Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia @ Kentucky 10/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Georgia (3-4) Wins Over: Louisiana Lafayette 55-7, Tennessee 41-14, Vanderbilt 43-0. Loses: South Carolina 17-6, Arkansas 31-24, Mississippi State 24-12, Colorado 29-27.

Kentucky (4-3) Wins Over: Louisville 23-16, Western Kentucky 63-28, Akron 47-10, South Carolina 31-28. Loses: Florida 48-14, Ole Miss 42-35, Auburn 37-34.

Last Years Game: Kentucky 34-27 (@ Georgia)

thoughts?
Kentucky can win this game, and I think they will

Kentucky-24
Georgia-21
I like our chance of winning this one, If Locke plays, I like it even more.

UK-34
GA-28
This game could go either way. UK is coming off a huge win and Jawja has been playing awesome lately. I'll say UK edges the dawgs by a field goal..
Hartline with another huge game. Cats win 35-24.
If the Cats keep playing like they have been then there is no doubt in my mind that we win this game! One thing that I wonder, Does Steve Brown scout the opponents defense before the game? Because the way the past two games have been it seems as if he hasn't properly prepared the defense for the opposing team but rather he does so at halftime! Anyways, I think UK wins this one by multiple scores especially since this one is at home! GO CATS!!!

Kentucky - 31

Georgia - 14
UkFan23 Wrote:Hartline with another huge game. Cats win 35-24.

Have you ever predicted a UK loss :p
UK goes as Hartline goes, and since he gives UK the best chance to win, I like our chances to beat the Dogs
UK pulls it out in this one.

UK-34
Georgia-20
UK since its at commonwealth!
aslan Wrote:have you ever predicted a uk loss :p

never!
Stardust Wrote:UK goes as Hartline goes, and since he gives UK the best chance to win, I like our chances to beat the Dogs

I like the way you think my friend.

I like our chances if our defense can play the way they have the past two games.

Hopefully Steve Brown won't go away from the blitzing, because it's working.
As well as UK played in the second half yesterday, the Dawgs seem to have found their stride the last two weeks, and they are playing some good football. Should be a good game, but Ill take the Bulldogs.

Georgia 41
Kentucky 34
For UK to win this one the defence is going to have to step it up and play a full game. The past two weeks Kentucky has let teams run all over them in the first hafe. They cant afford to fall behind in this game like they did against Auburn & South Carolina. Hope the cats can pull it out tho.
UK wins by 6
Hopefully the 3GS half cats will show up for the 1st half!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I like the way you think my friend.

I like our chances if our defense can play the way they have the past two games.

Hopefully Steve Brown won't go away from the blitzing, because it's working.

you mean the way they played the second halfs, because against Auburn, the 1st half i believe you said fire him along with others,lol
Cats at home by 10
Cats in a tough one at home.
Everybody in the SEC knows they aren't gonna get out of commonwealth stadium without a fight, And I love it. This is two of the hardest hitting teams in the Country going at it. Luckily for us the Cats have proven over the past few years that they WILL NOT be physically beat by any team. Georgia will get thumped early and often. I look for this to be the breakout game for UK's defense.

UK-21
UGA-10
Kentucky-31
Georgia-27
When was the last time UK beat Georgia at Commonwealth? 06? I dunno, this can be a close one. Georgia has had UK's number at Commonwealth lately, but Imma say UK by <10
Real Badman Wrote:When was the last time UK beat Georgia at Commonwealth? 06? I dunno, this can be a close one. Georgia has had UK's number at Commonwealth lately, but Imma say UK by <10

2006 would be correct that is when the goal posts came down and IMO when Kentucky football got over the probation hump
I talked to a few defensive players today and they have excited to see what the unit is going to do this weekend. Like someone above stated, I think this will be the breakout game for the defense.

Kentucky 31
Georgia 13
This game has SO MUCH meaning for the long term outlook of the season. We have proved that we can hang with some of the best defenses (South Carolina) and manage against the highest power offense (Auburn). BUT we have also have shown that we can play down to the opponent, let mistakes snowball and ultimately kill us (Ole Miss). I will say that UK has learned from the mistakes of Ole Miss and understand that they ARE the better team and CAN NOT take a break for one week. The Dogs have found new life in these last two weeks and are turning the corner but I do not think that they will get the points in Commonwealth giving us a 10 point win. UK 28-UGA 18
I will take UK by 3. 27-24 at home.

Allow me to say this though. I have never seen two teams that have one player that REALLY dictates how they perform. Georgia plays well if AJ Green plays well as does UK with Randall Cobb.

With that said, I do not think UK can stop Green OR Georgia stop Cobb. That is why I predict the shootout. Role players will have to step up. I believe that if UK wins it will be because Winston Guy and Danny Trevathan have huge games. If Georgia wins it will be because the QB spreads the field.

Let's look at the matchups:

Coach- Advantage Georgia
QB- Advantage UK
RB- Advantage UK
WR's- Advantage Georgia
All-purpose Players- Advantage UK
TE's- Advantage Georgia
Offensive Line- Advantage Georgia
Defensive Line- Push
Linebackers- Advantage Georgia
Cornerbacks- Advantage Kentucky
Safety- Advantage Georgia
Special Teams- Advantage UK
Home-field Advantage- UK

That is an even 6-6. Another reason that this game is close. Wink
LWC Wrote:I will take UK by 3. 27-24 at home.

Allow me to say this though. I have never seen two teams that have one player that REALLY dictates how they perform. Georgia plays well if AJ Green plays well as does UK with Randall Cobb.

With that said, I do not think UK can stop Green OR Georgia stop Cobb. That is why I predict the shootout. Role players will have to step up. I believe that if UK wins it will be because Winston Guy and Danny Trevathan have huge games. If Georgia wins it will be because the QB spreads the field.

Coach- Advantage Georgia
QB- Advantage UK
RB- Advantage UK
WR's- Advantage Georgia
TE's- Advantage Georgia
Defensive Line- Push
Home-field Advantage- UK

I'm going to disagree on the D-Line, I believe the Dogs have the advantage in every defensive category except Cornerback, and I believe that is the push.
LWC Wrote:I will take UK by 3. 27-24 at home.

Coach- Advantage Georgia
QB- Advantage UK
RB- Advantage UK
WR's- Advantage Georgia
TE's- Advantage Georgia
Defensive Line- Push
Home-field Advantage- UK

You think Georgia has better receivers? I disagree with that. Danny Trevathan will have a big game regardless, he almost always does, he's a beast. Georgia's RB that is suspended will also hurt them bigtime I think..
Just a "big" game for both schools,programs, and coaches. UK wins this one and could take a big step to bowlin'.

Georgia and Coaches are under the gun and really need to win Saturday.
UK- 41

Georgia - 31
Pages: 1 2