Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ethics??????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is everyones thoughts on this.
Is it proper conduct to tape your opponents practice the night before a playoff game???????
I believe if a coach prepares his team correctly, then this is not necessary. A good coach will have his team ready for just about anything, and will know how to react to "surprises". To "spy" is not good sportsmanship or tact.:dontthink
Those are my thoughts exactly.
This happened this afternoon, as our team was prepairing for tomorrows game.
One of our players approached the person who was videoing the practice, and the person got in their car and drove off.
Our player saw the county on the liscense plate, and it was from the county where we will be playing tomorrow.
Maybe this was a coincedence, but i dont think so.
b40272 Wrote:Those are my thoughts exactly.
This happened this afternoon, as our team was prepairing for tomorrows game.
One of our players approached the person who was videoing the practice, and the person got in their car and drove off.
Our player saw the county on the liscense plate, and it was from the county where we will be playing tomorrow.
Maybe this was a coincedence, but i dont think so.

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyeroll:
You need to post the name of this team! I would hate for this to happen again
anderson
My thoughts: I have watched a game of an opponent we would play, to scout them and see basic information.
I have heard that one team would have someone at our games taking notes, sitting behind our bench listening to calls, writing the calls down and keeping track of plays.
Apparently you know you have been scouted when the offensive coach calls the play and the other team echoes the call and adjusts.

Film on your opponent is swapped in high school, filming of you opponent in middle school should be allowed or trading tape of your opponent should be allowed.

Having teams film your EVERY game and sit behind the bench and plot and graph your every play......well I think that is going over the top.

So with the growing of the KYMSFA should we be able to trade film on each of us when we go to the playoffs???

Some of these teams have never even heard of each other, let alone know what basic O-D they may run.

Just my thoughts,,, OH and make sure that you bench and first 5 rows behind you are filled with your fans and not some new person with a clipboard and camers and audio recorder....
I have no problem with the game film swaps.
Just as Joker Phillips im sure doesnt care about game film swaps,,,,,,
but im guessing if we showed up to film one of his practices, we would not be treated very nicely.

On a side note, this past Saturday, lexington Catholic had people in the stands at the Henry co / western game, with cameras video recorders, and notebooks. THey all had their Lexington Catholic gear on,,,so they wern't trying to hide who they were.
I really would like to see that game.
b40272 Wrote:I have no problem with the game film swaps.
Just as Joker Phillips im sure doesnt care about game film swaps,,,,,,
but im guessing if we showed up to film one of his practices, we would not be treated very nicely.

On a side note, this past Saturday, lexington Catholic had people in the stands at the Henry co / western game, with cameras video recorders, and notebooks. THey all had their Lexington Catholic gear on,,,so they wern't trying to hide who they were.
I really would like to see that game.

I agree with a film swap. My old high school coach would say " I don't care if the know our plays!!!! They still have to stop us!!!":ChairHit:
And....What if if had nothing to do with another team having the practice taped?????
voljacketfan Wrote:I agree with a film swap. My old high school coach would say " I don't care if the know our plays!!!! They still have to stop us!!!":ChairHit:

I agree with swapping tape or taping someones games, but when it comes to taping a practice, I think that is off limits. I think every team should turn in their previous game film to a "film bank" (to me for example):biggrin: and then I could mail them out to the proper teams so every team could not gain an unfair advantage. but that just an idea......
Nothing wrong with other teams " SCOUTING " another team during a game. It happens in ALL level of football ( h.s., college, NFL ). Takes notes or even video tape it.....But to film another teams practice? Get a life. :dontthink
Go one step further and record the calls of the play and graph them out so when coach calls his play on the sideline.... the defense will change on the offense call and know the result of the play ..... Had this happen this year. I agree, scouting is one thing but to sit behind YOUR bench and listen to the play and graph where it goes,,, well I can it too ways...1. You are really worried about us so you are going the extra mile to assure you have the upper hand. or 2. You dont trust your coaching abilities to make game changes to stop the offense.. either way you go...... sounds like you need a new coach!!!!!!
heres one for ya...how about a home team having walkie talkies for communicating with each other during gameplay...knowing the visiting team have not been made aware or given the opportunity to have the same provisions?
High Schools have a unwritten rule that a team can not tape an opposing team's game.
The coaches out of respect are not suppose to wear their "Colors" to the game.
Old Henry Man Wrote:High Schools have a unwritten rule that a team can not tape an opposing team's game.
The coaches out of respect are not suppose to wear their "Colors" to the game.

Not sure about the disrespect but I personally think its better for coaches to wear their colors while scouting teams so that opposing teams well know they are being watched. It looks a bit underhanded if the coaches show up in civilian clothes. Just my opinion.
knighted Wrote:Not sure about the disrespect but I personally think its better for coaches to wear their colors while scouting teams so that opposing teams well know they are being watched. It looks a bit underhanded if the coaches show up in civilian clothes. Just my opinion.

I see your point concerning wearing your team's colors, but ask a High School coach about it and the taping without permission.
I would always wear my colors to a game if I am going to watch a team play. I want them to know that i am there and they can talk or ask me what ever they want while I am there. I think it is best not to try to hide....
To rectify....only one lex cath coach had cath clothing ....I think the others were in camoflauge doing military crawls and parachuting from helicopters .... the others were taking notes.....totally a standard practice. As to filming practice....thats off limits!!! I do know of a staff that was planted behind the cath bench taking notes on hand signals...too funny....didnt help them !!!
Must have a lot of balls to do that..
OH not Lex Cath on that call about copying signals and calls from the home side... NO this was during a regular season game and NOT Lex Cath!!
Before you post. Be sure you have the right subject to talk about. ManofGod WAS NOT talking about LexCath posting themselves behind the bench and try to steal hand sign or signal. That was Bill Belachick of the New England Patriots. In all fun......it was not Catholic.Confusedhh:
Thanks
Filiming practice or scouting practice is going too far. Film exchange and filiming opponents is not that uncommon. I think some of you of you would be surprised who will give you film at times.

Things that are common practice
1) charting plays: Maybe this is what the guy is talking about scouting but it is common to chart plays. Down and distance. Formations. Personal. The accuatly play such as routes and blocking assignments.
2) Film: We get film from all sorts of people. Trust me there is someone that yo uplay that will be more than happy to give film of you away.

Filming opponents games: Not common but in MS there is no rule on film exchange and the film is not always the best. It is a no no in the HS ranks. Now HS scouts do wear their team gear. Trust me Trinity is not shy about who they are when they walk into a place.

As far as stealing signals goes. I am not big on it. I know teams do it and it is part of the game. I know Lex Cath has stolen our signals. The coaches were yelling in the play. Easy fix is we blocked it and used two signalers and problem was solved.
Sometimes it feels like it is everything to win
Are you talking High school or middle school???? What team is saying cath stole your signals????? Who is using that as an excuse?????:lmao:
If coaches were yelling in the play its because of predictability / not stealing signals!!!!
snipes8 Wrote:Are you talking High school or middle school???? What team is saying cath stole your signals????? Who is using that as an excuse?????:lmao:

Why don't we just hold up here a sec before you do the whole lmao crap. Also you might want to read something before you jump to conclusions. No one was making an excuse. They scouted and picked up the hand signals. They knew the hand signals on the first series of the game. It took a few plays for us to pick up on it and we fixed it. We used two signalers and had our O stand so the could not see us. We are a no huddle team so your going to see the signals a number of times. Has nothing to do with being predictable.

In the years we have used the hand signals no one in game has ever picked up on them. They are trying to get their defense called and set.
Henry Co is not crying over the filming of the Western game.
But it is a ethic question.
what team are we talking about barrel ?
Pages: 1 2