Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Blue-101 vs White-74 (UK Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know just a scrimmage but what was everyone's thoughts?

I was impressed with the play of Knight and Jones. What about Josh Harrelson tonight, 16points and 25 rebs!
Knight-37 points, only 2 turnovers.
Miller-20points,
Liggins-17 points
Jones-29 points
Knight and TJ were very impressive.
Yeah I wish Harrellson could do that against SEC competition...

I like the kid tho...he tries hard.
I think our defense will be very good this season, lead by Miller & Liggins. I love the effort we get from Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones, and Brandon Knight. They all know they're expected to do great things this season and they're giving it their all in a scrimmage.

Jon Hood looks much more confident in himself and I think he'll be the darkhorse for this team off the bench. Harrellson fights hard down low for rebounds and you've got to appreciate the effort he gives. Vargas still needs to improve, he just doesn't have that nose of the ball like our big men had last season. HOPEFULLY Kanter gets eligible.

Really looking forward to the upcoming season!
MVP2 Wrote:Knight-37 points, only 2 turnovers.
Miller-20points,
Liggins-17 points
Jones-29 points

Lottery pick #'s Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:Lottery pick #'s Big Grin

Not when you're playing yourself Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:Not when you're playing yourself Wink

blahbitty blah.
Impressive! Especially knight and jones! and th D been played by Liggins and miller...Question is can they put the #'s up against SEC comp? I think they can, but kanter is the key to there success i think
I watched about 3 mintues of this and grew bored. You can't take much from these games when the offense knows exactly what the defense is going to do and vice versa.
MVP2 Wrote:I know just a scrimmage but what was everyone's thoughts?

I was impressed with the play of Knight and Jones. What about Josh Harrelson tonight, 16points and 25 rebs!

I would score 37 also if polson was on me!!.:zzz:
ballcrazy Wrote:I would score 37 also if polson was on me!!.:zzz:

Sure you could? What college team do you play for? :eyeroll:
MVP2 Wrote:Sure you could? What college team do you play for? :eyeroll:

lol
Got to go to the Blue-White game and it was great to be back in the swing of going to Rupp! The star of the night was obviously Knight with his 37 points but many other things stuck out as positives. Jones looked really good as a 4/5 spot guy that will create so many problems for other teams. He was good around the basket and had a good mid range shot which gives this team a lot of different styles of scoring. Along with Darius Miller who did fine, we have a fantastic nucleus which will allow for the biggest piece of scoring. The biggest question mark continues to be about the frontcourt and the Kanter situation. I think that this team can sustain a system that lets the 4/5 move in and out but we would benefit so much by having a player of Kanter's caliber to rip down rebound and be a bigger presence and a force in the post. Overall I loved the style and the attack motion that the team had and it seemed that they are all moving toward be a solid team.

With Kanter the lineup should be:
pg-Knight-Polson
sg-Lamb-Liggins
F-Miller-Hood-Poole
F-Jones
C-Kanter-Harrellson-Vargas

With out Kanter:
Pg-Knight
Sg-Lamb
F-Miller-Hood-Poole
F-Liggins
F-Jones-Harrellson-Vargas

Of course combination would begin to change as players get tired.
We looked very good. But, we NEED Kanter BADLY.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Got to go to the Blue-White game and it was great to be back in the swing of going to Rupp! The star of the night was obviously Knight with his 37 points but many other things stuck out as positives. Jones looked really good as a 4/5 spot guy that will create so many problems for other teams. He was good around the basket and had a good mid range shot which gives this team a lot of different styles of scoring. Along with Darius Miller who did fine, we have a fantastic nucleus which will allow for the biggest piece of scoring. The biggest question mark continues to be about the frontcourt and the Kanter situation. I think that this team can sustain a system that lets the 4/5 move in and out but we would benefit so much by having a player of Kanter's caliber to rip down rebound and be a bigger presence and a force in the post. Overall I loved the style and the attack motion that the team had and it seemed that they are all moving toward be a solid team.

With Kanter the lineup should be:
pg-Knight-Polson
sg-Lamb-Liggins
F-Miller-Hood-Poole
F-Jones
C-Kanter-Harrellson-Vargas

With out Kanter:
Pg-Knight
Sg-Lamb
F-Miller-Hood-Poole
F-Liggins
F-Jones-Harrellson-Vargas

Of course combination would begin to change as players get tired.

With Liggins at the 4, that makes UK a pretty small team.
I'd say Jones starts at the 4 and Vargas at the 5(unless Kanter gets eligible).
^

Agreed. Jones at 4 and Vargas at 5 with Harellson coming into the game filling either position.
Aslan Wrote:With Liggins at the 4, that makes UK a pretty small team.
I'd say Jones starts at the 4 and Vargas at the 5(unless Kanter gets eligible).

MVP2 Wrote:^

Agreed. Jones at 4 and Vargas at 5 with Harellson coming into the game filling either position.

I know that we need that presence inside with either Harrellson or Vargas but it just seems like it would be so much more of an aggressive team with more raw talent and versatility if Jones can float with the 4/5. We would be incredibly small and thin in the 5 spot but running and gunning would allow us to blow past most matchup problems. Jones D would be able to alter and he would have to be a monster on the boards. At a certain time, 4/5 slot moves Jones in the 4 and Vargas or Harrellson back in the 5 but I think that the small fast line up would work in many cases.
MVP2 Wrote:Sure you could? What college team do you play for? :eyeroll:

Pikeville College. What about you stud.:yawn:
MisterPerfect Wrote:We looked very good. But, we NEED Kanter BADLY.

when are they supposed to know? at the end of the season,lol
ballcrazy Wrote:Pikeville College. What about you stud.:yawn:

Oh you play for Pikeville ay?
You guys got UK Nov. 1st..
I'm sure that game will be a nail biter..:lmao:
Im looking forword to watching UK in the Maui Tournament. Gonna be some tough competition for them there
Ballers Wrote:Oh you play for Pikeville ay?
You guys got UK Nov. 1st..
I'm sure that game will be a nail biter..:lmao:

Now what college did you play for?:please:
I play in basketball leagues.. heck I've probably played with you..
And to go out there on a limb.. Very few ppl at Pikeville impress me..
Ballers Wrote:I play in basketball leagues.. heck I've probably played with you..
And to go out there on a limb.. Very few ppl at Pikeville impress me..

:Thumbs:
Should be a great year... more one year and done deals.
:please:
If UK used the Liggins line-up would they run offensive and defensive sets like Villanova did a few years back?
ballcrazy, I'll be watching to see if anyone from P-ville has 37 tonight..
ballcrazy Wrote:Pikeville College. What about you stud.:yawn:

When you get put in against UK cause you guys are getting blown out, lets see what you can do.
king360 Wrote:When you get put in against UK cause you guys are getting blown out, lets see what you can do.

Good call.. Wonder what # he is..
Don't matter, I'll make sure to have the stats of the game ready to post tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2