Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida picked to win the SEC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Media Days are over and the Media has picked the Florida Gators to win the East and Mississippi State to win the West.Also picked the Gators to win the SEC. I'm sure a lot of us in the Big Blue Nation disagree!

Here is how the Media voted:

Eastern Division- Points
Florida (13)--110
Kentucky (3)-- 95
Georgia (2)-- 72
Tennessee (2)-- 71
Vanderbilt-- 52
South Carolina-- 20

Western Division- Points
Mississippi State (18)-- 118
Ole Miss (2)-- 84
Alabama-- 82
Arkansas-- 72
LSU-- 41
Auburn-- 23
A smart betting man would choose Florida because of the experience of the team. But I am not a believer. I'm as worried about Georgia as I am Florida. Cats have to prove themselves all over again, and as much as i would like to believe the Cats can repeat last years success, that is too optimistic. I'm fine with not winning the league, but a run in the SEC tournament would be more beneficial to the Cats than the league.
UGA can be REALLY dangerous next year. Coach Mark Fox is a great X's and O's kind of coach and he inherited a lot of talent. When those two things mix, it is REALLY dangerous!
MVP2 Wrote:Media Days are over and the Media has picked the Florida Gators to win the East and Mississippi State to win the West.Also picked the Gators to win the SEC. I'm sure a lot of us in the Big Blue Nation disagree!

Here is how the Media voted:

Eastern Division- Points
Florida (13)--110
Kentucky (3)-- 95
Georgia (2)-- 72
Tennessee (2)-- 71
Vanderbilt-- 52
South Carolina-- 20

Western Division- Points
Mississippi State (18)-- 118
Ole Miss (2)-- 84
Alabama-- 82
Arkansas-- 72
LSU-- 41
Auburn-- 23

I'm sure that this is based on if Enes does not get eligible. If this was based on if we had Enes, then I'd say Kentucky is #1. If he does not, I'd agree only because of the players that Florida is returning, they will be a VERY experienced team, which makes them look better than Kentucky just because of our youth. I do think that Kentucky is better than Florida, but unless Enes gets eligible, to other people, Florida is better.
LWC Wrote:UGA can be REALLY dangerous next year. Coach Mark Fox is a great X's and O's kind of coach and he inherited a lot of talent. When those two things mix, it is REALLY dangerous!

I agree, Coach Fox is very good Xs and Os coach. UGA will be a very dangerous team.
No way that the Gators are gonna win the SEC!!!
MisterPerfect Wrote:No way that the Gators are gonna win the SEC!!!

"No Way" is a pretty bold statement. Why do you feel that way?
gators might get the regular season title but the wildcats will get the only title that matters the sec championship title
I see Auburn winning it....
zaga_fan Wrote:I see Auburn winning it....

This is basketball bro.
MVP2 Wrote:This is basketball bro.

It was a joke.
That's why I put the ...... at the end lol
UK obviously will be the most talented team in the conference. Georgia and Florida returns some key players with experience. What did the teams that made the final four last year have in common? They all had experience. UK won't be as good as they were last year, especially if Kanter don't get eligible(hope to God he does though). IMO well still be a top 15 team though.
Aslan Wrote:UK obviously will be the most talented team in the conference. Georgia and Florida returns some key players with experience. What did the teams that made the final four last year have in common? They all had experience. UK won't be as good as they were last year, especially if Kanter don't get eligible(hope to God he does though). IMO well still be a top 15 team though.

Experience goes a lot further than people think.
I heard Cal say at Memphis that he would take talent over experience EVERY time.

IMO you have to have at least some veteran leadership to have a shot at winning the title.
I don't mean having a senior that comes off the bench or has limited playing time either.
I think you need several on every team.
Ask Kansas what they thought about Northern Iowa....
that teams talent level was nowhere near the Jay Hawks' level...
but they still got upset and IMO I think it was all because of the experience.
MisterPerfect Wrote:No way that the Gators are gonna win the SEC!!!

I agree.

Stardust Wrote:A smart betting man would choose Florida because of the experience of the team. But I am not a believer. I'm as worried about Georgia as I am Florida. Cats have to prove themselves all over again, and as much as i would like to believe the Cats can repeat last years success, that is too optimistic. I'm fine with not winning the league, but a run in the SEC tournament would be more beneficial to the Cats than the league.

A smart betting man yes. But I will take talent over experience anyday.

Stardust;1068816[B Wrote:]"No Way" is a pretty bold statement.[/B] Why do you feel that way?

Well if it is I will go ahead and mark it down as well and say "The Gators WILL NOT win the SEC championship this year."

ky_football Wrote:gators might get the regular season title but the wildcats will get the only title that matters the sec championship title

Not even close.

zaga_fan Wrote:Experience goes a lot further than people think.
I heard Cal say at Memphis that he would take talent over experience EVERY time.

IMO you have to have at least some veteran leadership to have a shot at winning the title.
I don't mean having a senior that comes off the bench or has limited playing time either.
I think you need several on every team.
Ask Kansas what they thought about Northern Iowa....
that teams talent level was nowhere near the Jay Hawks' level...
but they still got upset and IMO I think it was all because of the experience.

Oh is that why UK made it so far in the tourney last year and finished 35-3 with the SEC championship?? :please:
I'd trade a few regular season loses in a tougher conference and a championship.
UK had a great season, but they don't hang elite 8 banners up at Rupp.
Experience is not overrated. Every team that made the final 4 last year had it. That's not a coincidence.
Kentucky will win the SEC East and the SEC Crown!!
Hope so!! It is kind of a good think to let these younger players work some what under the radar in the SEC> nothing is really under the radar with UK< But lets a little bit of pressure off of them.
Ballers Wrote:I agree.

A smart betting man yes. But I will take talent over experience anyday.

Well if it is I will go ahead and mark it down as well and say "The Gators WILL NOT win the SEC championship this year."

Not even close.

Oh is that why UK made it so far in the tourney last year and finished 35-3 with the SEC championship?? :please:

No...
the reason they finished 35-3 with an SEC title is because of talent.
Lack of experience is the reason why they didn't WIN the championship that matters.
Just like Demarcus Cousins said. Treat each other like brothers, and listen to Coach Cal. If they do that then they will be a very dangerous team.