Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Game results for 10-23-10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please post all game results from todays games.
Johnson County 7th 38 Boyd County 22 Final
Lexington Catholic All-Stars 14
Henry Co. 12
BellyJump Wrote:Lexington Catholic All-Stars 14
Henry Co. 12

lol, somebody seems to have eaten sour grapes. Heck we played as bad as we have in 2 years (fumble on the 1, fumble on the 11, and another at midfield, a pick at Henry's 20) and still was able to sneak one out. Henry does have a really good team tho but the Lex Cath "allstars" lol prevailed.
32 to 20 heck of a good game way to go TROJANS see you in lexington
Williamsburg 36 Cumberland 14
Newjacket Wrote:Williamsburg 36 Cumberland 14

Williamsburg must be the real deal. I can't wait to watch them play in the semi's.
BCMS...yeah Barren 7th grade did it. Everyone I read on here said they wouldnt. Even had some bad calls NOT MADE that should have been made.(was wishing I had a red flag in my own packet to throw out) But that is the way it goes at times. Didnt bother out boys any though! They pulled it out and beat LONE OAK FLASH 32/20! Way to go ..boys I love to watch you play! You are all BEAST!
7th grade North Laurel Middle School defeated Paris 44-26.
Who won the North Pulaski vs Meade County game?
Frankfort 66 - Eminence 8
tackle99 Wrote:Who won the North Pulaski vs Meade County game?

Northern Pulaski 26-6
Anyone know who won Paducah/ Chaldwell game???
Caldwell beat Paducah 22-20.
Iam4theFlash Wrote:Caldwell beat Paducah 22-20.

ok...caldwell will play Lex. Cath
Looks like the tri-county area will have 4 teams in the semifinal games.....Way to go CORBIN, WILLIAMSBURG, KNOX COUNTY & NORTH LAUREL!!!:Clap::rockon:
Raceland defeated Paris 52-20 today to advance to the final 4 and represent Region 4, they will face frankfort or Williamburg in the semi-finals on Saturday depending on how the regions work out.... Conrats to Paris on a great game and awesome hospitality.
knighted Wrote:lol, somebody seems to have eaten sour grapes. Heck we played as bad as we have in 2 years (fumble on the 1, fumble on the 11, and another at midfield, a pick at Henry's 20) and still was able to sneak one out. Henry does have a really good team tho but the Lex Cath "allstars" lol prevailed.

Is there a Lexington Catholic Middle School? No. So what would you call this team?

BTW. No sour grapes at all. Have no dog in the fight. Just talked to a few people about the makeup of the team.
BellyJump Wrote:Is there a Lexington Catholic Middle School? No. So what would you call this team?

BTW. No sour grapes at all. Have no dog in the fight. Just talked to a few people about the makeup of the team.

Like other teams that participate in KYMSFA is team of small schools that. All-star would imply there is lower level of competition to draw from - there is none. This is every kid in the Bluegrass area playing. About half the team is 7th graders. Some are first year players that only played after coaches visited the schools after the school year started.
BellyJump Wrote:Is there a Lexington Catholic Middle School? No. So what would you call this team?

I wonder why nobody ever accuses Bell County of having an "allstar" team even though they have no middle school either. Or how about Shelby Valley? New Harlan? There are quite a few without middle schools but for some reason Lex Cath is the only school people whine about. We have 7 8th graders on team and the rest is 7th graders. The only reason we have had an undefeated season is because we have been lucky not to of had a lot of injuries. Our depth chart is nil.:zzz:
knighted Wrote:I wonder why nobody ever accuses Bell County of having an "allstar" team even though they have no middle school either. Or how about Shelby Valley? New Harlan? There are quite a few without middle schools but for some reason Lex Cath is the only school people whine about. We have 7 8th graders on team and the rest is 7th graders. The only reason we have had an undefeated season is because we have been lucky not to of had a lot of injuries. Our depth chart is nil.:zzz:

This just shows how llittle I know. Didn't know about the other teams. Just seems unfair that these teams pick players from multiple middle schools and the others from one. What do you think?
Congrats to all the winners!!!
knighted Wrote:lol, somebody seems to have eaten sour grapes. Heck we played as bad as we have in 2 years (fumble on the 1, fumble on the 11, and another at midfield, a pick at Henry's 20) and still was able to sneak one out. Henry does have a really good team tho but the Lex Cath "allstars" lol prevailed.

What if Henry Co's Superstar was healthy. He was injured Wed at Western
knighted Wrote:I wonder why nobody ever accuses Bell County of having an "allstar" team even though they have no middle school either. Or how about Shelby Valley? New Harlan? There are quite a few without middle schools but for some reason Lex Cath is the only school people whine about. We have 7 8th graders on team and the rest is 7th graders. The only reason we have had an undefeated season is because we have been lucky not to of had a lot of injuries. Our depth chart is nil.:zzz:
Knighted you forget that we did have are two best receivers out against LCA with concussions and still beat them soundly. By my count Lex Cath has six 7 graders that start. If Lex Cath is recruiting they are doing a poor of recruting big 8th graders. Players come from small private schools that do not have the funding from tax dollars to afford seperate teams.
Old Henry Man Wrote:What if Henry Co's Superstar was healthy. He was injured Wed at Western

Its hard to say for sure. Mason Fish is the best running back that we have played against, but the way our linebackers were in your backfield all day doesn't seem to indicate that he would of had a banner day. Henry co. was held scoreless in the first half when fish was still playing, so you guys outscored us without him. Personally I think our O- coach changed his playbook and got away from what gave us over 200 yds. of offense in the first half. 165 yds passing first half and 62 in second half with Mason out of the game. Of course when had more yds. rushing the the 2nd half but we probably wouldn't of tried to run it if Fish was still playing. AS good as he his at RB I think he's just as good as LB. Still yet we complete a pass down to the one and when the boy tried to stretch the ball out over the goal line it bounce into the end zone when the ball hit the ground. I'm no ref but I always thought the ball can't cause a fumble, but that's history. It was a great game to watch reguardless. Just wondering but how did your 7th grade team do this year? Are we going to have to play you guys again next year in regional?
knighted Wrote:Its hard to say for sure. Mason Fish is the best running back that we have played against, but the way our linebackers were in your backfield all day doesn't seem to indicate that he would of had a banner day. Henry co. was held scoreless in the first half when fish was still playing, so you guys outscored us without him. Personally I think our O- coach changed his playbook and got away from what gave us over 200 yds. of offense in the first half. 165 yds passing first half and 62 in second half with Mason out of the game. Of course when had more yds. rushing the the 2nd half but we probably wouldn't of tried to run it if Fish was still playing. AS good as he his at RB I think he's just as good as LB. Still yet we complete a pass down to the one and when the boy tried to stretch the ball out over the goal line it bounce into the end zone when the ball hit the ground. I'm no ref but I always thought the ball can't cause a fumble, but that's history. It was a great game to watch reguardless. Just wondering but how did your 7th grade team do this year? Are we going to have to play you guys again next year in regional?
Please understand, knighted, I am not trying to start anything. It is not the kids fault nor the coaches. The system is just impaired. But I love how the middle schools are getting more organized to the point they can have a playoff. Here's to building on this year's progress.
BellyJump Wrote:This just shows how llittle I know. Didn't know about the other teams. Just seems unfair that these teams pick players from multiple middle schools and the others from one. What do you think?

Just so that this grass is greener situation has some perspective...Understand that what happens is not 'picking' - there are no tryouts, anyone who wants to plays is on the team and puts on a uniform. In fact, what happens is selling and recruiting to get kids AND PARENTS committed to this centralized program. No Catholic school in Fayette county or the surrounding counties could field a team at all. Some have 2 classrooms (60 kids) per grade some have less than 1. There are no localized schools teams at all. In the last few years the coaches always have to make visits to the schools to get more players. And then the parents have to be sold - because they have to drive every day to a central location - up to 40 miles round trip, wait for 2 hours for practice to be over and then drive back. So its a 3+ hour commitment by parents Monday through Thursday since practice is from 6 - 8 p.m. after the high school is done with the field. The logistics alone cause some good players to not play at the MS level.

Also, just so you know kids can only play if their school does not have an affiliation or is a feeder schools into a High School that has a football team. No public school MS students, etc.

So on the surface this 'multi-school' approach may sound like a advantage. But in reality its mostly a burdensome necessity that has drawbacks with it also.
Old Henry Man Wrote:What if Henry Co's Superstar was healthy. He was injured Wed at Western

In a game of big plays its never good to have a 'big' play guy out.

[Image: 1061574836_6uuje-S.jpg]

As for the goal line fumble. Give #3 from Henry County credit. He came in and made the hit that popped the ball out. It was not the impact with the ground. Great play by #3.

[Image: 1061562040_LX9yn-S.jpg]
[Image: 1061563255_gwHXM-S.jpg]
[Image: 1061566019_wVqkB-S.jpg]
wow!nice camera work. Is there another picture you left out that shows where the ball was when his knee touched the ground cause in this pic his knee is clearly on theground and the ball is falling out. Tough call for the ref either way but this one might need to be challenged.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Just so that this grass is greener situation has some perspective...Understand that what happens is not 'picking' - there are no tryouts, anyone who wants to plays is on the team and puts on a uniform. In fact, what happens is selling and recruiting to get kids AND PARENTS committed to this centralized program. No Catholic school in Fayette county or the surrounding counties could field a team at all. Some have 2 classrooms (60 kids) per grade some have less than 1. There are no localized schools teams at all. In the last few years the coaches always have to make visits to the schools to get more players. And then the parents have to be sold - because they have to drive every day to a central location - up to 40 miles round trip, wait for 2 hours for practice to be over and then drive back. So its a 3+ hour commitment by parents Monday through Thursday since practice is from 6 - 8 p.m. after the high school is done with the field. The logistics alone cause some good players to not play at the MS level.

Also, just so you know kids can only play if their school does not have an affiliation or is a feeder schools into a High School that has a football team. No public school MS students, etc.

So on the surface this 'multi-school' approach may sound like a advantage. But in reality its mostly a burdensome necessity that has drawbacks with it also.

Gotcha...thanks for the explanation! :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2