Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What would UK's Record be if Locke wasn't injured?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think? Would UK have a better record?
The same
I really think we would have a win or two. 4th quarter against Auburn, I think we could have won it, and the Miss St game.
The same it is now.
With Locke, we possibly could have beat Miss St but prolly not GA with all of the turnovers we had.
This is interesting. I have been hearing for quite a while about how if Locke played the Cats might have a chance. Interesting.
If Locke plays against Vandy and Tenn. We have a chance to win out. and have a chance to extend the Bowl streak.
The record would be the same.
Locke is good but I think we need to keep up the Hartline-Cobb connection to win games.
I just don't see Locke as a difference maker in these games.
IMO the running game does not need to be UKs strong-suit to win in the SEC.
With the way our D plays we pretty much have to outscore someone and we need to get up and down the field ASAP lol

I don't know if that makes much sense to anyone on here but that's my crazy thought process Wink
I honestly think we would have beat Auburn, UGA and Miss St with Locke. Lets take a look at our turnover ratio w/ and w/out Locke. Not only that but also yards on the ground. We went from one of the best teams in the SEC for producing rushing yards and not turning over the ball. W/ Out Locke we have became one of the worst teams in the SEC at running the ball and have put the ball on the ground by running backs 5 or 6 times in the past 3 games. In addition as we seen this past weekend not having Locke allows the corners to play off and to blitz like crazy which has proven to be detremintal without a running game. So IMO with Locke you make the D respect the run and it frees up Cobb, King and Matthews more and gives Hartline more time in the PA and it gives us a better outlet on the edge if Locke isnt pass blocking.
It's all irrelevant. What if Cam Newton was our quarterback instead of Hartline or Morgan Newton.

If 'if's and nuts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas'.
The only game we might have won is the Mississippi State game because Sanders took way too long to hit the hole while Locke would have hit them sooner.

Auburn would not have mattered we were already down at halftime by a large margin because our defense could not stop them in first half.

Georgia made too many turnovers to make a difference. And again defense could not stop Georgia from scoring.

So unless Locke was there to play defense it would not have mattered.
64cat Wrote:It's all irrelevant. What if Cam Newton was our quarterback instead of Hartline or Morgan Newton.

:Thumbs:
64cat Wrote:It's all irrelevant. What if Cam Newton was our quarterback instead of Hartline or Morgan Newton.

Definitely