Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Swapping the Semi brackets now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess our KMSFA brothern has hung up a dart board and threw darts at hit to see who plays who in the semi finals. Not official yet but it comes rrom way up that region 3 is going to play region 1 and region 4 plays region 2. This is not how we did it the past 2 years so why now? This doesn't look good im sure for some team out there. I guess this is just another growing pain again? gee whiz!:please:
How? How? How?
BM82 Wrote:How? How? How?

So has no other team but us been informed of the swapping of the brackets? It clearly shows in all pdf files that region 3 plays region 4. Oh well, as I said "just chalk it up to growing pains of the KMSFA.:Thumbs:
Was annouced that way after Barren beat Lone Oak. Said Barren plays Region 3 Winner. Also Game time was 1:00 not sure about location. Is this for all divisions? This just gives us something to talk about. Maybe a ploy to get more attention brought to nexy weeks games.
tackle99 Wrote:Was annouced that way after Barren beat Lone Oak. Said Barren plays Region 3 Winner. Also Game time was 1:00 not sure about location. Is this for all divisions? This just gives us something to talk about. Maybe a ploy to get more attention brought to nexy weeks games.

That sounds to be as good an explanation as any.
tackle99 Wrote:Was annouced that way after Barren beat Lone Oak. Said Barren plays Region 3 Winner. Also Game time was 1:00 not sure about location. Is this for all divisions? This just gives us something to talk about. Maybe a ploy to get more attention brought to nexy weeks games.
Thought that was maybe a mistake when they announced it at the Barren-Loan Oak game. What good does it do to make brackets if they can just tell you who you will play next? knighted you are a Lex-Cath right? Just wondered if it was announced that way at any other games?
is this just d1 or all divisions?
the 7th grade bracket is like that too. it was originally scheduled to play Region 1 vs. Region 2 and Region 3 vs. Region 4. From what i hear now, it's Region 1 vs. 3 and Region 2 vs. 4. Can someone let us know what's up with that? We prepare for one team just to find out we play a different team.
Sounds like they make it up as they go. How many changes does this make this year?
This is how our coach explained it to us....the first 2 or 3 rounds were set up for travel purposes, then they they take the 4 teams that make it to the semi-final game and match up #1 overall seed vs. #4 overall seed, and #2 vs. #3, they did it the very first year they started the playoffs.
MrCook Wrote:is this just d1 or all divisions?
all...in d2 Corbin will play the winniner of Adams/Simon
redhound93 Wrote:all...in d2 Corbin will play the winniner of Adams/Simon

So now they have changed everything back to orginal bracket
Maybe people should not post rumors and let people do their jobs.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Maybe people should not post rumors and let people do their jobs.

Maybe these were not rumors there Bluegrass. Obviously you were out of the loop today when our "Head Coach" informed me that we would be playing against caldwell Co. Coach Hawkins also was told he was playing Russellville also, so RUMOR? I think not.
bluegrasscard Wrote:maybe people should not post rumors and let people do their jobs.

amen
highschoolfan Wrote:amen

If they were planning to reseed the final 4 then it should of been addressed by the board before today. Reguardless of what you are moaning about, if this wasn't supposed to posted until the board adressed it then maybe the board should of not told the coaches when they played this afternoon.
I was told they were swapping brackets also. I would be playing Northern Pulaski instead of North Laurel.
Hey these should not be an issue because in the end there will just be one champion so whats it matter who plays who if your team has maade it this far then your team is good enough to win it.We could all be sitting at the house season over.
The board swapped brackets yesterdeay before some of the games,,,, I know it was for the betterment of the teams involved, due to not having to travel 4 hours and leave at 5am to play.... The KYMSFA was trying to make it better for the teams playing. I know for a fact that this was not a rumor, as KYMSFA staff were at our game and knew of the change already.

I just know that it would have either saved us a friday night stay in a hotel or not made us leave at 5am to play a football game.

COULD HAVE BEEN. Frankfort vs Russellville which is closer to Lexington and would play the first game,,,,,,
Raceland vs Williamsburg to play inthe second game of that day at 11:30, which would have made it easier on both of us.... NOT RUMORS just trying to make it fair to teams....
It is not about who you play at this point, you either can win or not now,,,,, no seeding,,, no conference winners, nothing can prepare you for the game now.......
but getting up at 4am to be at school at 4:30 to open things up for the kids and then leave at 5am is a little much.... I thank the KYMSFA for their effort ..... we were at first wondering why the change but when we found out about Williamsburg travel time it allmade sense.
ManofGOD Wrote:The board swapped brackets yesterdeay before some of the games,,,, I know it was for the betterment of the teams involved, due to not having to travel 4 hours and leave at 5am to play.... The KYMSFA was trying to make it better for the teams playing. I know for a fact that this was not a rumor, as KYMSFA staff were at our game and knew of the change already.

I just know that it would have either saved us a friday night stay in a hotel or not made us leave at 5am to play a football game.

COULD HAVE BEEN. Frankfort vs Russellville which is closer to Lexington and would play the first game,,,,,,
Raceland vs Williamsburg to play inthe second game of that day at 11:30, which would have made it easier on both of us.... NOT RUMORS just trying to make it fair to teams....
It is not about who you play at this point, you either can win or not now,,,,, no seeding,,, no conference winners, nothing can prepare you for the game now.......
but getting up at 4am to be at school at 4:30 to open things up for the kids and then leave at 5am is a little much.... I thank the KYMSFA for their effort ..... we were at first wondering why the change but when we found out about Williamsburg travel time it allmade sense.

I just wish they could have done this same thing in the earlier rounds.
Quote:I just wish they could have done this same thing in the earlier rounds

Me too.
So, when will it be posted who is matched with who in all 3 divisions, and the 7th grade?
b40272 Wrote:So, when will it be posted who is matched with who in all 3 divisions, and the 7th grade?
Lone Oak -Southern Pulaski
Farnsley - Knox Co

Caldwell - Corbin
Lex Cath - Adams/Fleming winner

Russellville- Williamsburg
Raceland - Frankfort

Barren Co - N. Pulaski
Johnson Co -
ManofGOD Wrote:The board swapped brackets yesterdeay before some of the games,,,, I know it was for the betterment of the teams involved, due to not having to travel 4 hours and leave at 5am to play.... The KYMSFA was trying to make it better for the teams playing. I know for a fact that this was not a rumor, as KYMSFA staff were at our game and knew of the change already.

OK, I am gonna respond to this with facts and then maybe we can all just enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

First, The board decided at the end of last year to go from 1v2, 2v4 to 1v3,2v4. The problem was however, at the time of the bracket production, this was omitted. A mistake. When the dracket swaps were announce yesterday, it was only based on last years discussions. We do however understand the issue it created in regards to planning for coaches, so it was reversed. Intitually, it was decided just to give different regions a change to play someone different. It does not matter now. 1v2,2v4 is how it is going to be. As for travel. Even at the highschool level this eventually becomes a problem. Point is, these "Bracket swaps" were not made for logistic reasons at all. They were made way before the season even started. the mistake was strickly made not producing them in the presented brackets.

Secondly, I have a blast on here discussing football, players, issues and ideas. I get it! But we all loose sight of what this playoff is really about sometimes. Our kids are giving there all and even though there have been some issues in the process, it is a blast for them. I had several kids from Eminence yesterday tell me how much they appreciated the opportunity to play in a state playoff game and how they would be supporting the team from their region. They also were glad to have the opportunity to go to the East-West Game and play or watch. We should remember that they are the reason for all of this.

By the way, Russellville is 3 hours from lexington as well. They actually may be further than Williamsburg and Raceland, So they have to get up early to.
Just ask you post who is playing who...and where and time! Like it has been said...nohting to do about it now except PLAY! This is for our boys to have fun and love the game! I think KYMSFA has done a great job, and look forward to this up coming weekend.
So who does Barren 7th play, where, and time?
A couple of post on here have implied that we have complained about traveling early on a saturday. First off we're only about 2 hours away so I'm sure many other schools are worse off than us. Second, we travel all over the state (and sometimes out of state) for our kids all year round no matter what the sport. Our kids are worth the trouble and if someone is complaining just know they are in the minority. We are very grateful for this chance to play in the state semi finals, win or lose.
coach4life Wrote:OK, I am gonna respond to this with facts and then maybe we can all just enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

First, The board decided at the end of last year to go from 1v2, 2v4 to 1v3,2v4. The problem was however, at the time of the bracket production, this was omitted. A mistake. When the dracket swaps were announce yesterday, it was only based on last years discussions. We do however understand the issue it created in regards to planning for coaches, so it was reversed. Intitually, it was decided just to give different regions a change to play someone different. It does not matter now. 1v2,2v4 is how it is going to be. As for travel. Even at the highschool level this eventually becomes a problem. Point is, these "Bracket swaps" were not made for logistic reasons at all. They were made way before the season even started. the mistake was strickly made not producing them in the presented brackets.

Secondly, I have a blast on here discussing football, players, issues and ideas. I get it! But we all loose sight of what this playoff is really about sometimes. Our kids are giving there all and even though there have been some issues in the process, it is a blast for them. I had several kids from Eminence yesterday tell me how much they appreciated the opportunity to play in a state playoff game and how they would be supporting the team from their region. They also were glad to have the opportunity to go to the East-West Game and play or watch. We should remember that they are the reason for all of this.

By the way, Russellville is 3 hours from lexington as well. They actually may be further than Williamsburg and Raceland, So they have to get up early to.

You stole my next post coach. I wass just getting ready to say that I was wrong to make light of the swapping of brackets yesterday. The thing is, there is a enormous amount of work to do for Coach Mann who is the director of the championships (playoffs). It had just slipped his mind about the discussions from last year aobut flipping the regions in the semi's. I feel bad for even joking about this issue yesterday. The reason he is doing the playoffs himself is because there would be a conflict of interest for the other board members if they were to assist him in making out the brackets. The only mistake was forgetting something that was mentioned a year ago and in this high pressure environment I certainly can understand how it could happen. But coach Hawkins said "he is now keeping the brackets as they were first released since alot of the coaches have already been preparing for them. My apologies.
In support of the KYMSFA, we are happy to be playing and we thank you guys for your continued effort to offer a quality program that serves all of the kids who take part. Thanks very Much..
I second that manofgod
BLAH BLAH BLAH:blabbermo........Just play the game and let the best team(s) move on to the championship round.
Pages: 1 2