Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg vs. Cumberland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The two teams will be fighting for the region title. Who will be the champs? And what will be the outcome?
Old_Jacket Wrote:The two teams will be fighting for the region title. Who will be the champs? And what will be the outcome?
I would love to come watch that game.
Williamsburg will win. This group of boys are hungry.:rockon:
I've witnessed both teams, and I like Williamsburg style, but I think they will fall short.
Cumberland.... Power football at its finest. I think your right BobCat Fan, Williamsburg can't handle Cumberland! Who will we play after we run through Williamsburg?
Redskinfan Wrote:Cumberland.... Power football at its finest. I think your right BobCat Fan, Williamsburg can't handle Cumberland! Who will we play after we run through Williamsburg?

Ok redskinfan let's face facts. You lost to Middlesboro and North Laurel. Two teams we destroyed. You barely beat Meece, a team that was shut down by both Southern Pulaski and Corbin. Two teams that were unable to stop our offense. How can you honestly think you can hang with us?
Redskinfan Wrote:Cumberland.... Power football at its finest. I think your right BobCat Fan, Williamsburg can't handle Cumberland! Who will we play after we run through Williamsburg?

I love power football. I am from a power football state. Hold on, Isn't Cumberland in KYConfusedhh:. KY is not know for power football..... Interesting. Oh good luck on Saturday:thatsfunn

I don't think BobCat Fan said that we couldn't handle Cumberland. Redskin fan I noticed that you haven't responded to the question that was ask of what teams we have played in common and if you won or lost. You sure seem to have it out for us and from what I can tell we sure haven't talked any trash about your team.
Jacket4Life Wrote:I don't think BobCat Fan said that we couldn't handle Cumberland. Redskin fan I noticed that you haven't responded to the question that was ask of what teams we have played in common and if you won or lost. You sure seem to have it out for us and from what I can tell we sure haven't talked any trash about your team.

Past scores don't matter. We can play the guessing game all night... I know that Cumberland is going to come out on top. My prediction:
Cumberland 42 Williamsburg 28 :thatsfunn
Redskinfan Wrote:Past scores don't matter. We can play the guessing game all night... I know that Cumberland is going to come out on top. My prediction:
Cumberland 42 Williamsburg 28 :thatsfunn

They don't matter only because they show how much better we are. My prediction a complete blowout. Wburg 52 Cumberland 18.
It doesnt matter, you are just playing for 2nd, cause Raceland is going to take it all....
BM82 Wrote:It doesnt matter, you are just playing for 2nd, cause Raceland is going to take it all....

Well thank you BM82, we all from Williamsburg/Cumberland appreciate you butting in and giving us your two cents! I think you have bigger priorities to think about at the moment. I'm sure Williamsburg/Cumberland would really like to hear your trash talking in a couple of weeks! But for now we really don't care. But hey, thanks for stopping by! :Thumbs:
Old_Jacket Wrote:Well thank you BM82, we all from Williamsburg/Cumberland appreciate you butting in and giving us your two cents! I think you have bigger priorities to think about at the moment. I'm sure Williamsburg/Cumberland would really like to hear your trash talking in a couple of weeks! But for now we really don't care. But hey, thanks for stopping by! :Thumbs:

LOL, I agree with you Old Jacket. Sometimes we can't just have a friendly private dispute without someone butting in. I did like your reply to him tho.:ChairHit:
knighted Wrote:LOL, I agree with you Old Jacket. Sometimes we can't just have a friendly private dispute without someone butting in. I did like your reply to him tho.:ChairHit:
Me too! He is a busy body for sure. Cant keep frankfort off his lips either.
knighted Wrote:LOL, I agree with you Old Jacket. Sometimes we can't just have a friendly private dispute without someone butting in. I did like your reply to him tho.:ChairHit:

Yeah man, we're just doing some good natured trash talking here and someone we won't play until the finals wants to bud in???
They will not make the finals anyway. He is getting way to far out in front of himself. There is a little team in Central Ky. that may have something for Raceland. HeHe
coach4life Wrote:Me too! He is a busy body for sure. Cant keep frankfort off his lips either.

Well.... He says he has seen the Lex Cath vs Frankfort game on film and seems to know a bit about the Ashland area. Either a musketeer or a Ram. Does seem to have it out for you guys too coach.
coach4life Wrote:They will not make the finals anyway. He is getting way to far out in front of himself. There is a little team in Central Ky. that may have something for Raceland. HeHe

LOL, I did hear that!!!!!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I had heard that Williamsburg has a kid out...ACL or something?
williamsburg doesn't have any 1 from any other county....... all their players have been going 2 williamsburg since first grade except for like 2 kids that came from whitley.
I've seen Willamsburg play they are a very well Coached team I think they will win the D3 statechampionship.
PhatBoy Wrote:I had heard that Williamsburg has a kid out...ACL or something?

Williamsburg has had a kid out.... Andrew Griffith (6'1 180 FB/WR 7th grader) brother of Skyler Griffith and he has been out since the first go around with Middlesboro. Last play of the game he was hit from the side and tore is ACL... We hated the loss, but its good he is only 12! He will make a speedy recovery and be back in action next year.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Williamsburg has had a kid out.... Andrew Griffith (6'1 180 FB/WR 7th grader) brother of Skyler Griffith and he has been out since the first go around with Middlesboro. Last play of the game he was hit from the side and tore is ACL... We hated the loss, but its good he is only 12! He will make a speedy recovery and be back in action next year.

Dang, that's a big 12 year old...............
I watched willamsburg middle play Corbin a few weeks back and Corbin has a very good team and Willamsburg played there tale off Corbin won in a close one 34-26 so I still think Willamsburg will win the state in there size.They have some good kids that do just what there Coached to do and the QB is very good.
cms32 Wrote:i watched willamsburg middle play corbin a few weeks back and corbin has a very good team and willamsburg played there tale off corbin won in a close one 34-26 so i still think willamsburg will win the state in there size.they have some good kids that do just what there coached to do and the qb is very good.

correct score was 40-28. But i will agree williamsburg is an excellent team and will give anyone fits that they play in the state tournament. If their kids can stay healthy they have a really good shot at winning a state title. Would love to see two state titles with corbin and williamsburg at the same time.
OldBobcat Wrote:correct score was 40-28. But i will agree williamsburg is an excellent team and will give anyone fits that they play in the state tournament. If their kids can stay healthy they have a really good shot at winning a state title. Would love to see two state titles with corbin and williamsburg at the same time.

Let's go for three in the area and pull for Knox.
OldBobcat Wrote:correct score was 40-28. But i will agree williamsburg is an excellent team and will give anyone fits that they play in the state tournament. If their kids can stay healthy they have a really good shot at winning a state title. Would love to see two state titles with corbin and williamsburg at the same time.

Thanks for the support, we are rooting for Corbin down here as well as the other local teams too. Good luck to all this weekend and may all the kids remain injury free.
Old Redhound Wrote:Let's go for three in the area and pull for Knox.

Corbin, Williamsburg, and Knox winning state in each division....Cool beans!!!!!!!:Clap::popcorn:
Not sure who will win this one but I am pulling for my neighbors across the mountain. Good luck Coach Bailey and the Redskins, Letcher County is pulling for you guys. Don't underestimate this team because they have a lot of talent and they play with a lot of heart. They are one of the better coached teams that we have played against this year and they are very, very fundamentally sound.
voljacketfan Wrote:Corbin, Williamsburg, and Knox winning state in each division....Cool beans!!!!!!!:Clap::popcorn:

No love for Lex Cath????????:Wave::blondeche
Pages: 1 2