Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Dismisses S&C Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK has confirmed that strength and conditioning coach Tom Boyd is no longer with the basketball team or the university. Boyd, a nine-year veteran of the staff, was relieved of his duties on Wednesday, a day after the Cats lost at home to Vanderbilt in their Southeastern Conference opener.
Now that makes no sense, He doesnt coach offense does he?
It makes a lot of sense...this team is not conditioned as good as it should be and several players have the same frame on their body that they did when they came to Lexington. Tubby needs to try and bring Rock Oliver back to Lexington to take over the S&C programs...this team could really use the Rock.
"PHSFAN" Wrote:It makes a lot of sense...this team is not conditioned as good as it should be and several players have the same frame on their body that they did when they came to Lexington. Tubby needs to try and bring Rock Oliver back to Lexington to take over the S&C programs...this team could really use the Rock.

Where is Rock Oliver at now PHS?
"torQQue" Wrote:Where is Rock Oliver at now PHS?

He works for the Bengals I believe QQ.
I think that is correct.
Something had to be done hopefully this will help down the line.
This isn't the first time I have posted this--

This has a lot more to do with football and all of the injuries that they had to endure. If anything, basketball just pushed things over the edge.

When you look at the number of football injuries, I have been saying all along that they need to get rid of the SC coach--because the team was not being prepared correctly.

It is my opinion that Tubby is making excuses. He is trying to cover his ass. And after the way football went--they finally had a good enough reason to axe him.
they need 2 get rid of tubby
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:This isn't the first time I have posted this--

This has a lot more to do with football and all of the injuries that they had to endure. If anything, basketball just pushed things over the edge.

When you look at the number of football injuries, I have been saying all along that they need to get rid of the SC coach--because the team was not being prepared correctly.

It is my opinion that Tubby is making excuses. He is trying to cover his ass. And after the way football went--they finally had a good enough reason to axe him.

I think the football and basketball teams have a different S&C coach though I may be wrong. The basketball S&C coach Tom Boyd was the one that was let go and the football S&C coach is Marc Hill and is assistant Chad Hutsko and as far as I know they are still with the team.
Why get rid of tubby. Hes lost 58 games? Correct me if im wrong . But outa 9 years thats good. I agree, he isnt the smartest Recruiter in the world. He could have went and got some post players, They have the talent at the guard position. But no They should not get rid of tubby.
Getting rid of Tubby is crazy and the people who say it needs to be done need to wake up what better coach could you get in his place. He's a top notch coach. This team isn't playing with heart and can't shot worth a nickle at the moment. He can't shot for them and he can't hustle for them, the players are the ones not blocking out and so on. Lay off Tubby give it up already.
Get rid of Tubby!!!!
Can i ask you, like tell some reasons why he should be fired? i told reasons why he shouldnt be fired.
Since they fired their S&C coach the rest of the season will now be saved, I expect them to go the rest of the season undefeated and win the SEC and NCAA.

It make's no sense
Maybe he just wasnt getting the job done as S&C coach (I think everyone can vouch for that who has seen all than invisible muscle than Shagari put on) and Tubby wanted someone else. And btw we wont go undefeated with a new S&C coach, but we wouldnt do it with a new head coach either so just lay off tubby.