or do you know?

Well the Maui Invitational will feature:

(2)Michigan State
(10)Kentucky
(17)Washington
Wichita State who received 28 votes in the AP Poll
UConn
Oklahoma
Virginia
Chaminade
UK plays the winner of Washington and Virgina, which means well probably be playing Washington. We have a good chance of playing Michigan St in the finals if we make it.
Has Cal ever played a tough schedule
When he was at Memphis they always were a threat to go undefeated for this very reason
btw UNC is overrated
UK plays a decent schedule... I think they have a chnace at staying in the tip 10 all season.. especially with kanter in the lineup.. Without kanter there in trouble i think
What other top team plays a tougher schedule?
You do realize UK has the 2nd hardest schedule in the nation, correct?
zaga_fan Wrote:Has Cal ever played a tough schedule
When he was at Memphis they always were a threat to go undefeated for this very reason
btw UNC is overrated

It's not neccesarily Cal's fault of the schedule. Your primary schedule is your conference. Obviously based on the preseason poll, the SEC is getting no love. As for this years schedule, it's not really a bad schedule from quality. Yeah, there are some cupcakes, but teams like Notre Dame, Louisville, Indiana are all quality teams with a good history. You can almost guarentee one of those three teams will end the season in the top 25, and more than likely more than just three SEC teams will be in the top 25 before the season is over.
BCF4L Wrote:You do realize UK has the 2nd hardest schedule in the nation, correct?

:Thumbs:
# of top 25 games on schedule of just a few

dUKe - #2, #9, #9, #18, #22, #23
Mich. St - #1, #5, #8, #8, #13, #16, #16, #24, #24, #25
UNC - #1, #1, #10, #16, #23
Kansas St - #7, #7, #11, #12, #12, #14, #15, #15, #23, #25
BCF4L Wrote:You do realize UK has the 2nd hardest schedule in the nation, correct?

Nope!

No lol. That's incorrect.
Good schedule with the work that needs to be done with this team. This is the type of schedule needed to help develop these young players.

According to who?
The Zags have a harder schedule IMO.
Even with all the cupcakes in the WCC
zaga_fan Wrote:According to who?
According to an article I read. I've been looking for the article, but can't seem to find it. When I do, I will post it.

However, as of right now, and UK not playing the first team, UK has the 11th toughest SOS according to the RPI.
zaga_fan Wrote:Has Cal ever played a tough schedule
btw UNC is overrated

Actually, Calipari usually does play a pretty tough schedule. His Memphis teams were known for playing numerous tough out-of-conference games to compensate for the weak conference they played in. Now that he plays in a better conference, he doesn't need to have a brutal slate of nonconference games anymore.

zaga_fan Wrote:According to who?

You're kidding, right? I just looked at Gonzaga's schedule, and it's not harder than UK's. I do give them props for setting up a very tough nonconference schedule, but with St. Mary's expected to be down this year, the overall is much weaker than UK's. A look at some of the better teams on each team's schedule:

UK = North Carolina, Notre Dame, Louisville, Indiana, Florida (x2), Tennessee (x2), Georgia (x2), Mississippi St., Ole Miss; likely game w/ Washington, poss. game w/ Michigan St.

Gonzaga = Kansas St., San Diego St., Illinois, Notre Dame, Baylor, Xavier, Oklahoma St., Wake Forest, Memphis

UK still has the edge.
This is from ESPN, no more than 2 minutes ago in regards to strength of schedule (Gonzaga checked in at #1)...

Kentucky gets the nod at No. 5 for its willingness to take another young team on the road. The Cats open the season at the Rose Garden against Portland -- an emerging program in the WCC -- and follow up with true road games at North Carolina and Louisville, the latter of which should make for a rather entertaining New Year's Eve in the Commonwealth (even though Louisville won't be in typical form this season). Assuming John Calipari's team handles Oklahoma in the first round of the Maui, they're likely to get a chance to knock off budding rival Washington, and if Kentucky wins that game, Michigan State is the probable final-round opponent. That's tantalizing stuff, and even if the latter game doesn't happen, we'll get a pretty good idea of what to expect from this somehow-even-younger UK team in the first month of the season.
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, Calipari usually does play a pretty tough schedule. His Memphis teams were known for playing numerous tough out-of-conference games to compensate for the weak conference they played in. Now that he plays in a better conference, he doesn't need to have a brutal slate of nonconference games anymore.

You're kidding, right? I just looked at Gonzaga's schedule, and it's not harder than UK's. I do give them props for setting up a very tough nonconference schedule, but with St. Mary's expected to be down this year, the overall is much weaker than UK's. A look at some of the better teams on each team's schedule:

UK = North Carolina, Notre Dame, Louisville, Indiana, Florida (x2), Tennessee (x2), Georgia (x2), Mississippi St., Ole Miss; likely game w/ Washington, poss. game w/ Michigan St.

Gonzaga = Kansas St., San Diego St., Illinois, Notre Dame, Baylor, Xavier, Oklahoma St., Wake Forest, Memphis

UK still has the edge.

BCF4L Wrote:This is from ESPN, no more than 2 minutes ago in regards to strength of schedule (Gonzaga checked in at #1)...

Kentucky gets the nod at No. 5 for its willingness to take another young team on the road. The Cats open the season at the Rose Garden against Portland -- an emerging program in the WCC -- and follow up with true road games at North Carolina and Louisville, the latter of which should make for a rather entertaining New Year's Eve in the Commonwealth (even though Louisville won't be in typical form this season). Assuming John Calipari's team handles Oklahoma in the first round of the Maui, they're likely to get a chance to knock off budding rival Washington, and if Kentucky wins that game, Michigan State is the probable final-round opponent. That's tantalizing stuff, and even if the latter game doesn't happen, we'll get a pretty good idea of what to expect from this somehow-even-younger UK team in the first month of the season.

I guess zaga was right!
Stardust Wrote:I guess zaga was right!

Yes, yes he was!
Looks like someone was ringing the cowbell a little too hard Wink

GET SOME!
lol
Lol, I was getting ready to give you **** Zaga until I see the rest..

So we know the Zags have a tougher schedule.. But how are they going to fair??
Is it gonna be a long year for them? Will they make it to the tourney?
Ballers Wrote:Lol, I was getting ready to give you **** Zaga until I see the rest..

So we know the Zags have a tougher schedule.. But how are they going to fair??
Is it gonna be a long year for them? Will they make it to the tourney?

L...O...L

Even if they lose their first 15 games they would still get an automatic bid lol
zaga_fan Wrote:L...O...L

Even if they lose their first 15 games they would still get an automatic bid lol

Because of their weak conference?
Pages: 1 2