Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BMSAC Football Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to the 7th & 8th grade teams in the finals.
8th Grade Championship Game
Georgetown Middle - 48
Woodford Co. Middle - 14

7th Grade Championship
Scott Co. Middle - 34
Clark Middle - 0

All teams showed why they deserved to be there. Scores are no indication of how the teams played.
I am of the opinion that if the Bluegrass Conference were involved in the KYMSFA playoffs, Georgetown Middle would be state champs. This team was loaded and faced no real challengers all year! Nothing against the teams that won, but the best team in state may not have been in the tournament.
If the Darling kid at Georgetown was second string, then you must have been loaded. I have seen him play before and he was a very good kid to play against, strong, tough and also would help you up after he ran over you.
MaysvilleBulldog Wrote:I am of the opinion that if the Bluegrass Conference were involved in the KYMSFA playoffs, Georgetown Middle would be state champs. This team was loaded and faced no real challengers all year! Nothing against the teams that won, but the best team in state may not have been in the tournament.

That's a shame. Any thought about joining next year.
Georgetown is a member of the KYMSFA. I thought I saw this somewhere.
The state playoffs go on at the same time as their confrence playoffs. That group has not lost a game in two years and I do not think they have even had a close game in two years. They are members but that does not mean they will play
Having Coached aganist both Georgetown middle and Johnson Co middle I would have to say Georgetown could do very well in the middle school state tourny.:Thumbs:
CBW57 Wrote:Having Coached aganist both Georgetown middle and Johnson Co middle I would have to say Georgetown could do very well in the middle school state tourny.:Thumbs:

Maybe so but Corbin would of still had their way with them. No way they beat Corbin.
Beat them maybe. Had their way with them? No way.
I have several coaches in the Greater Fayette County area tell me that they will never play in the State Tournement.
Where are the Clark Co, Madison Co, Woodford Co, Scott Co and Fayette Co public schools.
Northern Kentucky Conference says they will never play in the State Playoffs either. Boone County doesnt have middle School football and Highlands wont play outside of their own leauge. Lots of talented teams in NKY area every year.
barrel Wrote:Beat them maybe. Had their way with them? No way.

Beat them? Since there is no way to prove anything being said here so I'll just say that Corbin would have to work hard to beat them so I'll just say that if they play each other Corbin would win by 32.:notworthy
I have to agree they are alot of very good middle school teams that do not play in the state tourny.I think its very hard to crown a state champ when not all the teams play in the tourny.:rockon:
One reason that Georgetown Middle cannot get into the playoffs is that when the playoffs start we are still in the regular season. There were two regular season games left when the playoffs started. The conference championship game wasn't until November 2.
Ram-Fan Wrote:If the Darling kid at Georgetown was second string, then you must have been loaded. I have seen him play before and he was a very good kid to play against, strong, tough and also would help you up after he ran over you.
Urion Darling is a hard nose player. Yes he was the 2nd string fullback. But he was starting MLB. Very good player and coachable.