Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adams / Lexington Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts on the game saturday ?
LC is strong and physical....Adams has a strong line and a GREAT quarterback....should be a close game and I hope Adams wins....they were very nice ppl and good things should happen to nice ppl every once in a while....Have to cheer for the Mountain Region...GO BLACKCATS!!
Looks like this die hard Rebel is gonna be cheering for the Blackcats this Saturday. Good Luck Boys!! Keep your season alive and make the Mountains proud. Have a great time and enjoy the experience!! GOOD LUCK!!
Best of luck Blackcats!!!
I say Adams and there awesome QB Win.

Adams-35
LC-24
Good luck Blackcats...!!!:Cheerlead
Pride and Football Wrote:I say Adams and there awesome QB Win.

Adams-35
LC-24

I guess we will have to see. I think Lex Cath's QB will hold his own tho, so I think Lex Cath's defense will turn a few heads too. With these 2 pass happy, gun slinging QB's it should be a must see game. It may come down to who pressures whos QB the best or whose team plays better pass coverage. Either way I expect some points on the board from both teams.

Lexington Catholic 30

Adams 20
I will have to agree with Knighted... It will be a QB battle, but I also heard that Adams has a running back too, but in the end I think LCs QB is too big and will be able to pick apart Adams secondary

LC -32
Adams - 24
LCath by double-digits
If a person had to set odds on the game, they would be forced to say Lexington Catholic by 14; Big City=big talent pool; home field advantage and I'm sure Adams has been well scouted. However this Adams crew is unique.

This is their sixth year of playing together, not counting the time playing against each other when they were in the flag football program. They will most definitely have a chip on their shoulder with something to prove. I'm going with the mountain boys in this one!

Regardless, Floyd County and the City of Prestonsburg is proud of this team, and with the addition of the players from Allen Middle School next year, Prestonsburg High School will be something to watch over the next four years.
hawg laig Wrote:If a person had to set odds on the game, they would be forced to say Lexington Catholic by 14; Big City=big talent pool; home field advantage and I'm sure Adams has been well scouted. However this Adams crew is unique.

This is their sixth year of playing together, not counting the time playing against each other when they were in the flag football program. They will most definitely have a chip on their shoulder with something to prove. I'm going with the mountain boys in this one!

Regardless, Floyd County and the City of Prestonsburg is proud of this team, and with the addition of the players from Allen Middle School next year, Prestonsburg High School will be something to watch over the next four years.

They would be force to pick Lex Cath?????? What is that statement about? Hey brother, how about just playing the game and no excuses. Play it like you say it.....If this boys are that tough, then they should not have any problems. So let them play. Quit saying they have a chip on their shoulder, have been playing for many years. JUST PLAY, then will talk about it after their game.
I've been told 3 different times . What time is the game starting ?
And it's at Lexington Catholic High School field correct.
Good luck to both teams. As for who will win the game Adams would have to be considered the underdog in this one. But no matter the score, if the boys from Prestonsburg play their hearts out they will still be considered winners in my book. GO BLACKCATS!!! Also, good luck to Johnson Central 7th grade team -- we are rooting for you too.
I have seen lex cath referred to as "lex cath all-stars". Does anybody know what this is about?
Football Fan 2010 Wrote:I have seen lex cath referred to as "lex cath all-stars". Does anybody know what this is about?

Yep. Every single players are all- star caliber. They have played in numerous high school, NCAA and even the NFL level. So watch out middle schoolers. Here comes the all star team from Catholic. NO you knuckle head, THEY ARE NOT ALL STAR !!!! They are a bunch of middle schooler age kids that come from VERY small catholic school through out Lexington and surrounding area. And those school feeds into the high school. They may have 3-5 players from different catholic schools and form a team that represent catholic middle.......reason for that is because one catholic school would ONLY have up to twenty 8th graders, half are boys. Hope this help for the simple minded one's out there. Now time for a nap...:zzz:
Football Fan 2010 Wrote:I have seen lex cath referred to as "lex cath all-stars". Does anybody know what this is about?
To repeat, Lex Cath has a total of 22 players on the 8th grade team. Seven of those are 7th graders. So much for the all star statement and the "talent rich" enviroment. A player may not play for Lex Cath if his school has a school team. As stated these kids come from a limited number of small private schools.
granddad Wrote:To repeat, Lex Cath has a total of 22 players on the 8th grade team. Seven of those are 7th graders. So much for the all star statement and the "talent rich" enviroment. A player may not play for Lex Cath if his school has a school team. As stated these kids come from a limited number of small private schools.

Tell them like it is granddaddy !!!!!!! LOL:Clap:
What "being forced to pick" meant if someone said you have to pick one team right now then you would factor in the size of the city that the players came from and realize that typicallly means a greater talent pool of potential great players, add in that Lexington Catholic will be playing on the same field they have played their entire season on, throw on top of that the kids will come straight from their home instead of riding a school bus for over two hours, add a strong home crowd, an excellent coaching staff who scout well, then that person being forced to pick right then would choose Lexington Catholic to be the winner.

What didn't you understand? It was a compliment to the Lexington Catholic program. Don't be so sensitive.

The chip on the shoulder is not specific to Adams or Lexington Catholic; any time a mountain school plays a Lexington or Louisville school they feel they have to prove themselves. Better yet, ask your high school coach, he can explain it. He coached at Prestonsburg (the high school Adams feeds into) for well over six years. He also some times used that to motivate his team.
"blues"- you are just plain rude! Sounds like we hit a nerve! I'm pretty sure the school you are playing is just as small if not smaller with a similar mix of 7th and 8th graders. I was only curious and not aware that lex cath had players from other catholic schools. Calm your self down!
It just occurred to me that the Adams head coach may have played for Bill Letton in high school. I also wouldn't doubt that some of the parents of Adams football players played for Letton when he was at Prestonsburg. Does anyone on here know if they played and who they are?
It will be neat for Coach Letton to watch his own child and the children of former players in the same game.
You are correct... Coach Letton's first year at Prestonsburg was my senior year ..
Since us hillbillies were enlightened by some of the folks from lex cath as to how there team is made up, I would be curious what the number would be if you COMBINED the enrollments from all those schools their players come from. What division would they be in then? Please straighten us out a little more ol' grandaddy. Just curious. However, the people on here could be way off base and that total enrollment might put them correctly in division 2. I guess it is possible these feeder schools could be very, very small. If that is the case then that would be the end of this discussion (lex-cath allstars).
Good luck Blackcats & JC 7th... enjoy the experience guys.
canoeman06 Wrote:You are correct... Coach Letton's first year at Prestonsburg was my senior year ..

What time does the game start?
i get a little tired of the "poor old mountain boy" routine. You will belive what you want to believe. You are attempting to stero type your region for the benefit of your posts
granddad Wrote:i get a little tired of the "poor old mountain boy" routine. You will belive what you want to believe. You are attempting to stero type your region for the benefit of your posts

LOLOLOLOLOL, You guys are gettin ole grandad going. After reading every post on this site for the last 2 years and keeping in touch with the Anderson's kid father while he's been living in Prestonsburg the last year or so I've have stereo typed the Adams':popcorn: kids, coaching staff and parents as good people. I seem to root for Adams whenever they play so if we should lose in this tounament then I would hope it would be to Adams. Good luck tomorrow and have a safe trip.
Well please stop trying to sell us the 22 player roster routine or the 20 kids in a grade routine. We all know it (The Divisions) don't go by the number of players on your roster, it is determined by the number of students in a particular school in the corresponding grades. So, lets get back to the issue or question [the # of students enrolled in Lex-Cath 7th & 8th grades + the # of students enrolled in the 7th & 8th grades of the other schools that feed the Lex-Cath middle school football team] = answer? That answer or lack of answer might be the reason some would refer to your team as the Lex-Cath Allstars. But, that is just my guess.
ballerfan 1 Wrote:Well please stop trying to sell us the 22 player roster routine or the 20 kids in a grade routine. We all know it (The Divisions) don't go by the number of players on your roster, it is determined by the number of students in a particular school in the corresponding grades. So, lets get back to the issue or question [the # of students enrolled in Lex-Cath 7th & 8th grades + the # of students enrolled in the 7th & 8th grades of the other schools that feed the Lex-Cath middle school football team] = answer? That answer or lack of answer might be the reason some would refer to your team as the Lex-Cath Allstars. But, that is just my guess.

you have access to the same on line records as every body else. Look it up yourself. I also have the upmost respect for the Adams team and coaches. My remarks are addressed to the poster doing the Gomer Pyle routine. He is not representive of the great people of Prestonsburg.
ballerfan 1 Wrote:Well please stop trying to sell us the 22 player roster routine or the 20 kids in a grade routine. We all know it (The Divisions) don't go by the number of players on your roster, it is determined by the number of students in a particular school in the corresponding grades. So, lets get back to the issue or question [the # of students enrolled in Lex-Cath 7th & 8th grades + the # of students enrolled in the 7th & 8th grades of the other schools that feed the Lex-Cath middle school football team] = answer? That answer or lack of answer might be the reason some would refer to your team as the Lex-Cath Allstars. But, that is just my guess.

All I can say is that it took some doing to get the private schools to release the numbers of their students. That's just the way they operate. BTW its no business of yours or anybody's elses unless you are on the board that dictates what division Lexington Catholic is to play. The numbers were turned in and that is that. If that is not sufice then put it where the sun dont shine. The Catholic school system simply does not like to release the numbers of students in any grades. They have their reasons and I assure you its not because of football, but hey.... if it makes you feel better to call us All-Stars then so be it. Heck they are all-stars in my book anyway. Thing is..;... next year if we lose more games than we win......no one will mention a thing or cry,cry,cry about what division Lex Cath is playing in. :moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:
I don't remember anybody whining last year about LC "all-stars" last year when we did not even make "our own State Tournement" that was played in our own backyard. We must not have recruited very well last year.
Pages: 1 2