Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3) TCU - 47 (5) Utah-7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats 'Frogs. Thoughts?

I believe if any of the non-BCS teams gets in, it should be TCU, definately after tonight.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Congrats 'Frogs. Thoughts?

I believe if any of the non-BCS teams gets in, it should be TCU, definately after tonight.

I agree that TCU has done enough. But, beating Utah was what they did tonight. Utah is not exactly a national powerhouse, they beat Pitt, the only ranked team on their schedule
Still. Anytime you beat the #5 Team in the nation, it's impressive.
Utah has a tough offense to stop and TCU beat it into the ground.

I think TCU/Boise plays each other in another BCS bowl, like last season, that is if Auburn can win out. Because if the Tigers do, they'll be playing Oregon in the National Championship.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Still. Anytime you beat the #5 Team in the nation, it's impressive.

Yeah
unless it is utah
thats a beat down
I think TCU proved tonight that they deserve a shot at the National Title game tonight! It would have been one thing to beat Utah but the dominated them and embarrassed them on their own field!
zaga_fan Wrote:Yeah
unless it is utah

Utah has a respectable program and to beat them like this is impressive. Remember when they beat the dog crap out of a good Alabama team a few years ago.
TCU beat a top 5 team because it was Utah.
Man this bcs junk is gonna give me a heart attack, watch and see if Boise aint playin TCU again this year.
If Auburn gets past Bama they should win Georgia and probably Fla in the SEC championship. I dont see Oregon losing so im hoping for a Oregon/Auburn national championship game.
I wish theyd move all these Boises and TCUs and Utahs into division 2 or something and get them out of the way for real teams to play. Bama has lost two games this year and would dominate all of those teams so theyll be setting at the house while these teams play valley community college every week and ease into bcs games.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:TCU beat a top 5 team because it was Utah.
Man this bcs junk is gonna give me a heart attack, watch and see if Boise aint playin TCU again this year.
If Auburn gets past Bama they should win Georgia and probably Fla in the SEC championship. I dont see Oregon losing so im hoping for a Oregon/Auburn national championship game.
I wish theyd move all these Boises and TCUs and Utahs into division 2 or something and get them out of the way for real teams to play. Bama has lost two games this year and would dominate all of those teams so theyll be setting at the house while these teams play valley community college every week and ease into bcs games.

[Image: You_mad_grimace.jpg]
vundy33 Wrote:[Image: You_mad_grimace.jpg]

a little lol :biggrin:
Didnt Utah beat Alabama like 31-17 a few years ago... These teams are good your not in the top 5 for no reason
CardinalAlum Wrote:Didnt Utah beat Alabama like 31-17 a few years ago... These teams are good your not in the top 5 for no reason

Serious? Ok, you could be a top 5 team if you played and beat top 10 teams along the way / or / you could be given a higher ranking each week by continuing to beat no-name teams while all the other teams that play in legit conferences beat the crap out of each other.

Just because a team is highly ranked does not make them a great team. It just means they have out lasted all the other great teams and been "given" a higher rank by default!
Stardust Wrote:Serious? Ok, you could be a top 5 team if you played and beat top 10 teams along the way / or / you could be given a higher ranking each week by continuing to beat no-name teams while all the other teams that play in legit conferences beat the crap out of each other.

Just because a team is highly ranked does not make them a great team. It just means they have out lasted all the other great teams and been "given" a higher rank by default!

but they wouldn't be ranked high enough to be moved up by beating no-name teams if they weren't good.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:but they wouldn't be ranked high enough to be moved up by beating no-name teams if they weren't good.

Exactly.
I agree with Stardust. Utah is not that good and should not have been ranked #5. They have beat one team with a winning record (Pitt 6-4). The teams they have beaten have a combined record of 25-51 yet they were still ranked #5.
Westside Wrote:I agree with Stardust. Utah is not that good and should not have been ranked #5. They have beat one team with a winning record (Pitt 6-4). The teams they have beaten have a combined record of 25-51 yet they were still ranked #5.

I want to correct myself. Air Force also has a winning record (5-3).
Congrats TCU, NO CONTEST!
Westside Wrote:I agree with Stardust. Utah is not that good and should not have been ranked #5. They have beat one team with a winning record (Pitt 6-4). The teams they have beaten have a combined record of 25-51 yet they were still ranked #5.

:Thumbs:
I wish Oregon and Auburn would get beat!