Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia 44 Kentucky 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turnovers is what ultimately decided this one! If it hadn't been for the turnovers the Wildcats would have dominated this one but you can always play the what if game after a loss. Kentucky dominates the game in everything but the Turnover column and the scoring column!
I don't know if we would have dominated this one, but this would have been a much more competitive game. We beat ourselves tonight, as we give UGA great field position all throughout the first half. They also returned a kickoff for a touchdown.

In the end though, our defense played good enough for us to win this game, but I can't say the same for our offense who put us in a hole early with the turnovers.

Let's move on and win out.
Learn how to tackle!
That is all that can be said about this football team.
Shot ourselves in the foot tonight, way to many costly turnovers. Lets beat the Bulldogs on the road next week. Go Cats!
Can't win an SEC game with that many turnovers. Derrick Lock is missed. Two fumbles from the backup tailbacks.
On another note, our run defense is awful.
Hartline has continued to impress. There should be no question of his ability at this point. Special Teams cost the Cats the game. This would have been a completely different ball game had the TD runback not happened. As for dominating the game as someone said earlier, not sure what game they were watching because the Line's of the Dogs move the Cats around at will. It was they who were dominating.
Pathetic and embarrassing showing. And I don't care how good they were in the 2nd half. I'm so sick of this attitude of "we can play like **** for the 1st half, and just come out and win it barely in the 2nd half." That's how they looked. I don't know how many **** 1st half's it takes to learn the lesson, but that lack of motivation has me losing faith in this team.

I'll always stick with my Cats, through thick and thin, but I'm losing faith in them beating lesser teams and just not playing with motivation. They deserved the boo's they got tonight.
Could NOT find this game on T.V. So, I have no idea what happened.
Stardust Wrote:Hartline has continued to impress. There should be no question of his ability at this point. Special Teams cost the Cats the game. This would have been a completely different ball game had the TD runback not happened. As for dominating the game as someone said earlier, not sure what game they were watching because the Line's of the Dogs move the Cats around at will. It was they who were dominating.

So we turn the ball over 4 times and the one kickoff return cost us the game?

FYI, all those turnovers led to UGA points.

Our defense didn't play stellar, but they played good enough to get the job done, too bad our offense decided they wanted to turn the ball over and give UGA great field position throughout the first half. We almost had 200 more total yards than UGA did at halftime and still trailed, 28-10.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:So we turn the ball over 4 times and the one kickoff return cost us the game?

FYI, all those turnovers led to UGA points.

Our defense didn't play stellar, but they played good enough to get the job done, too bad our offense decided they wanted to turn the ball over and give UGA great field position throughout the first half. We almost had 200 more total yards than UGA did at halftime and still trailed, 28-10.

Turnovers come from PRESSING! Pressing came Immediately after the 100 yard kickoff return when the Cats had thought they answered the Dogs opening TD. It's easy to say that 4 turnovers did the doing, but the turnovers were a direct result of their helmets being COMPLETELY deflated after the KO TD!
Stardust Wrote:Turnovers come from PRESSING! Pressing came Immediately after the 100 yard kickoff return when the Cats had thought they answered the Dogs opening TD. It's easy to say that 4 turnovers did the doing, but the turnovers were a direct result of their helmets being COMPLETELY deflated after the KO TD!

That makes zero sense.

They delivered the KO punch in the first quarter that put them up 14-0?

I think the sack that forced Hartline to fumble on the first drive of the game - that eventually led to a UGA touchdown a few short mins later.

That had more of an impact than the kickoff return did.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That makes zero sense.

They delivered the KO punch in the first quarter that put them up 14-0?

I think the sack that forced Hartline to fumble on the first drive of the game - that eventually led to a UGA touchdown a few short mins later.

That had more of an impact than the kickoff return did.

What game were you watching? 14-0????? UK came right back down the field and kicked the FG to make the game 7-3, erasing the ills from the first drive. Then they give up a 100 yard kickoff (otherwise how were they kicking off if it wasn't after a UK score!). After the kickoff return, you could read it that the Cats were DONE!
UGA TD 11:57 Washaun Ealey 3 Yd Run (Blair Walsh Kick) 7 0
UK FG 05:14 Craig McIntosh 41 Yd 7 3
UGA TD 04:57 Brandon Boykin 100 Yd Kickoff Return (Blair Walsh Kick) 14 3
SECOND QUARTER UGA UK
UGA TD 13:04 Washaun Ealey 2 Yd Run (Blair Walsh Kick) 21 3
UGA TD 06:47 Washaun Ealey 2 Yd Run (Blair Walsh Kick) 28 3
UK TD 01:09 La'Rod King 35 Yd Pass From Mike Hartline (Craig Mcintosh Kick) 28 10
THIRD QUARTER UGA UK
UGA TD 11:05 Washaun Ealey 2 Yd Run (Pat Failed) 34 10
UK TD 00:41 La'Rod King 22 Yd Pass From Mike Hartline (Craig Mcintosh Kick) 34 17
FOURTH QUARTER UGA UK
UGA TD 13:53 Washaun Ealey 1 Yd Run (Blair Walsh Kick) 41 17
UK TD 10:52 Chris Matthews 39 Yd Pass From Mike Hartline (Randall Cobb Pass To Matt Roark For Two-Point Conversion) 41 25
UGA FG 02:47 Blair Walsh 30 Yd 44 25
UK TD 01:23 Raymond Sanders 9 Yd Pass From Mike Hartline (Two-Point Conversion Failed)
Stardust Wrote:What game were you watching? 14-0????? UK came right back down the field and kicked the FG to make the game 7-3, erasing the ills from the first drive. Then they give up a 100 yard kickoff (otherwise how were they kicking off if it wasn't after a UK score!). After the kickoff return, you could read it that the Cats were DONE!

The Cats were done when we began turning the ball over and when we couldn't protect Hartline.

Our offense led the SEC with the least amount of turnovers before this game. Our offensive line also protected Hartline so well, but tonight he had as much pressure on him as he has had all season.

Our defense held their own with their backs against wall.

I don't think a kickoff return for a touchdown KO'd us. We proved over the past two weeks that we could come back against top 10 teams. But in those games we didn't turn the ball over, tonight we did.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The Cats were done when we began turning the ball over and when we couldn't protect Hartline.

Our offense led the SEC with the least amount of turnovers before this game. Our offensive line also protected Hartline so well, but tonight he had as much pressure on him as he has had all season.

Our defense held their own with their backs against wall.

I don't think a kickoff return for a touchdown KO'd us. We proved over the past two weeks that we could come back against top 10 teams. But in those games we didn't turn the ball over, tonight we did.

I agree.
What made it even worse was a few of those turnovers we had, were deep in our own territory.
The fumble on our 5 yard line killed me...can't remember if it was in the late 2nd or early 3rd quarter but I quit watching after that. Hurt to much...

I'm starting to warm up to Hartline. Four touchdown passes against any Georgia team is pretty **** good. The team needs to look at him and think of how he has persevered this year, with probably 85% of the fan base, including myself, hating him so much last year.

I don't know...we just can't get over the hump, and I have no **** idea why..
Hartline is this years MVP for this team IMO.

We expected some big things out of Cobb & Locke, but I think we can all agree that most of us had sub-par expectations for Mike Hartline.

However, if we could ever put a complete game together, we'd be a contender for a SEC championship.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Hartline is this years MVP for this team IMO.

We expected some big things out of Cobb & Locke, but I think we can all agree that most of us had sub-par expectations for Mike Hartline.

However, if we could ever put a complete game together, we'd be a contender for a SEC championship.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:

That's just it. IF we could put a complete game together.

We haven't put together a good complete game all season.

Just because we expect things out of Cobb don't mean he shouldn't be this team's MVP. He's the heart of this team, and makes the big play when UK needs it.
I'd definitely say Hartline is the most improved player for UK though.
It would help UK if Derrick Locke wouldnt stay out of the lineup for 7 weeks at a time everytime he gets his feelings hurt too..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:It would help UK if Derrick Locke wouldnt stay out of the lineup for 7 weeks at a time everytime he gets his feelings hurt too..

He is missed. Two fumbles by the backups in this one HURT!
Its time for a new D-Line coach and maybe a new head coach as well