Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cam Newton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard he was accused of being shopped for 200,000 to play for Auburn.

Any facts?
Trouble is a-brewing
Definetly agree with stardust.
This will be nothing. It's alot to explain. Here ya go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5768636
This is bad, But everyone knows that things like this actually happen.. S o maybe it did with Cam
Hope everything goes well, hate to see this athlete get in trouble.
My understanding is that Auburn has nothing to do with it. He is being accused of being shopped to Miss. State.
Panther Thunder Wrote:My understanding is that Auburn has nothing to do with it. He is being accused of being shopped to Miss. State.

Hm, I've heard both.
They will probably drop it all until Bowl time, then all of a sudden it'll be brought back up, for publicity.
The timing of all of this being leaked seems off to me! I mean, come on, we are talking about something that was happening last year and we are just now getting it leaked when Auburn HAPPENS to be in a very favorable BCS position? What are the odds?

Typically, where there is smoke, there is fire, but the trickling out of information that the NCAA and SEC had MONTHS ago seems a little too coincidental for me! From what I am reading, however, his recruitment by Auburn is not in question, while the process at Mississippi State is? Seems odd to me.... maybe the financial statements that the Newton's surrendered showed nothing out of character. I would think that if there had been something off with them that he would already be riding the pine pony instead of getting ready to lay a beating on Georgia! JMHO
PHS95 Wrote:The timing of all of this being leaked seems off to me! I mean, come on, we are talking about something that was happening last year and we are just now getting it leaked when Auburn HAPPENS to be in a very favorable BCS position? What are the odds?

Typically, where there is smoke, there is fire, but the trickling out of information that the NCAA and SEC had MONTHS ago seems a little too coincidental for me! From what I am reading, however, his recruitment by Auburn is not in question, while the process at Mississippi State is? Seems odd to me.... maybe the financial statements that the Newton's surrendered showed nothing out of character. I would think that if there had been something off with them that he would already be riding the pine pony instead of getting ready to lay a beating on Georgia! JMHO

This is the way things happen. Happens every day - ala Favre/Sturgeon the week before the Jets game. It's divulge when you can make the most money or the biggest impact!
LOL..I LOVE Cecil Newton. Keep on talkin', Cecil! Bring the NCAA 5-0's right to the Auburn door! LOL!!

By the way, GO DAWGS!
Cecil Newton is to blame here. Another man of the cloth...
Cam Newton is the real deal but I see this as his last year in a collegiate uniform. No Heisman, no BCS championship, just a fat NFL contract in his future and vacated wins for Auburn.
OffensiveGuru Wrote:Cecil Newton is to blame here. Another man of the cloth...
Cam Newton is the real deal but I see this as his last year in a collegiate uniform. No Heisman, no BCS championship, just a fat NFL contract in his future and vacated wins for Auburn.

Agree 100% :Thumbs:
It's starting to get a little old because that is all you are hear about. C Newton
I dont believe anything will happen about it now.