Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 56 Lex Cath 28 (State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Corbin went up to Lexington and just steamrolled their way to the State Title for the second year in a row. Yesterdays 38-0 win over Caldwell County was just a preview of what was to come today. Corbin's backfield may be one of the most impressive if not the most impressive backfields I have seen at the Middle School level. Congrats to the Hounds and great effort by the Knights. Best of luck to both teams as they move on to Big Boy Ball next season.
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin went up to Lexington and just steamrolled their way to the State Title for the second year in a row. Yesterdays 38-0 win over Caldwell County was just a preview of what was to come today. Corbin's backfield may be one of the most impressive if not the most impressive backfields I have seen at the Middle School level. Congrats to the Hounds and great effort by the Knights. Best of luck to both teams as they move on to Big Boy Ball next season.

Corbin is in a class all by themselves. We played maybe our best offensive games of the year and still got beat by 28. Reese Ryan passed for 341 yds and 4 touchdowns on 15-25 attempts against Corbin's 1st team (except of the last TD pass) but Lex Cath couldn't stop Corbin's running game in which they scored everytime they had the ball. I 've been saying all year that they are the best team in any division but I really didn't know how good they really are. Congrats Corbinites.:1::1:
You guys have a heck of a team too. The QB has a cannon, especially for Middle School. Also liked the big tall receivers out there. I understand one of them along with some other key players were 7th graders. Thanks for the kind words for the Hounds. It sucks that someone had to lose but we have to hand it to the Corbin kids. They were on a mission.
Congrats Corbin, your neighbors to the south were rooting for you. It was clear after the Saturday games that Corbin, Williamsburg and S. Pulaski were the best teams in the tournament. Wouldn't mind a little tournament amongst us to see who really is the best team in the state.
Newjacket Wrote:Congrats Corbin, your neighbors to the south were rooting for you. It was clear after the Saturday games that Corbin, Williamsburg and S. Pulaski were the best teams in the tournament. Wouldn't mind a little tournament amongst us to see who really is the best team in the state.

why wold Corbin need to do that? They pounded S pulaski by 30 pts last year in the playoffs and they beat Williamsburg 3 or 4 weeks ago. Corbin is the best middleschool team in the state of KY (IMO).Dont tink I'm trashing Wiliamsburg or S Pulaski cause I think you both have very good teams but Corbin is in their own class. I've said this many times before Lex Cath got slammed today .
knighted Wrote:why wold Corbin need to do that? They pounded S pulaski by 30 pts last year in the playoffs and they beat Williamsburg 3 or 4 weeks ago. Corbin is the best middleschool team in the state of KY (IMO).Dont tink I'm trashing Wiliamsburg or S Pulaski cause I think you both have very good teams but Corbin is in their own class. I've said this many times before Lex Cath got slammed today .

Did you see Williamsburg this weekend? I know we lost to Corbin earlier this year and they are easily the best team we have played and I don't think anyone has made any excuses, but Corbin did not stop our offense any better than other teams we have played. We made too many mistakes that night. A penalty 60 yards away from the ball negated a touchdown. A blocked punt due to a mishandled snap . A kickoff return and a couple of fumbles. All part of the game and as I said we haven't complained or made excuses, but certainly enough to make you think a rematch could be a whale of a game.
I would just like to say the Lex. Cath. gave us a run for our money...by far the the BEST team we faced all season....and to newjacket...we would completely embarasse you in a rematch...I guess the first loss wasnt good enough for you to see who the better team was, IMO I would have love to seen us in D1.
redhound93 Wrote:I would just like to say the Lex. Cath. gave us a run for our money...by far the the BEST team we faced all season....and to newjacket...we would completely embarasse you in a rematch...I guess the first loss wasnt good enough for you to see who the better team was, IMO I would have love to seen us in D1.

I would of really of loved to see you in D1, for selfish reasons of course. LOL
Corbin would run thru D1 , D2 and especially D3 ,LOL. Nice team redhound. The only other time I've been this enamoured by a team was the Bowling Green team Last year.
redhound93 Wrote:I would just like to say the Lex. Cath. gave us a run for our money...by far the the BEST team we faced all season....and to newjacket...we would completely embarasse you in a rematch...I guess the first loss wasnt good enough for you to see who the better team was, IMO I would have love to seen us in D1.

Hey, you and Knighted can laugh all you want, but you know as well as I do that we scored on you virtually every time we had the ball. Check the tape if your memory is fading. There were only four times we had the ball and didn't score. 1. The afore mentioned penalty that negated a touchdown. We had the ball at our 20 and our QB was on your 20 getting ready to score when the phantom flag flys back at the line of scrimmage 60 yards from the ball. Should have been offsetting if anything but instead we were backed up to the 5 yard line and the ensuing blocked punt gave you the ball 1st and goal. 2 and 3 were fumbles. It was a wet field if you remember. 4 was at the end of the game when we were throwing hail marys. We still scored 28 points, the same as Catholic. You on the other hand only scored 40 on us vs 56 on Catholic and considering we pretty much gave you two touchdowns, the game was much closer than the score would indicate.
knighted Wrote:I would of really of loved to see you in D1, for selfish reasons of course. LOL
Corbin would run thru D1 , D2 and especially D3 ,LOL. Nice team redhound. The only other time I've been this enamoured by a team was the Bowling Green team Last year.

Why the change in heart? Two weeks ago you were giving Williamsburg all kinds of love, but now just a bunch if trash talk??????
Old_Jacket Wrote:Why the change in heart? Two weeks ago you were giving Williamsburg all kinds of love, but now just a bunch if trash talk??????

Right Old Jacket, how can they think a team they scored on every single time they had the ball is the best team they have played?
No disrespect to Corbin at all great team. But be honest with yourself about the blowout that you think would happen. Because if it hadn't been for your director of parks and rec. Throwing the flag on the wide receiver for holding on the opposite side of the field away from the play we go into the half with the lead and a differant game. And then said official tried to give you 2 points on a conversion that wasn't even close it had to be overruled by the other ref that was also a Corbin grad. Hey u did beat us but is was not a blowout. And congrats to all of corbins kids and there transfers great job
Congrats Corbin, thought Cath could win it, I was wrong.

And as for the arguing, its obvious Corbin was the best team in the state this year cause they won the state championship, end of discussion.
Neither I or anyone other Jackets fan has said anything other than we think a rematch would be a great game. It was Knighted and Redhound93 that started the trash talking. I recognize Knighted is a Lex Catholic fan and would like to think his team was Corbin's greatest foe and I realize Corbin is coming off a big win and Redhound93 wants to think they played this great team for the championship, but upon further recollection I'm sure he will come to his senses. Fact is our offense was only stopped on downs once and we stopped them on downs 4-5 times. The difference that day was special teams. Now that is a legitimate part of the game and we have never begrudged Corbin for winning the game. There were several Jacket fans that stayed to watch Corbin and they were rooting for Corbin just as hard as they rooted for the Jackets. The only thing we are saying is we gave Corbin a real scare and that we could have (not would have or should have) won if we hadn't made some key errors. Lex Catholic was never in the game today and were not even a real challenge. Not trash talking, just stating facts.
SweetLemonade Wrote:Congrats Corbin, thought Cath could win it, I was wrong.

And as for the arguing, its obvious Corbin was the best team in the state this year cause they won the state championship, end of discussion.

Uh, so did we. Are you saying being D2 automatically makes them better than a D3 team. Guess that means Southern Pulaski is the best team since they won D1.
buzz Wrote:No disrespect to Corbin at all great team. But be honest with yourself about the blowout that you think would happen. Because if it hadn't been for your director of parks and rec. Throwing the flag on the wide receiver for holding on the opposite side of the field away from the play we go into the half with the lead and a differant game. And then said official tried to give you 2 points on a conversion that wasn't even close it had to be overruled by the other ref that was also a Corbin grad. Hey u did beat us but is was not a blowout. And congrats to all of corbins kids and there transfers great job

Don't try to make it sound like Corbin had the officials on there side that night. Those refs also call home games down in Williamsburg. On the 2 point you referred to the official on the Williamsburg sideline ruled it no good even though the ball was ran to the Corbin side. The # of penalties against Corbin was almost double that of Wiliamsburg. I recall Corbin kicking off from the 15 yardline due to questionable penalties. Then you claim Corbin didn't stop Williamsburg, yet turnovers are defensive stops. Thats part of the game and Corbin focus' on creating turnovers. Williamsburg has a great team, and might be the second best team in the State. However, to even sit and argue that they are on the same level of Corbin is absurd. BTW the final score was 44-28 and at one point in the game it was 44-16 yet you fail to mention that. Right now is the time to take pride in your State Championship and celebrate, dont get on forums and try to start trash talking. As for the "transfer" comment I noticed Williamsburg has a big new linemen who just came from whitley county in time for the state tournament.
Newjacket Wrote:Neither I or anyone other Jackets fan has said anything other than we think a rematch would be a great game. It was Knighted and Redhound93 that started the trash talking. I recognize Knighted is a Lex Catholic fan and would like to think his team was Corbin's greatest foe and I realize Corbin is coming off a big win and Redhound93 wants to think they played this great team for the championship, but upon further recollection I'm sure he will come to his senses. Fact is our offense was only stopped on downs once and we stopped them on downs 4-5 times. The difference that day was special teams. Now that is a legitimate part of the game and we have never begrudged Corbin for winning the game. There were several Jacket fans that stayed to watch Corbin and they were rooting for Corbin just as hard as they rooted for the Jackets. The only thing we are saying is we gave Corbin a real scare and that we could have (not would have or should have) won if we hadn't made some key errors. Lex Catholic was never in the game today and were not even a real challenge. Not trash talking, just stating facts.

Your offense was only stopped on downs once and Corbins 4-5? Williamsburg scored on less than 50% of there offensive possessions and Corbin scored on more than 50% of there offensive possessions. Key errors=Big Excuses. Big Hits produce turnovers, that's exactly what happened. Why start an argument like this? Be happy with your great season.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Don't try to make it sound like Corbin had the officials on there side that night. Those refs also call home games down in Williamsburg. On the 2 point you referred to the official on the Williamsburg sideline ruled it no good even though the ball was ran to the Corbin side. The # of penalties against Corbin was almost double that of Wiliamsburg. I recall Corbin kicking off from the 15 yardline due to questionable penalties. Then you claim Corbin didn't stop Williamsburg, yet turnovers are defensive stops. Thats part of the game and Corbin focus' on creating turnovers. Williamsburg has a great team, and might be the second best team in the State. However, to even sit and argue that they are on the same level of Corbin is absurd. BTW the final score was 44-28 and at one point in the game it was 44-16 yet you fail to mention that. Right now is the time to take pride in your State Championship and celebrate, dont get on forums and try to start trash talking. As for the "transfer" comment I noticed Williamsburg has a big new linemen who just came from whitley county in time for the state tournament.

Yes and we sat him out 5 games making sure the transfer was legit before letting him play which wasn't very much if you were watching. Every other kid on our team has gone to Williamsburg since grade school, most since kindergarden. Want to guess where the Patrick boys are from? Funny how all I did was congratulate Corbin for the win and wonder out loud about a rematch. Must have hit a nerve.
Like I said before Cima will bleed red to the end and no problem there but when your own chain gang laughs at him for trying to give it to you it's the truth and yea I can say when u kicked off from the 15 it was after the unsportsmanlike call on your lineman for danceing and your coach getting kicked out of the game. Congrats Corbin and Coach Jackson u put in alot of time with your kids and u deserve it and the transfer thing we all know who gets them but glad you noticed we might be catching up
Newjacket Wrote:Yes and we sat him out 5 games making sure the transfer was legit before letting him play which wasn't very much if you were watching. Every other kid on our team has gone to Williamsburg since grade school, most since kindergarden. Want to guess where the Patrick boys are from? Funny how all I did was congratulate Corbin for the win and wonder out loud about a rematch. Must have hit a nerve.

You can go back and check all the forums, I've always supported Williamsburg. My only problem is when you try to take little cheap shots and then turn around and try to congratulate. And the only thing that hit a nerve is when you post inaccurate comments. Which you didn't reply to when I corrected you. Final score 44-28 and at one point 44-16.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Your offense was only stopped on downs once and Corbins 4-5? Williamsburg scored on less than 50% of there offensive possessions and Corbin scored on more than 50% of there offensive possessions. Key errors=Big Excuses. Big Hits produce turnovers, that's exactly what happened. Why start an argument like this? Be happy with your great season.

My point exactly. Read all the post, you all started the argument. And I never said we scored all but one time we had the ball, I said you stopped us on downs one time which was after a penalty made it 1st and 25, not counting the last possession when we were throwing hail marys. Again, check the tape. As for how often you scored, getting the ball 1st and goal inside the 5, a kick off return for a TD, another kickoff return inside the 20 and recovering and on side kick and two fumble recoveries made it easy for you to score over half the time. You had more possessions than we did in scoring position. Again, neither I or anyone else has complained. We realize special teams are an important part of the game. All I said was I would like to see a rematch. Don't think we would make that many mistakes again. Not even saying we would win, just think it would be a great game. If you all are not even willing to admit this, you are the ones being delusional.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Don't try to make it sound like Corbin had the officials on there side that night. Those refs also call home games down in Williamsburg. On the 2 point you referred to the official on the Williamsburg sideline ruled it no good even though the ball was ran to the Corbin side. The # of penalties against Corbin was almost double that of Wiliamsburg. I recall Corbin kicking off from the 15 yardline due to questionable penalties. Then you claim Corbin didn't stop Williamsburg, yet turnovers are defensive stops. Thats part of the game and Corbin focus' on creating turnovers. Williamsburg has a great team, and might be the second best team in the State. However, to even sit and argue that they are on the same level of Corbin is absurd. BTW the final score was 44-28 and at one point in the game it was 44-16 yet you fail to mention that. Right now is the time to take pride in your State Championship and celebrate, dont get on forums and try to start trash talking. As for the "transfer" comment I noticed Williamsburg has a big new linemen who just came from whitley county in time for the state tournament.

First off congratualtions Corbin, you deserve it. Secondly we were cheering each other on two days ago hoping each other team would win, now today were at each others throat? Oh well... Rivalry football. And actually the final score was 40-28 reguardless of what the score was at one time. Williamsburg and Corbin both had their starters in the entire game and highlights why Williamsburg has had the success that did, the boys won't quit. Congrats again, and everyone on both sides quit talking smack this is ridiculous. Be happy for each other! Our county brought home two State Championships last night!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You can go back and check all the forums, I've always supported Williamsburg. My only problem is when you try to take little cheap shots and then turn around and try to congratulate. And the only thing that hit a nerve is when you post inaccurate comments. Which you didn't reply to when I corrected you. Final score 44-28 and at one point 44-16.

What's do you want me to reply to? You're the one that's wrong about the score.
Newjacket Wrote:Uh, so did we. Are you saying being D2 automatically makes them better than a D3 team. Guess that means Southern Pulaski is the best team since they won D1.

No, no, no, I butchered this one, i ment since they beat you earlier in the year.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You can go back and check all the forums, I've always supported Williamsburg. My only problem is when you try to take little cheap shots and then turn around and try to congratulate. And the only thing that hit a nerve is when you post inaccurate comments. Which you didn't reply to when I corrected you. Final score 44-28 and at one point 44-16.

Go back and read my first post. I said I would like to see the three state champs play to see who is the best. How is that misconstrued as a backhanded shot at Corbin? Simply someone playing a what if game. Completely natural at this point I would think. We can argue about what the result would be all you want, but I have never insulted your team. I have only responded ti those insulting our team. Corbin is a great team and would be the obvious favorite in such a playoff but then again we have been the underdogs all year.
Congrats to all the teams that played in Lexington this weekend! Everyone with Kentucky Middle School football program deserves a pat on the back as well. Great job on organizing this weekend. Thanks for use of the facilities at LCA.
Newjacket Wrote:Neither I or anyone other Jackets fan has said anything other than we think a rematch would be a great game. It was Knighted and Redhound93 that started the trash talking. I recognize Knighted is a Lex Catholic fan and would like to think his team was Corbin's greatest foe and I realize Corbin is coming off a big win and Redhound93 wants to think they played this great team for the championship, but upon further recollection I'm sure he will come to his senses. Fact is our offense was only stopped on downs once and we stopped them on downs 4-5 times. The difference that day was special teams. Now that is a legitimate part of the game and we have never begrudged Corbin for winning the game. There were several Jacket fans that stayed to watch Corbin and they were rooting for Corbin just as hard as they rooted for the Jackets. The only thing we are saying is we gave Corbin a real scare and that we could have (not would have or should have) won if we hadn't made some key errors. Lex Catholic was never in the game today and were not even a real challenge. Not trash talking, just stating facts.

Lex Cath was never in the game? Were they not in the championship game. And your team is where?
Blues Wrote:Lex Cath was never in the game? Were they not in the championship game. And your team is where?

Not really sure what you are referring to. Our team was in the stands watching and cheering on Corbin after winning the D3 championship. As for the not being in the game comments, not sure how anyone can consider a 56-28 score as being a close game.
Blues Wrote:Lex Cath was never in the game? Were they not in the championship game. And your team is where?

Obviously, some people are still new to the forums and should show some respect.

This type of baiting is not good.

Congratulations to all teams and their outstanding accomplishments.
Newjacket Wrote:My point exactly. Read all the post, you all started the argument. And I never said we scored all but one time we had the ball, I said you stopped us on downs one time which was after a penalty made it 1st and 25, not counting the last possession when we were throwing hail marys. Again, check the tape. As for how often you scored, getting the ball 1st and goal inside the 5, a kick off return for a TD, another kickoff return inside the 20 and recovering and on side kick and two fumble recoveries made it easy for you to score over half the time. You had more possessions than we did in scoring position. Again, neither I or anyone else has complained. We realize special teams are an important part of the game. All I said was I would like to see a rematch. Don't think we would make that many mistakes again. Not even saying we would win, just think it would be a great game. If you all are not even willing to admit this, you are the ones being delusional.
I wasnt trying to start an arguement, I was just stating a fact!! In the game in the regular season Corbin took Williamsburg lightly because of the way we beat you last year. The rematch wouldnt even be close. You are all complaining that you didnt get more individual trophies for mvp or all-state and asking for a rematch with Corbin?? It seems to me that you are not satisfied with just a State Championship....:eyeroll:
Pages: 1 2 3 4