Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marshall 16 UTEP 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scoring Summary (Final)
2010 Marshall University Football Stats
UTEP vs MARSHALL (Oct 30, 2010 at Huntington, W.Va.)

UTEP (5-4,2-4) vs. MARSHALL (2-6,1-3)
Date: Oct 30, 2010 Site: Huntington, W.Va. Stadium: Edwards Stadium
Attendance: 24740

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
UTEP................ 0 3 3 6 - 12
MARSHALL............ 7 0 0 9 - 16

Scoring Summary:
1st 11:39 MAR - Dobson, Aaron 4 yd pass from Anderson, Brian (Warner, Tyler kick)
8 plays, 69 yards, TOP 3:21, UTEP 0 - MAR 7
2nd 12:21 UTEP - WARREN, Dakota 38 yd field goal
13 plays, 76 yards, TOP 7:20, UTEP 3 - MAR 7
3rd 08:08 UTEP - WARREN, Dakota 26 yd field goal
9 plays, 43 yards, TOP 4:17, UTEP 6 - MAR 7
4th 05:25 UTEP - ADAMS, Kris 23 yd pass from VITTATOE,Trevor (VITTATOE,Trevor pass intcpt)
8 plays, 65 yards, TOP 4:14, UTEP 12 - MAR 7
05:25 MAR - Brown, Donald PAT return
UTEP 12 - MAR 9
01:47 MAR - Martinez, Tron 1 yd run (Warner, Tyler kick)
10 plays, 56 yards, TOP 3:38, UTEP 12 - MAR 16

Kickoff time: 3:07 PM End of Game: 6:10 PM Total elapsed time: 3:03
Officials: Referee: Ed Ardito; Umpire: Mark Baynes; Linesman: Gary Calip;
Line judge: Clay Martin; Back judge: Brad Rogers; Field judge: Scott Gasaway;
Side judge: Greg Shields; Scorer: Robert Stigall;
Temperature: 62 Wind: WSW 7MPH Weather: Sunny
Eerie

You went to the game. What did you think?
I actually attended this game yesterday, my first Marshall game, and came away a little disappointed with the crowd and action (nothing compared to a SEC game). Marshall scored early in the first quarter (maybe their first possession) and after that the only scoring was a few field goals by UTEP until the 4th. Marshall had a chance to put this one away on several occasions but turned the ball over or failed to connect on 3rd down, had several dropped passes, and the list goes on and on. After having a punt blocked, should have went for it on 4th and 1 IMO, UTEP scored to put them up 12-7. On the 2pt conversion attempt, MU intercepted and returned it roughly 100 yards for the score making it 12-9. Marshall scored on the next possession for the win.

Overall, the game was slow until the 4th when it picked up. The stadium is a very inviting atmosphere and not a bad seat in the house...you can actually actually hear the popping of pads. I plan on returning again to Joan C. Edwards Stadium in the future and would like to see Marshall get back to the level they were when they had the likes of Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwitch, and crew.
Good to see the Green get another win.
^You and I both!
Westside Wrote:Eerie

You went to the game. What did you think?

My nephew and I had a great time. Marshall tailgaters was planning on taking up a collection to get me a Marshall pullover. Found myself actually cheering for the Herd.