Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox co middle 8th grade region champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Knox co middle beats #1 seed Johnson co middle school 20-12
way to go " Knox co Middle school Panthers Region Champs 2010 " .:1:
Great Job young guys. Keep it going!
Knox has great team...congrats!!!
Who do they play next and when?
Amped 88 Wrote:Who do they play next and when?

Is it true that Knox held back 22 8th graders last year?
BIG TONY Wrote:Is it true that Knox held back 22 8th graders last year?

I don't have a clue? I don't care if they did.
I don't think "Knox" has the power to hold back 22 kids...that would be the "parents" that held them back. I debated for weeks wether to hold my son back, but after the first week of school I realized that it was the best thing I could have done for him. Not everyone does this for sports...maybe in was just a coincidence that some of them played football...just saying...:eyeroll:
Congrats and good luck to the middle school Panthers.
does the middle school use jv players like the youth league teams use kids 2yrs too old in each grade level? but congrats to the kids for winning. not their fault at all . Just dont see how it helps the kids playing kids 2 years younger then theirselves.
The Jr football is set up by age the oldest group is 11 and 12 yrs olds so no one over 12 yrs old plays on any JR team in Knox county. and I know that none of the kids playing on the middle school team are on the JV team just ask any one in the same age group if they rember getting beat by this group when they played JR football dont think they lost a game from K-11,12 Year olds and sure that they never lost to middlesboro.
devildawh20 Wrote:does the middle school use jv players like the youth league teams use kids 2yrs too old in each grade level? but congrats to the kids for winning. not their fault at all . Just dont see how it helps the kids playing kids 2 years younger then theirselves.
if you have any questions about age tell the coaches you want to see the birth certificates,thats the rules in the youth league.when you get beat thats the first excuse you grab and it wont work because of the rules in place.now go practice and stay classy.
Any comments about kids being to old or having 22 holdbacks is ridiculous. The bottom line is Knox is a very good football team who beat a very good football team on their own field. There is no doubt in by mind that every player on the field for both teams complied with the KMSFA rules regarding eligibility. Congats to Knox on the win, would love to see these to programs play on a yearly basis.
Quote:does the middle school use jv players like the youth league teams use kids 2yrs too old in each grade level? but congrats to the kids for winning. not their fault at all . Just dont see how it helps the kids playing kids 2 years younger then theirselves.

Make many excuses???? Knox was the better team, give them their due and move on. You only make yourself look bad by bringing up stuff that isn't true. If I am not mistaken, they turn in rosters with players ages and grade level. If there were problems, it would be found then.

Some of the youth league kids come to Knox middle as 12 yr olds and they have the option of playing for either the Jr. Football or Middle school since they are eligible for both. NO high school players play for Knox Middle and to insinuate that is a load of sour grapes.

I would be more concerned about why the brackets keep changing after games are played. That seems fishy to me to say the least, or how #5 on a sneak crossed the goal line and and after he fell to the ground they allowed JC to take the ball and call it a fumble. If that wasn't enough, they tacked on 2 unsportsmanlike penalties on Knox to help move JC down the field. I said it before and I will say it again, Knox is the REAL deal, just ask JC's players and coaches.
ILoveMyKids Wrote:I don't think "Knox" has the power to hold back 22 kids...that would be the "parents" that held them back. I debated for weeks wether to hold my son back, but after the first week of school I realized that it was the best thing I could have done for him. Not everyone does this for sports...maybe in was just a coincidence that some of them played football...just saying...:eyeroll:

sounds fishy !!!Confusedhh:
bigdog79 Wrote:The Jr football is set up by age the oldest group is 11 and 12 yrs olds so no one over 12 yrs old plays on any JR team in Knox county. and I know that none of the kids playing on the middle school team are on the JV team just ask any one in the same age group if they rember getting beat by this group when they played JR football dont think they lost a game from K-11,12 Year olds and sure that they never lost to middlesboro.

The rule is that a Middle school player can not be older than 15 prior to August 1 of that year. Knox has a good team and I am sure that each player meets these rules. good luck.
You All That Say Knox Has Hold Backs, Your Worng, Knox IS The Right Age. Knox Is That Much Better Than The Other Teams.
delton fms Wrote:sounds fishy !!!Confusedhh:

Your getting ready to see fishy, K-N-O-X plays tough competion all year long---Bell Co.---Clay Co. --Whitley Co. ---New Harlen-- Wayne Co.--and Johnson County---just to name a few--so if you want to talk about fishy--my friend your getting ready to get your BASS kicked-----

:please::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Win or lose your team will understand what mountain football is all about....see ya'll Saturday:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
BIG TONY Wrote:Is it true that Knox held back 22 8th graders last year?

I hope for the kid's sake that they did not hold any of these kids back in the 8th grade. That would make them ineligible their senior year in high school, so I'm pretty confident that someone would have informed them of the rule change that went into effect a few years ago.

Coach Mills has built some excitement for the football program at Knox Central and it appears that he will have some good talent coming into the program next year to continue what he has got going.:Thumbs:
I wasnt complaining at all. middlesboro actually beat knox last year the 9-10 year olds so the 11 year olds have lost a game. bell county beat knox once or twice this year in the 11-12 year old age group. But on the age thing a bell coach that is friends with a knox coach said their was 3-4 players that was too old on knox team, a few parents which use to baby sit some of the kids on the team 2 yrs before their child which is now 11 on one team was born. Just think the kids would gain more by playing 8th grade football unless they are playing both to get more game time. i dont know. i dont fault the kids at all and congratulate them on beating the teams they face. Not like its the kid's fault.
devildawh20 Wrote:I wasnt complaining at all. middlesboro actually beat knox last year the 9-10 year olds so the 11 year olds have lost a game. bell county beat knox once or twice this year in the 11-12 year old age group. But on the age thing a bell coach that is friends with a knox coach said their was 3-4 players that was too old on knox team, a few parents which use to baby sit some of the kids on the team 2 yrs before their child which is now 11 on one team was born. Just think the kids would gain more by playing 8th grade football unless they are playing both to get more game time. i dont know. i dont fault the kids at all and congratulate them on beating the teams they face. Not like its the kid's fault.
BABYSITTER?c'mon dude,,,just sayin.
Just relaying the word. Seem's like she new what she was talking about when she could name the child along with the parents and talked to the parents after the game and gave them a hug.
And there is no one who can say hancock county dont have some older boys on that team that went and watched any of the southland conference games!
highschoolfan Wrote:Your getting ready to see fishy, K-N-O-X plays tough competion all year long---Bell Co.---Clay Co. --Whitley Co. ---New Harlen-- Wayne Co.--and Johnson County---just to name a few--so if you want to talk about fishy--my friend your getting ready to get your BASS kicked-----

:please::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Win or lose your team will understand what mountain football is all about....see ya'll Saturday:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:

I wound'nt count ur chicken before they hatch!!!!:dontthink:dontthink
delton fms Wrote:I wound'nt count ur chicken before they hatch!!!!:dontthink:dontthink

Are we talking poultry or fish..

now I'm confused.........:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Knox has 12 year old 7th graders who play jr league I know that but they are 12!
If you want your kids to get out of school at 17 and send them to college go right ahead. If not hold them back let them grow up and they will be better off in life. Cause pretty sure none of the ones I have watched are going to play on sunday so enjoy them while you can
If the kid is 14 on August 1 of their 8th grade year, they are the right age. I think we should stop calling them holdbacks and refer to the ones younger than that as push thrus.
Old Redhound Wrote:If the kid is 14 on August 1 of their 8th grade year, they are the right age. I think we should stop calling them holdbacks and refer to the ones younger than that as push thrus.

AMEN my Corbin Friend..................:rockon:
# 1 Knox Central Fan Wrote:Knox co middle beats #1 seed Johnson co middle school 20-12
way to go " Knox co Middle school Panthers Region Champs 2010 " .:1:

8th grade or 7th grade
8th Grade

The kids who dress and play for KCMS are all the right age and will be playing their senior year. Check above as it was stated, the Aug. 1st cutoff date will determine player eligibility. All of the Knox kids meet this requirement. Please stop trying to tarnish the accomplishments of the kids, coaches and the school because you received a butt whooping from them.:ChairHit:
Pages: 1 2