Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Robinhood play football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that nobody can state how home field advantage is determined in the next round of playoffs: Typically an honor earned by a higher seeded team. Thats the advantage of earning a higher seed. Now I am hearing that a coin flip may be a deciding factor or even more absurd that we want to make things fair for the lower seeds that have not gotten to play at home and make the higher seeds travel. Does anyone know the real dealeo? Sounds like Robinhood will be taking points from one team at the half and giving to another to make all equal. Dont coaches preach "work hard to excell and you will be rewarded with playing time" or "practice hard / play hard". Kids earn time, teams earn victories and the seeding process rewards home field advantage. In football, just as in life - there should be rewards for hard work. If not lets just draw out of a hat and make this great sport like soccer and say "yipee.....we can end in a tie and all be winners" (lol). Just sayin !?:please:
It is based on in order, head to head match up, and then points average.
Head to head? I would guess most teams would not have played their opp. in the Quaterfinals. Points average? (1) Is this the points a team has scored thru out the season? (2) Just playoffs? (3) Season and playoffs? (4) Points a team has acquired for teams they have beaten 30, 20, 10 depending on the size of the school? If #1 or #2 that is rewarding a team for running up the score! Basketball or Baseball tournaments I have been around use (1) points or runs allowed, (2) margin of victory (3) points or runs scored, (4) coin flip.
Not your scoring average. It is your schedule average, using the 30,20,10. So an undefeated team that played only div 2 teams could end up on the road to a team that played only div 1 teams if their overall average was higher.
I am a little confused. Everyone knows if you do a playoff that the higher seed will always host the game. Last year the Ny Jets were a wild card team and they had to travel in all of their playoffs games last postseason. It would've been strange for them to expect or even ask to host a game because they were a lower seed...
Hey Rich Brooks why should Barren not host Lone Oak this saturday? Barren 240 points Lone Oak 190 points. Glasgow 7th played home game at 10:00 and 8th played at Corbin at5:00 about 3 hour + bus trip.
I have no idea, Im just a believer in the system and im sure it has kinks. I am in no way associated with this tourney
Do teams get points for wins during the playoffs???? That would be unfair for a team that gets a bye
A few different things.

1) No you do not get pts in the playoffs. Now to they did keep getting points in the playoffs it would either be pointless because the gap would never change between teams unless there was a bye. Now if a team had a bye I'm sorry but they would have no right to complain. They are playing 1 less game so no sympathey for a bye team.

2) Now I know everyone feels like they have a great team and feels slighted when they have to go on the road. Well I hate to break it to you guys but not all confrences and schedules are made a like. So you might go 10-0 in your confrence but in another conference you would be 5-5 or something. This playoff system is much closer to what a college football playoff would be like as opposed to the NFL.
Lets all play football. We all are jockying for our teams...just as I am. The Board has experienced huge growth and experiencing what many of us see as glitches in the system......but this is all part of growth and a competitive arena. So lets all re-focus and and get back to what we are about......."play the game". If want to truly claim to be the best....we got to win wherever we play!!!!
snipes8 Wrote:Lets all play football. We all are jockying for our teams...just as I am. The Board has experienced huge growth and experiencing what many of us see as glitches in the system......but this is all part of growth and a competitive arena. So lets all re-focus and and get back to what we are about......."play the game". If want to truly claim to be the best....we got to win wherever we play!!!!
Amen!!!
refer to todays posting by snipes8 under thread does robinhood play
:eyeroll: